TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will Super Snake stripe be paint or sticker?

Like I said.....

This was PhD Gofast's 3rd post! Came onboard with a bad attitude. And hasn't stopped.

Just keep in mind, a fatal error SAI could make because of forums like this is to water down the original hype of a true supercar because a few people whined about the price of a package that has not been published yet. If they want $30K for the Super Snake option, it's $30K end of story! However, comma, it better be worth every penny of that $30K price tag and a true step above the rest, not just in "easy" HP figures. I hear rumors already of SAI investigating the cheapening of the Super Snake in both price and performance features - BIG MISTAKE! SAI needs to be very careful that they do the right thing for the "Shelby" namesake, and not just the comglomerate's margin of profit.

Remember the Mustang protoype? The 05 ended up pretty nice, but no where near as nice as the prototype. Do you really want the same thing to happen again with the Super Snake?

Amy - Do the right thing, put all the performance attributes that the Super Snake deserves on it and limit your profit margin to an industry respectable 15% - then calcuate the price. Also, limit the number of cars and publish that number when you release everything at THE SAME TIME.

Forum members - stop guessing! Put a sock in it until we hear from Amy OFFICIALLY!

................and yes - I am on the list for an 08 Super Snake, and I am a little concerned about the bang for the buck factor......

I don't like folks who rain on other folks parade?

It sounds to me that while Phd might want the ss package he has some reservations on some issues and has expressed them perhaps a little too strong ,thereby offending some. We should all keep open minds here and try to be considerate to all so we can continue the free exchange of ideas, concerns and opinions on these great cars and their future. off now :soapbox:

It sounds to me that while Phd might want the ss package he has some reservations on some issues and has expressed them perhaps a little too strong ,thereby offending some. We should all keep open minds here and try to be considerate to all so we can continue the free exchange of ideas, concerns and opinions on these great cars and their future. off now :soapbox:

Couldn't agree more. Well said! :redcard:

I swear ECii is back, because no else could stir up this much of an up roar then he did with his negativity on anything & everthing that was related to SAI, quality of a car, HP to weight ratio, it's an over priced SVT car or even the upgrades that were becoming available.

Where's inspector Clueso?

The only thing I wish SAI would do is allow the package to be done in Phases, kinda like Evo does, lets say take it in phase 1; do brakes, brake vents, suspension, shifter. Phase 2; rearend , tires, rims . Phase 3 ; supercharger and tune Phase 4; hood, stripes, badges, plates, any other cosmetics and serialization/ registration. Why would that be so bad? They would probably get more to do the package, more business, good, good, better, I'm sure some would like that idea. I would think still that there will be limited number doing it even this way, but it gives someone a chance to get serialized/registered that can't come up with 15k down and 15k in how many days after it goes in for work? Schedule phases of the package in and out in a day or two, 4k-5k a pop is that too much to ask? I know the parts will be available seperately, but can't get serialized/registered that way, I probably will have to go that route. BUT if they have a east coast shop like THEY SAID THEY WOULD, would it be that much easier to do in phases and still get it ser./reg.? Anyone out there? Would you do it if available that way easier to budget and NO DIVORCE from wify, wify handles things better a little here, little there for budgeting bills, does not get overwhelmed that way? :hysterical2:

Am I way off base with this idea?

It seems to me that PHD has spoke his opinions on his thoughts about the package. Yes they were strong and negitive. It's out there. We all heard it. We don't need to keep hearing it. The nail has been driven in. I think the nail has even been countersunk.

We don't need it pounded in any more.

Move on, and be done with it !

