TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tsb Repair In Colorado

NileGT500

Hello everyone, I have an 08 gt500. The current tsb on the clutch and transmission has reached my vehicle. I am looking for a good dealership in colorado to take my car to and have fixed. I live in colorado springs, will NOT take my car to Phil Long to have anything done, will drive it to denver or wherever the best place to take is. Thanks for any help.

Hello everyone, I have an 08 gt500. The current tsb on the clutch and transmission has reached my vehicle. I am looking for a good dealership in colorado to take my car to and have fixed. I live in colorado springs, will NOT take my car to Phil Long to have anything done, will drive it to denver or wherever the best place to take is. Thanks for any help.

As a life-long retired Auto Tech, Phil Long Motor City (NOT Chapel Hills) is the *only* place I will take my car if a Dealership has to work on it.

Ernie Lanning (Service Mgr) will *only* allow their SVT Certified Tech (also named Phil) work on my car. Even for something as small as a oil/filter change. And Phil is the *only* guy there that I will allow to work on my car. I have 'interviewed' both of them and have 100% confidence in both. Well, okay, maybe more like 98 or 99%...

Stay WELL away from Phil Long Chapel Hills. 'Nuff said.

Also stay away from the local "Tuner Shop" (rhymes with "Evolution") that most people think is the only place to get a GT500 worked on around here. I have absolutely NO confidence in them. 'Nuff said there too.

Rob Williams up in Denver is the only other guy I'd consider. I've 'interviewed' him too and have 100% confidence in him. As do many many others. His shop has been in disarray lately but I hear he has settled into another venue. I just don't know where it is but a couple of other Co. guys here do and will chime in.

HTH,

Phill

As a life-long retired Auto Tech, Phil Long Motor City (NOT Chapel Hills) is the *only* place I will take my car if a Dealership has to work on it.

Ernie Lanning (Service Mgr) will *only* allow their SVT Certified Tech (also named Phil) work on my car. Even for something as small as a oil/filter change. And Phil is the *only* guy there that I will allow to work on my car. I have 'interviewed' both of them and have 100% confidence in both. Well, okay, maybe more like 98 or 99%...

Stay WELL away from Phil Long Chapel Hills. 'Nuff said.

Also stay away from the local "Tuner Shop" (rhymes with "Evolution") that most people think is the only place to get a GT500 worked on around here. I have absolutely NO confidence in them. 'Nuff said there too.

Rob Williams up in Denver is the only other guy I'd consider. I've 'interviewed' him too and have 100% confidence in him. As do many many others. His shop has been in disarray lately but I hear he has settled into another venue. I just don't know where it is but a couple of other Co. guys here do and will chime in.

HTH,

Phill

I should have been moved to Colorado in Jan. and it got delayed and now looks like July it should happen so I want to know the name of that tuner shop so I stay away?

Certain things I will still use my guys in FL but for minor things want to make sure nimwits never touch it. Spent a couple decades avoiding nimwitz down here after a few hard lessons but CO is all new

I second Phill's recommendation of Rob Williams for all your tuning needs.

Since your question related to TSB work, however, I assume you're looking for a Ford dealership. With that in mind, I also second his recommendation AGAINST Phil Long Chapel Hills. I can't speak to their mechanical competence, but they are DISHONEST. (See my signature for the broad strokes.)

I should have been moved to Colorado in Jan. and it got delayed and now looks like July it should happen so I want to know the name of that tuner shop so I stay away?

Like I said, "Rhymes with Evolution". You can't miss it knowing that much. In fact, just add a R....

RWR is Rob Williams Racing and if you ask just about anyone in CoS that has serious work done to their Ford (not just Shelby/Mustang/GT500 (etc.) they'll put his name right on top of any list. I've never heard ANYTHING bad about Rob or RWR.

He is "the guy" around Denver and the front range, as well as parts north/south.

Phill

Since your question related to TSB work, however, I assume you're looking for a Ford dealership. With that in mind, I also second his recommendation AGAINST Phil Long Chapel Hills.

Agreed and the reason I said if I need any DEALERSHIP work done, I will ONLY go to Phil Long Motor City/Ernie/Phil.

BTW, Phil also does side work so if you walk in and ask to talk to Phil ("The SVT Certified Tech") you may find your (local) guy to do work on your GT500.

And your (Norton) 'experience' with them is the *primary* reason I recommend against them. But yours isn't the only negative I've heard about them (and some of it from former employees of the Motor City shop) so I"m not going solely from one bad experience.

Phill

Thanks guys. Its was the phil long in chapel hills that i have had issues with. I am putting in an aftermarket clutch, but my extended warranty is covering the transmission repairs, the after market clutch is out of my pocket. Heard the same thing about the "evolution" and agree. So, because of the warranty work, i am taking to a Ford dealership. Will cal Phil up. Thanks again.