TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New York International Auto Show 2015 Gt350R

captdave

I went to the NY International Auto Show on April 7, 2015. Wanted to see the new GT350R & Ford GT.

I first started going to the NY Auto Show back in 2006 when the new Shelby 2007 GT500 was first introduced. Only took a few point & shoot's back then. I thought I would try to do better this time.

Best NY Auto Show I've been to, so far. It was fantastic in every way (couldn't find Shelby American, I looked for them everywhere).

Blue on Blue is not the easiest thing to shoot, what was Ford thinking? Big crowds all the time near the cars, that's normal.

The new GT350R looks mean and functional, like it's meant to be. This is what people must have thought about the 65 GT350 when it was introduced?

17092843365_94fe124150_c.jpg

16914552868_fffcf12475_c.jpg

16462783453_980807a763_c.jpg

16915362550_ac1f64fc9c_c.jpg

CaptDave

Not the car for me at all, and it looks like the front fender on the blue car, lower grill surround, has been in a wreck? Surely Ford could have been more careful about a display car, was there any other damage on it?

Very bad lighting, Javis Center is always bad. NY Auto Show always a problem to shoot. The Ford GT350R & GT were extra hard to shoot correctly. They are on a rotating platform with loads of people moving about. The GT350R was blue with the same color blue background. The Ford GT was a strange color with a changing background, hard to shoot.

Overhead lights may appear like damage on the cars? The cars didn't seem to have a problem. Again, really bad lighting on these two cars.

No one cleared the crowds and positioned the cars where I wanted them with access to my tripod, like the press gets.

CaptDave

there is a reason they used a Blue on Blue backround its called contrast and visual effect. Any artist should be able to explain it better... I love Blue so to me it looks great but not sure I would have chosen Black stripes on a Blue car

Both cars look freakin' amazing IMO. If I thought I could actually get my hands on a GT350R I would trade my '09 on it in a heart beat. Probably change the rear wing to something more aesthetically pleasing and functional, but overall that car is bad ass. As for the new Ford GT? LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!

Excellent photography as well Capt Dave and thanks for sharing!

Like the GT 350R, but the rear spoiler is a bit much and overdone in my opinion. GG

Sorry folks, but the entire outward design of this car is 'overdone' IMHO. I really feel Ford jumped the shark on the overall design with the Europeanized look (or whatever it was they were thinking). :shrug: And no amount of aftermarket body cladding is going to fix it. :sos: The body lines are just all wrong on it, as is that awful front end/overhang and wrap-around headlights. May appeal to the younger crowd. To each their own, but this design isn't for me. I'll stick to the '05-'14 designs. I do, however, like the interior and mechanics.

Archived