TEAM SHELBY FORUM

S197ShelbyOA: New England Area 2008

robertlane

As the club continues to grow, I'd like to propose a 2008 S197ShelbyOA meet in the New England area - or as far west as Ohio. It would be cool to host it at a location where both a 1/4 and a road course event could be held.

If anyone has any suggestions or wants to get together and help plan this event for 2008, let me know.

As the club continues to grow, I'd like to propose a 2008 S197ShelbyOA meet in the New England area - or as far west as Ohio. It would be cool to host it at a location where both a 1/4 and a road course event could be held.

If anyone has any suggestions or wants to get together and help plan this event for 2008, let me know.

Mid-Ohio

track_map.pdf

track_map.pdf

WOW! Mid Ohio! I'd love to run there. Good call

Cart, Champ, Indy Car, Trans Am, etc race there all the time. It's definately a professional course, Beaver Run in Pa is nice but strictly Ametuer/ProAm track (big difference).

Stuart

There's Summit Point, WV. http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/ 3 road courses - a two mile stretch on one. This is the eastern pan handle of WV - you could consider it northern VA.

There's also Maryland Intl Raceway - just a drag strip, but a good location. http://www.mirdrag.com/

Sounds like a great idea, Robert...

New England Area I thought consisted of Maine,Vermont,New Hampshire,Massachusetts,Rhode Island and Connecticut? Whats this Ohio, Penn, Maryland and Va, talk?

Agreed. anyone know if there is a road course in NH near the Epping NH raceway(drag race track). that might be a possibility.

New England Area I thought consisted of Maine,Vermont,New Hampshire,Massachusetts,Rhode Island and Connecticut? Whats this Ohio, Penn, Maryland and Va, talk?

PA's not too bad - it's on the fringe between the mid-west and new england. I'd like to see something more to the east of PA though.

OK - I'm out the door for the drive to Tulsa. :superhero:

Agreed. anyone know if there is a road course in NH near the Epping NH raceway(drag race track). that might be a possibility.

I'll ask a co-worker tonight. He has an S-10 he brings up there so he knows the area pretty good. I know there's a drag way down in Thompson, CT, but not sure if they have a road course nearby.

New Hampshire International Speedway in Loudon, NH has a 1.058 mile oval track and a 1.6 mile road course (12 turns).

45 miles away in Epping, NH is New England Dragway that has a 60' wide 1\4 mile track.

This is an option in the central New England area. Give them a check they sound pretty good.

updated: I mentioned the 60' wide 1\4 mile track for our older members like rufdraft, who's eyes aren't quite as good as they use to be. They may need a little extra room going down a straight track. :hysterical:

New Hampshire International Speedway in Loudon, NH has a 1.058 mile oval track and a 1.6 mile road course (12 turns).

45 miles away in Epping, NH is New England Dragway that has a 60' wide 1\4 mile track.

This is an option in the central New England area. Give them a check they sound pretty good.

updated: I mentioned the 60' wide 1\4 mile track for our older members like rufdraft, who's eyes aren't quite as good as they use to be. They may need a little extra room going down a straight track. :hysterical:

Uh oh, sounds like a relapse.

I thought that counciling session with SVTbird had put your issues to rest.

Intervention!

Uh oh, sounds like a relapse.

I thought that counciling session with SVTbird had put your issues to rest.

Intervention!

Issues? :huh: What issues? :unsure: I have no issues. :headscratch: We came close to both having a major issue on I-90. :yup:

:yup: :burnout: :yup: :burnout: :yup: :burnout: You're right. I mentioned those same tracks to Robert the other night.....

Is it possible the teflon coating on my paint deflected the cars/debris and allowed us to continue on unscathed? :shift:

Or....we were just plain lucky.

...........and you think I have issues? :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...
Excellent feedback. I think if we begin planning this now, we can really put something spectacular together.

Is there an area where a 1/4 and a road course are close together?

Of course!!!! Englishtown Raceway in NJ.. it's Perfect..... Pete

Two things....

(1) NJ is not in New England

(2) The road course is still under construction.

details, details.

1) Remember - Robert mentioned New England in general, not an absolute requirement. "meet in the New England area - or as far west as Ohio" So let's end the debate as to which states are considered New England or not and let's find something in the Northeast that's convenient for everyone.

2) road course to be completed by end of 2007. Robert is looking to do something in 2008. I think it may be doable, no?

details, details.

1) Remember - Robert mentioned New England in general, not an absolute requirement. "meet in the New England area - or as far west as Ohio" So let's end the debate as to which states are considered New England or not and let's find something in the Northeast that's convenient for everyone.

2) road course to be completed by end of 2007. Robert is looking to do something in 2008. I think it may be doable, no?

Actually E Town is closer to me than Louden or NE dragway (2 hrs compared to 3hrs) so it wouldn't matter to me . I was just thinking of the guys from upper NE.

That said E town is a great track and I think the road course is right next to the drag strip so that would be the best scenario if it is finished and up and running by spring of 08.

• 3 weeks later...

Englishtown and the Rufstang is there. :happy feet:

Archived