TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drag Slicks

my car only goes out on a nice days never been in rain. I now have nitto nto1s with 750rwh. They work ok but the temp needs to be in the 80,s. i know these are not drag radials but the guy who did the motor work said they seem to hook better than the nt05,s THANKS AGAIN

Unfortunately, yes, Venem07. The Nittos's hook all the time but the Mickeys had to burn out first. On the street it helps a lot to have the traction from the tires all the time, not requiring a burnout. But Mickey Thompson is coming out with a new "E/T Street SS" drag radial this summer that I will try next.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/adart/v/sellsheets/ET+Street+SS+Sell+Sheet.pdf.html

I've run Nitto 555Rs as daily drivers for years on my 08 Shelby, as they made a size that fit. they stick but wear out very quickly. I also hydroplaned at 40 in the rain. I wouldn't advise them.

Toyo proxes R888 track tires are heaven! They make the exact size for the oem 13-14 GT500 wheel. They stick like glue and have a deeper tread to solve the wear and hydroplaning issue. I know of no other r-compound rubber that fits the oem wheel.

Toyo proxes R888 track tires are heaven! They make the exact size for the oem 13-14 GT500 wheel. They stick like glue and have a deeper tread to solve the wear and hydroplaning issue. I know of no other r-compound rubber that fits the oem wheel.

^^^^^ truth

Edited by boom!

Venom07 - My $.02- I had the MPSS 295's on rear and although they are better than the GY's frankly if straight line traction is your objective than you WILL BE DISAPPOINTED. I swapped the rears for the Nitto NT555r's and are much happier. Are they perfect- no. No tire is perfect in all conditions. They handle reasonably well and I drove my car in rain for first time ever on Friday (had appt to get my MGW Gen 2 in) and with moderate rain at 60 no hydroplaning. Many members on the other forums have been very happy with the NT555r's and Toyo R888's as a good transition to a street able DR. The Nitto NT05r and the MT appear to be the best straight line dry options but least desirable in rain and don't last long.