The only thing I wish SAI would do is allow the package to be done in Phases, kinda like Evo does, lets say take it in phase 1; do brakes, brake vents, suspension, shifter. Phase 2; rearend , tires, rims . Phase 3 ; supercharger and tune Phase 4; hood, stripes, badges, plates, any other cosmetics and serialization/ registration. Why would that be so bad? They would probably get more to do the package, more business, good, good, better, I'm sure some would like that idea. I would think still that there will be limited number doing it even this way, but it gives someone a chance to get serialized/registered that can't come up with 15k down and 15k in how many days after it goes in for work? Schedule phases of the package in and out in a day or two, 4k-5k a pop is that too much to ask? I know the parts will be available seperately, but can't get serialized/registered that way, I probably will have to go that route. BUT if they have a east coast shop like THEY SAID THEY WOULD, would it be that much easier to do in phases and still get it ser./reg.? Anyone out there? Would you do it if available that way easier to budget and NO DIVORCE from wify, wify handles things better a little here, little there for budgeting bills, does not get overwhelmed that way? :hysterical2:

This is a great idea, no need for financing or divorce. Amy said she was looking into a way to help possibly finance ,this would be a great alternative.

It seems to me that PHD has spoke his opinions on his thoughts about the package. Yes they were strong and negitive. It's out there. We all heard it. We don't need to keep hearing it. The nail has been driven in. I think the nail has even been countersunk.

We don't need it pounded in any more.

Move on, and be done with it !

Are my :idea: strong/negative and pounded in ?? :unsure: :(:cry::baby: Or, can these ideas be taken in and worked with? Or were'nt talking about my ideas on this?

Are my :idea: strong/negative and pounded in ?? :unsure: :(:cry::baby: Or, can these ideas be taken in and worked with? Or were'nt talking about my ideas on this?

The topic title has gone way off.

Stripes or paint ?

Apple,

Go ahead, your ideas are fine and maybe we ought to ask Amy about them. I think Rob's comments are about everyone pounding on Phd Gofast (although there's more than that happening in this thread).

Stuart

Apple,

Go ahead, your ideas are fine and maybe we ought to ask Amy about them. I think Rob's comments are about everyone pounding on Phd Gofast (although there's more than that happening in this thread).

Stuart

How do I start a pole for this?? To see how many would opt for this??

How do I start a pole for this?? To see how many would opt for this??

I really couldn't tell you. I've never done a poll before. However, I would:

1) Start a "clean" thread. To get the appropriate focus.

2) Talk to Grabber, SGT500, Coldwaterhotrod, etc to see how to do the poll.

3) Launch the poll and sit back and get ready for the deludge....

Good luck.

Stuart

I really couldn't tell you. I've never done a poll before. However, I would:

1) Start a "clean" thread. To get the appropriate focus.

2) Talk to Grabber, SGT500, Coldwaterhotrod, etc to see how to do the poll.

3) Launch the poll and sit back and get ready for the deludge....

Good luck.

Stuart

Thanks

Chuck, APPLESREDhappy%20feet.gif

Perfect.

So, the final answer is that the stripes are vinyl....and you are starting a poll on the other subject.

Food for thought:

At what point does it become a Supersnake, and not just a GT500 with some options? Something to think about before you post a new thread, for clarity. Have fun...

Thanks

Chuck, APPLESREDhappy%20feet.gif

Chuck,

You're welcome. Oh yeah, I forgot you can also ask crispy on how to do the poll he's the "Super Moderator" (said in Arnold Swartzaneger's voice (sp?)). :hysterical2:

Stuart

Perfect.

So, the final answer is that the stripes are vinyl....and you are starting a poll on the other subject.

Food for thought:

At what point does it become a Supersnake, and not just a GT500 with some options? Something to think about before you post a new thread, for clarity. Have fun...

Chuck,

You're welcome. Oh yeah, I forgot you can also ask crispy on how to do the poll he's the "Super Moderator" (said in Arnold Swartzaneger's voice (sp?)). :hysterical2:

Stuart

Yes in the final cosmetic Phase, with striping, badging and the plating under the hood and on the dash, of coursehappy%20feet.gifThen it is an official SS, registered/serialized :superhero:

Hows this? I started the pole, let's see, so far 5 votes, we will see tommorrow!

Archived