TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Expands Airbag Recall

So far 2005-2007 Ford Mustangs are listed. I see other sites that list 2005-2014 Mustangs, 2005-2006 Ford GT and 2006-2008 Ford Ranger.

I am sure this will include our Shelby GT 500's. I'm guessing of course that the same internal airbag components are used except the cover is different ( Running Horse vs. Shelby Cobra).

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Takata-releases-expanded-airbag-recall-list-305436441.html?device=tablet&c=y

Chris,

As far as I can tell it is only the passenger side, I guess I should of said the lettering (Mustang VS Shelby GT500). I am hoping it's not for all years, models and all the air bags(Steering Wheel, Seats)...stay tuned for updates. Putting in the VIN at the NHTSA website my vin does not show the recall..

I just searched the NHTSA site for recalls against my vin and it came up with driver airbag 14-B09 which was the original recall for vehicles in high humidity areas. After talking with the dealer he indicated that the new expanded recall number is 15-S21 but Ford does not have parts available yet and will send formal recall notices. He went on to explain that the recall status has now been changed to a "safety" recall (hence the S in the recall number) and that at some point the state of California will not issue tag renewels without proof that the recall has in fact been completed.

Guest markham51

One of the very ominous bits of news was that it will take two and a half years.

That is, it will take two and a half years for the manufacturer to source materials and make the necessary parts, using all its production facilities.

Good luck, Californians.

Archived