TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How can I track my car as it gets built???

chuckstang

My car has a build date week of June 10!!!

Finally the time has come and well I am curious if I can keep track of its progress as it gets built and where it goes after that and then track the track/train it gets on to get to its final destination :)

My car was ordered with just the Int. Upgrade and Stripe Delete as well, final destination is Tasca Ford in RI :D

grabber is the best help! harass, I mean PM him :)

I think i'd need your dealer's "dealer code" and first 2 last 8 of your VIN to look it up through Ford's Order banks and check dates for ya.

*edit-i splel reel gude

I also have been seeking help to track mine. I ordered it Jan. 8, 2007. it was supposed to be built 6/4-6/8. i am told it is expected to ship on 6/25, and arrive at the dealer in New Hampshire 7/5. i have had one salesman and sales manager so far. my dealer is not a whole lota help. the best info i have found have been on these forums. i called ford customer service every wed. for about 6 weeks, only once did i speak to a guy who could really tell me what was going on. i would love to recieve some feed back like i have seen others get. i can not believe it is so frustrating getting a new car! in 23 years of buying cars, i have never dealt with this wait.

I also have been seeking help to track mine. I ordered it Jan. 8, 2007. it was supposed to be built 6/4-6/8. i am told it is expected to ship on 6/25, and arrive at the dealer in New Hampshire 7/5. i have had one salesman and sales manager so far. my dealer is not a whole lota help. the best info i have found have been on these forums. i called ford customer service every wed. for about 6 weeks, only once did i speak to a guy who could really tell me what was going on. i would love to recieve some feed back like i have seen others get. i can not believe it is so frustrating getting a new car! in 23 years of buying cars, i have never dealt with this wait.

I can't help with the tracking part, but PM me your email, vin #, name of dealer and their city and state and I will see what I can find.

Dealers get automatic electronic updates on all there cars every couple days that shows the status. It is very accurate as far as what part of the build process the car is in. Make your dealer work for you and demand copies of the status report. I got one every Thursday from my dealer faxed to me. Once your car is released from plant and it gets put in "La La Land", I can help find it sometimes.

That is a great idea, something i did not know. i will call them, my salesman was pretty good to talk with,( who is now gone) but the new manager seems none to intersted in going out of his way. i do not want to ruffle to many feathers do to the fear of the deal going sour some how. they are not my local dealer, so they are not overly concerned about a futre sale with me.

That is a great idea, something i did not know. i will call them, my salesman was pretty good to talk with,( who is now gone) but the new manager seems none to intersted in going out of his way. i do not want to ruffle to many feathers do to the fear of the deal going sour some how. they are not my local dealer, so they are not overly concerned about a futre sale with me.

By getting the electronic updates I was able to get all the dates shown in my signature and I have all the paperwork (updates) for my scrap book. You can also call customer service at 1-800 392-3673 and they can help you too. You need to get in good with the dealer and get him to fax the weekly print out to you.

Did you have your dealer arrange to have your car dropped shipped to SAI to have the 40th or SS package done or something?

Your invoice shows the ship to address going to Shelby Automobiles. If you did not want this you need to have them try and get this corrected before the car is shipped or that is where it will be going. They may have mistakenly entered the SAI ship through code by mistake when they ordered it. Unless you wanted it shipped there.

No, i did not ask to have it shipped to las vegas. unfortunately, i can not afford to have either package put on at this time. i will get on the phone first thing to them in the morning. i hope i can get this corrected or it will delay my car, and add more shipping charges. this was helpful. it only enforces the uneasy feelings that i have until the car is in the garage. there had been a few occassions when i spoke with the dealership, and they said the car had to go to carrol shelby for him to work his magic. i just figured they knew nothing about the car. i was relieved to see that when i went on fords website, at least the car was listed as a gt 500, and not a shelby gt. man i hpoe i get the shipping straightened out.

At some point though, will my dealer or someone notify and tell me my car will be at the dealership on such and such a day at such a such time so that way I can take the day off and be there the second it arrives???

I do not want to get a call at 4pm and hear, "hey your car is here but its late so we will prep it tomorrow morning, well just keep it here over night."

No way I am leaving this car anywhere, after I pay for it. I am having it drop shipped so mine will be paid for way before I ever see it.

Is it unrealistic to think/hope that I will have notice as to when it will arrive and all that good stuff??

I am sure Ford dealers must know that this car is a bit different, I mean what other Ford cars have people paid over sticker!

At some point though, will my dealer or someone notify and tell me my car will be at the dealership on such and such a day at such a such time so that way I can take the day off and be there the second it arrives???

I do not want to get a call at 4pm and hear, "hey your car is here but its late so we will prep it tomorrow morning, well just keep it here over night."

No way I am leaving this car anywhere, after I pay for it. I am having it drop shipped so mine will be paid for way before I ever see it.

