TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bangastang

Shelbyite

Well according to another forum, one of the employees left the business due to "differences" and "restructuring" and hasn't heard from Hendrix in quite sometime. Kind of glad to see them closed now since all the horror stories of people getting ripped off from them. I never did business with them so I can't say they were bad. Though I did really want to get their carbon fiber mirrors. But glad I didn't send them money!

They will likely be back under a different name and owners. I saw a 08 Silver KR that had the rad cover done by Bangastang at the 50th show in Charlotte. As I remember, the owner told me it took 3 months to complete but the result was outstanding.

They will likely be back under a different name and owners. I saw a 08 Silver KR that had the rad cover done by Bangastang at the 50th show in Charlotte. As I remember, the owner told me it took 3 months to complete but the result was outstanding.

I'm thinking Same Owners, Different Name.

when somebody finds out the new name.....please share it here......this way those of us who care to can steer clear of Hendrix and his incessant delays and excuses, nobody needs that nonsense......

+1 ... amen to that.

Well according to another forum, one of the employees left the business due to "differences" and "restructuring" and hasn't heard from Hendrix in quite sometime. Kind of glad to see them closed now since all the horror stories of people getting ripped off from them. I never did business with them so I can't say they were bad. Though I did really want to get their carbon fiber mirrors. But glad I didn't send them money!

Those CF Mirror are available from APR performance in walnut Cali I'm looking to getting a set

JLT sells a similar paint matched radiator cover that is equal or superior to what Bangastang had -- and it shows up in less than a month despite being a custom paint/vinyl order from a company that I've never heard anything but praise for..

I never did business with Bangastang myself, but heard more than enough complaints about them at various shows (and obviously on forums) to steer clear.

The radiator cover Bangastang offered was a quality piece. I like it better than the one offered by JLT because it covered more area. I got lucky and was able to purchase two from them in a six week time frame. The quality was top notch. It's too bad they ran their business the way they did. They could've been really successful.

The only reason I did was because I got to see some of his radiator covers next to JLT's at a show and just liked the way they surrounded the washer filler neck. I knew Grabber had succefully dealt with him so I gave him a shot. I did everything through my credit card so that'd I had some recourse. Luckily, this time he did exactly what he promised.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered the complete package, rdiator cover, strut caps, Master cylinder cover, battery cover. It took them 9.5 months to make and finally ship, oh and when the did ship only partial pieces to the order. Just under a year I got me order. I have to admit the parts look awsome, but man the excusses and the wait time, was killer. I can completely understand why they finally went under.

Mark

Archived