TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Gt500 Gains

Hi all,

I have a 2012 GT500 currently with a catback exhaust. I am planning on doing the following mods within a month. How much hp gains can I expect? How much would that affect acceleration (0-60)?

CAI

Headers

2.6 Pulley & Idler

Overdrive harmonic balancer pulley

Twin 65mm Cobra Jet throttle body

Spark plugs

Heat exchanger

Tune

Thanks in advance

Whomever you're purchasing your pulley and tune from need to know what all you're adding to get the "canned" tune to you right. I'm sure they will be able to get you a ballpark figure as the sum of your parts isn't anything that unusual.

i have a 2010 , so you have about 15 more hp then mine to start, so with that said , i did most of those mods except heat exchanger, and lower pulley which i have but never installed ( pulley will give more boost ,) i also have mid pipe,and 1 piece drive shaft ,stock my car had 477 to the wheels,after the tune and mods it now has 540 to the wheels ,i hope that helps you .

My guess is you'll be pulling about 600-625HP to the wheels and able to run (1/4 mile) low 11's- high 10's on a favorable day. 0-60 in the lower 3-second range if you can get traction.

secondo, he would have to change the blower to a whipple or kenny bell to get to 625 to the wheels , also as we all know some dynos do not give the correct hp , i have been talking to a few shops in my area, and with a 2.9 whipple ,new tune ,injectors, i would be around 625- 640 depending on the tuner

Edited by BLUE 2010 SHELBY GT 500

Hi all,
I have a 2012 GT500 currently with a catback exhaust. I am planning on doing the following mods within a month. How much hp gains can I expect? How much would that affect acceleration (0-60)?
CAI
Headers
2.6 Pulley & Idler
Overdrive harmonic balancer pulley
Twin 65mm Cobra Jet throttle body
Spark plugs
Heat exchanger
Tune
Thanks in advance

if you are interested and have not purchased a lower pulley yet ,i have a new one still in the box, i paid $700 i will give it up for $ 500, just a thought

I have 556WHP with just a simple supercharger pulley and tune. In addition to that, he's going to have headers, O/D pulley and throttle body. How much HP do you think those are worth?

not much, im not trying be a no it all , but we all hear how much all these mods do, for example headers , if your lucky with long tubes 25 hp . i have ford racing shortys and im lucky if i got 10hp, like i said in my other post,it all depends on the dyno itself, and the tuner, my tuner is consevative, so thats what my car ended up with 540hp ,if i wanted to push the tune a little maybe it would be at 560?, its all up to the tuner on how much he or she wants to risk your motor, i have heard of shops that there dyno is for bragging rights, sounds stupid , but the truth, i have spoken with other gt 500 oweners 2007-2012 with almost the same mods and the numbers are total different ? its the dyno type or non consevative tune ,mine and your motor are close in hp, and i have shorty headers,mid pipe, corsa .pulley ,tune,cai, one piece drive shalf i have less hp that yours, ?

i have a 2010 , so you have about 15 more hp then mine to start, so with that said , i did most of those mods except heat exchanger, and lower pulley which i have but never installed ( pulley will give more boost ,) i also have mid pipe,and 1 piece drive shaft ,stock my car had 477 to the wheels,after the tune and mods it now has 540 to the wheels ,i hope that helps you .

You have a good looking 2010, what size tires are on your Alcoa's?

Ah, so I see how it depends a lot on the tuner and dyno. I'm hoping he gets at least 600WHP with those mods. An aftermarket supercharger would unlock tons of HP with his supporting mods.

I've read an article from "Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords" a few years back on comparing dyno shops. The magazine tested the same car on the same day, in the same area at 4 different speed shops with over a 30% difference in dyno numbers. The article suggested some dynos were not calibrated correctly for "SAE Smoothing 5" at 77 degrees versus "Standard" correction or even "Uncorrected" numbers which usually result in inflated numbers depending on ambient temp, barometric pressure, humidity, etc. Dynos can also be manipulated to promote a part showing inflated or artifical gains. A tuner can have a 400 rwhp car show 550 rwhp. I have no dought you will get a significant increase. The baseline should be close to the manufacturer's rating once converted from rwhp to ehp in most cases to start with. ;) If they are, than your rwhp after mods will be "real world" with a reputable tuner. Also insist on a "safe tune" versus "one on the ragged edge", it's not worth another 10-20hp. Power is easy with these cars, attention to traction mods will be necessary.