Charlie Kemp Diecast - Only 350...

SHLBY EH

For the diecast enthusiast;

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z80-za1801812cs.htm

As far as I know there are 349 left.

;)

Z80-ZA1801812CS-2T.jpg

"

In 1965, Carroll Shelby set the performance world ablaze with the amazing Ford Shelby G.T.350. A car that could do it all, from road racing champion to drag strip king and stop light terror, it was one of the most important vehicles in history.

This year is the 50th anniversary of the G.T.350. In honor of this monumental milestone, Carroll Shelby’s Store is offering only 350 of an exclusive Limited Edition 1:18 scale die cast of the winningest Shelby G.T350 in history, also known as the “Million Dollar Champion.”

A true collector’s item, this die cast replica of the 1965 Shelby G.T.350R that Texan Charlie Kemp drove is available for a limited time. The #23 Shelby G.T.350R won more races and set a record for the fastest 289-powered Shelby ever. Upon the car’s retirement from racing, Carroll signed its passenger side roof and door jamb to honor its unique achievements. This is the same car that sold in 2014 for approximately $1,000,000 at auction.

A true collector's item each of the 350 die cast cars is carefully built to exacting standards as a living record of the legendary car, including the Carroll Shelby signatures exactly as they appear on the original! And these die casts have something available only from Carroll Shelby’s Store – Charlie Kemp’s original autograph.

This Carroll Shelby Store EXCLUSIVE version is unique with:

• Carroll Shelby's commemorative signature
  • Charlie Kemp's authentic signature
  • A Certificate of Authenticity
  • Limited Edition of 350
  • Individual numbering
  • Exclusive Carroll Shelby Store packaging
  • A Commemorative Booklet personally autographed by Charlie Kemp that includes vintage race photos, history and modern photos of the restored car.

"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the diecast enthusiast;

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z80-za1801812cs.htm

As far as I know there are 349 left.

;)

Z80-ZA1801812CS-2T.jpg

"

In 1965, Carroll Shelby set the performance world ablaze with the amazing Ford Shelby G.T.350. A car that could do it all, from road racing champion to drag strip king and stop light terror, it was one of the most important vehicles in history.

This year is the 50th anniversary of the G.T.350. In honor of this monumental milestone, Carroll Shelby’s Store is offering only 350 of an exclusive Limited Edition 1:18 scale die cast of the winningest Shelby G.T350 in history, also known as the “Million Dollar Champion.”

A true collector’s item, this die cast replica of the 1965 Shelby G.T.350R that Texan Charlie Kemp drove is available for a limited time. The #23 Shelby G.T.350R won more races and set a record for the fastest 289-powered Shelby ever. Upon the car’s retirement from racing, Carroll signed its passenger side roof and door jamb to honor its unique achievements. This is the same car that sold in 2014 for approximately $1,000,000 at auction.

A true collector's item each of the 350 die cast cars is carefully built to exacting standards as a living record of the legendary car, including the Carroll Shelby signatures exactly as they appear on the original! And these die casts have something available only from Carroll Shelby’s Store – Charlie Kemp’s original autograph.

This Carroll Shelby Store EXCLUSIVE version is unique with:

• Carroll Shelby's commemorative signature
  • Charlie Kemp's authentic signature
  • A Certificate of Authenticity
  • Limited Edition of 350
  • Individual numbering
  • Exclusive Carroll Shelby Store packaging
  • A Commemorative Booklet personally autographed by Charlie Kemp that includes vintage race photos, history and modern photos of the restored car.

"

Nope 348 mine has aready been shipped.

I am a serious Diecast 1:18 Mustang collector and my issue with this is SAI is charging $26 and change to ship this car, that's absurd! You can ship one of these anywhere in the U.S. except Hawaii and Alaska for less than $15 and that's on the high side I know I have shipped many

They're probably making more off the shipping than the car itself after all the middle men are paid

How is that??; the site indicates

"Expected delivery July 2015"

Exactly just maybe its my other item I ordered which was $ 9.95 I can`t believe they would ship it just for that ,but I do have a shipping & tracking number on my order number.

Exactly just maybe its my other item I ordered which was $ 9.95 I can`t believe they would ship it just for that ,but I do have a shipping & tracking number on my order number.

Interesting; if it arrives before the stated ship date please post a pic!

I ordered mine through SPP immediately with I received the email. $28.00 for shipping. After I placed my order I saw the item on ebay for $8.00 shipping. I called SPP to enquire and assume that they

would adjust the shipping cost. They said that they could not and I cancelled my order and purchased it on ebay SPP said they are separate from Shelby ebay and could not make any adjustments.

Good communication. By the way SPP said that they are instructed to charge a service see of $14.00 per order????

Just did a conversion. The $149.95 plus $28.00 shipping is $177.95 US. At today's rate that equals $219.00 Canadian. Called customs.There is a 13% tax added on that. The border may or may not charge a duty.

Total with out duty, $247.47 Canadian.. Too rich for me. :drop:

Got it Thanks Ya $8.00 standard shipping verses $28.00 SAI . I guess SAI pays their help more to package & mail items. I think they (SAI) need to look into their high shipping cost

Heck, I live only 750 miles away and my shipping came to just over $30? That is some of the most ridiculous shipping that I have ever seen. Hence why most of my orders from Shelby have been on Ebay lately. Shipping is about 1/4 on Ebay than from SPP. Why is it so much cheaper to buy things on Ebay than directly from the store. If I would have thought that these would have come up on Ebay, I would have waited, but last time I waited, the item sold out. Now I'm getting screwed on over $20 in shipping. Crazy.

BTW- Here is what it looks like in 1:1

(Yes, this is THE car)

kemp.JPG

If you look closely at the hood, you will see it bows in the middle. This was done by closing it on a wrench during one of the first races because of an overheating problem. Strict rules prohibited further modification of the vehicles, so this was hillbilly engineering at its best!

BTW- Here is what it looks like in 1:1

(Yes, this is THE car)

attachicon.gifkemp.JPG

If you look closely at the hood, you will see it bows in the middle. This was done by closing it on a wrench during one of the first races because of an overheating problem. Strict rules prohibited further modification of the vehicles, so this was hillbilly engineering at its best!

Did you get to see it and take this picture?

Yes, I am friends with its owner, and he had me over for a visit last month. It is pretty cool, and he has several worthy museum cars.

To me, this car and a very few others are the main reason the Shelby has the prestige it does.

I very much would like to see racers of the modern day do for this generations builds what racers like Kemp, Hill, Titus did for that generation.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought it from the Shelby store. As for the number,the only one i can find is on the box 1 of 350. If anyone else has there's, maybe they can weigh in.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z80-za1801812cs.htm My amount was 180.44 with 2 day shipping.

Usually the Number is on the Bottom of the Car not on the Box.

The bottom of the car just says....1965 Shelby G.T. 350 used under license

If you read the SAI description it says individual number so there should be a number some where . Is it on the certificate you received ?

Archived