TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For You Ss Owners. Check Link About Real Surplus Ss Hoods

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1049259-07-09-Super-Snake-hoods-Brand-new!&p=14829802&posted=1#post14829802

I really hope it is legitimate and everyone is aware that this is a great deal for a few people that can afford it. I was wondering about his comments regarding CS had the hoods made by inmates. True? Or am I gullible?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1049259-07-09-Super-Snake-hoods-Brand-new!&p=14829802&posted=1#post14829802

I really hope it is legitimate and everyone is aware that this is a great deal for a few people that can afford it. I was wondering about his comments regarding CS had the hoods made by inmates. True? Or am I gullible?

The Super Snake hoods were in fact, made by inmates. There is a prison close to the old Shelby facility on Speedway Blvd. so I assume that's where Shelby was having them made. By the way, that's not all that unusual. Prison's are used for a variety of manufacturing items.

I'm not sure if the newer SS hoods are *still* made in the prison by inmates or not.

Phill

The Super Snake hoods were in fact, made by inmates. There is a prison close to the old Shelby facility on Speedway Blvd. so I assume that's where Shelby was having them made. By the way, that's not all that unusual. Prison's are used for a variety of manufacturing items.

I'm not sure if the newer SS hoods are *still* made in the prison by inmates or not.

Phill

From the information that I have been told there was a significant amount of various products were made from a local prison for SPP.

• 1 month later...

From the information that I have been told there was a significant amount of various products were made from a local prison for SPP.

IIRC, the KR rear axle overflow tanks (aka Puke Tanks) were made at the prison too.

Phill