Is it unrealistic to think/hope that I will have notice as to when it will arrive and all that good stuff??

I am sure Ford dealers must know that this car is a bit different, I mean what other Ford cars have people paid over sticker!

I mean what other Ford cars have people paid over sticker!

Ford GT. $25K - $100K over

05 GT Mustangs. $2K - $10K over

Escape Hybrids As much as $5K over

Ford Fusions. $3K over

Ford T-Birds. $5K over

03 - 04 Mach 1 Mustangs. $5K over

Prior year cobra mustangs.

Ford Edge

Many others over the years.

Chuckstang,

This is the reality of it. For the dealers, the truckers, the shippers, the railcar dudes, the loaders, and the lot boys....this is just another car. Nothing Special. They don't have the pasion for the car like we do! I know you don't want to hear it...but is is true for most. Unless you can follow your car thru a dealer who cares about you....you will have no idea when it will show up. Your guess is as good as the lot boys.

Yup, just talked to my dealer and got that same answer, they said they usually know within 7 days which is ok I guess if it is true but he said that usually it is not!

Since my car is being dropped shipped, perhaps I could nag the dealer my car is going to? Or maybe they would care even less since it was not bought from them.

I thought many people on here were at their dealership the second it came off the truck? That would be ideal so that way nothing funny goes on, like lot boys joy riding in the parking lot, attaching a front plate, or destroying the front splitter.

Yup, just talked to my dealer and got that same answer, they said they usually know within 7 days which is ok I guess if it is true but he said that usually it is not!

Since my car is being dropped shipped, perhaps I could nag the dealer my car is going to? Or maybe they would care even less since it was not bought from them.

I thought many people on here were at their dealership the second it came off the truck? That would be ideal so that way nothing funny goes on, like lot boys joy riding in the parking lot, attaching a front plate, or destroying the front splitter.

If you know how to work the system..........it can be done. You will need to do research and find out where the trucking company is and get a phone number and a name of someone with that company who is willing to help you. I did this and followed the truck down the road to my dealership and watched it being unloaded!

You can also ask your salesperson/their manager to tell ford to flag the VIN as HOT, once it's built this will help move it down the shipping lines faster.

THEN they should call the Final Ramp company, and tell them to flag it HOT, as this will get it on the first truck as soon as it gets off of the railcar.

good luck!

You can also ask your salesperson/their manager to tell ford to flag the VIN as HOT, once it's built this will help move it down the shipping lines faster.

THEN they should call the Final Ramp company, and tell them to flag it HOT, as this will get it on the first truck as soon as it gets off of the railcar.

good luck!

Very true - my dealer did something like that and when the rail car (FINALLY) arrived in SoCal it was on one of the 1str trucks for the dealer. I had my dealer call me as soon as the truck arrived and was ready to head out as soon as I received the call. 2.5 hours later I was pciking up my new Shelby and it was still dripping from the dealer's wash. Only thing...it did have 17 miles on it and the SC was definitely out of sleeper mode. My dealer is an old high school friend and he personally took charge of the Shelby when it arrived (even to gas it up) so I think the shipping/rail personnel DO know the difference between a Shelby and regular Mustang :yup: and did "test" it out a bit during the transport process....no proof - but someone put 17 miles on the car and over 5 consecutive miles to unlock the SC :shrug:

Curious, I wonder what the average number of miles on the GT500 was for the SU members?

Very true - my dealer did something like that and when the rail car (FINALLY) arrived in SoCal it was on one of the 1str trucks for the dealer. I had my dealer call me as soon as the truck arrived and was ready to head out as soon as I received the call. 2.5 hours later I was pciking up my new Shelby and it was still dripping from the dealer's wash. Only thing...it did have 17 miles on it and the SC was definitely out of sleeper mode. My dealer is an old high school friend and he personally took charge of the Shelby when it arrived (even to gas it up) so I think the shipping/rail personnel DO know the difference between a Shelby and regular Mustang :yup: and did "test" it out a bit during the transport process....no proof - but someone put 17 miles on the car and over 5 consecutive miles to unlock the SC :shrug:

Curious, I wonder what the average number of miles on the GT500 was for the SU members?

Mine had 8 miles off the truck. Most vehicles have between 4 - 8 miles on them when they come in.

Part of the PDI (post delivery inspection) process requires driving the car to make sure everything is OK before putting them on the lot or letting customers take them.

Part of the PDI process requires the dealer to reset the sleeper mode to get full power before delivering the car. So your dealer may have done that. A lot of people did not want that done because they did not want anyone to drive the car, but it is a requirement by Ford as part of the PDI process.

Mine had 8 miles on it.

Rob, was your SC still in the sleeper mode?

I watched the tech activate it by doing the procedure listed in the paperwork. He actavated it that way manually and then I drove it up to get gas with the salesman.

Archived