TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will Super Snake stripe be paint or sticker?

Will the triple stripe be paint or sticker?

And what lurkes under the the factory twin stripe if you have them? I wonder if who ever put the stripes on left any marks that might show up when the twins are removed?

Fade shouldn't be an issue, but.........ya never know.

something to think about.

:idea:

My moneys on vinyl but my taste says paint them on

I looked at a Shelby GT at a local dealer yesterday, and was almost as disappointed with the painted stripes as I am with the stock overlapping GT500 sticker stripes.

I was surprized at how the edges were sharp and raised and not feathered-in and clear coated over.

this coupe had silver painted stripes.

will have to go back and ask a few questions now..........

The factory stripes are vinyl for sure. The dealer must have painted them on. As far as the SS is concerned, I would assume they would be vinyl, because of the amount of labor & prep required to do them right would most certainly add a few grand to the price. Just my opinion...

The factory stripes are vinyl for sure. The dealer must have painted them on. As far as the SS is concerned, I would assume they would be vinyl, because of the amount of labor & prep required to do them right would most certainly add a few grand to the price. Just my opinion...

I would say vinyl since that is what is used on the S-GTs.

FYI: SAI currently has 50-60 stripers and that's all they do 4 days a week.

I would say vinyl since that is what is used on the S-GTs.

Vinyl on a $28K option on a now $80+ K car?

That's like having linoleom and formica in a million plus dollar home.

I would hope that for the (28K) money, the (portion of the) end product (that people see) reflects the price.

Vinyl on a $28K option on a now $80+ K car?

That's like having linoleom and formica in a million plus dollar home.

I would hope that for the (28K) money, the (portion of the) end product (that people see) reflects the price.

Would it make you feel better if I told you it was a special color?

Personally, I'm more interested in the performance enhancements as opposed to the appearance changes. The more I learn of everything going into the SS package the better value it seems to be.

Would it make you feel better if I told you it was a special color?

NOPE! :cry:

Personally, I'm more interested in the performance enhancements as opposed to the appearance changes. The more I learn of everything going into the SS package the better value it seems to be.

So am i to understand that you would be willing to accept a factory ford paint job with a few fish eyes in it (saw a GT500 on the lot 2 weeks ago with 3 fish eyes on the roof for +20K ADM) when you pick up your new GT500 just because of the performance gain opportunity over a GT???

I didn't think so...........

Performance can olny be appreciated by the driver (or looser 3 car lengths back at the light). When you show off your ride, what do people see - only the ouside (paint/stripe/wheels) and the engine/interior, etc. They don't get to see all the great stuff inside and underneath. and last time I checked, they seem to point out all the flaws. :doh:

regardless of whether i'm buying a Focus, Bentley, or jet - it should be perfect.

So am i to understand that you would be willing to accept a factory ford paint job with a few fish eyes in it (saw a GT500 on the lot 2 weeks ago with 3 fish eyes on the roof for +20K ADM) when you pick up your new GT500 just because of the performance gain opportunity over a GT???

Performance can olny be appreciated by the driver (or looser 3 car lengths back at the light). When you show off your ride, what do people see - only the ouside (paint/stripe/wheels) and the engine/interior, etc. They don't get to see all the great stuff inside and underneath. and last time I checked, they seem to point out all the flaws. :doh:

regardless of whether i'm buying a Focus, Bentley, or jet - it should be perfect.

I would get my hopes up on the painted stripes. IMHO

Good luck with your Focus, Bentley, or jet!!! :hysterical2:

You could always paint the stripes on afterwards...just an idea...

As far as the bang for the buck, ohhhh, yeah, it's a good deal. Wait...Dr. Gofast....weren't you the one who thought that the SS was not such a good deal? If so, why are you still here??? :headscratch:

For me, it's love :wub: at 1st through 23rd sight...barring a cataclysm, count me in!

edited for clarity ;)

Good luck with your Focus, Bentley, or jet!!! :hysterical2:

You could always paint the stripes on afterwards...just an idea...

As far as the bang for the buck, ohhhh, yeah, it's a good deal. Wait...Dr. Gofast....weren't you the one who thought that the SS was not such a good deal? If so, why are you still here??? :headscratch:

For me, it's love :wub: at 1st through 23rd sight...barring a cataclysm, count me in!

edited for clarity ;)

Crispy - please re-read my posts, - the concern I have been commenting on is that the, as you put it, "bang for the buck", which will cost 28K for the exclusive, rumored limited number, Super Snake can apparently be had on lesser versions (ie 40th) as well as a significantly cheaper upgrade. The whole point of being exclusive, is to be exclusive, not common. You want 725+ horse, spend the 28K! Giving the option to "upgrade" to the Super Snake HP is not the right approach to preserve the exlusivity of the Super Snake. Ultimately it will probably affect sales, as people will question why spend 28K when they can just spend 6K more to get the same net effect.

as for painting the stripes on after the fact to get the show stopping appearance/quality - think about what you just said. You just spent 28K.

Crispy - please re-read my posts, - the concern I have been commenting on is that the, as you put it, "bang for the buck", which will cost 28K for the exclusive, rumored limited number, Super Snake can apparently be had on lesser versions (ie 40th) as well as a significantly cheaper upgrade. The whole point of being exclusive, is to be exclusive, not common. You want 725+ horse, spend the 28K! Giving the option to "upgrade" to the Super Snake HP is not the right approach to preserve the exlusivity of the Super Snake. Ultimately it will probably affect sales, as people will question why spend 28K when they can just spend 6K more to get the same net effect.

as for painting the stripes on after the fact to get the show stopping appearance/quality - think about what you just said. You just spent 28K.

Crispy might not be able to say it, but I will…..

Take your negative, pompous ass comments else where. This website is for True Shelby/Mustang/Ford enthusiast and not for some exclusive, bitching ego elitist.

PhD (If you really have one) Gofast,

You've been negative from day one. If you do not like the comments on this board or the members, why don't you go find a Bentley or Focus Forum to hang out at(if they'll have you).

Stuart

I don't believe I said that I am willing to accept sub-standard work. The question raised was whether or not the SS stripe will be vinyl or paint. An accurate way to predict the quality of stripe application (if, in fact, they are vinyl) would be to look at some S-GTs, not GT500s. It is my opinion that SAI has a higher standard than FoMoCo, and in particular for the SS.

I think you guys are wrong - I am not being negitive, I am being realistic without emotion. You guys are so concerned about the availability of HP, etc, that you are forgetting to apply logic to the situation. Step back and think big picture for a minute. I have had shelbys in our family for 39 years now. I started riding in them in a car seat. did you? And I vintage race. I am an avid Shelby fan. however, I am still concerned that some decisions being made might affect the overall exclusivity of the car in the future.

Slamming me because I am not afraid to ask serious questions, or express concerns is unfair.

What are you going to do when SAI asks for a 15K deposit? I for one am going to quesition why so much before the car is inducted and work is started? I have no problem with the deposit, but it seems a little high just to hold a #.

I think you guys are wrong - I am not being negitive, I am being realistic without emotion. You guys are so concerned about the availability of HP, etc, that you are forgetting to apply logic to the situation. Step back and think big picture for a minute. I have had shelbys in our family for 39 years now. I started riding in them in a car seat. did you? And I vintage race. I am an avid Shelby fan. however, I am still concerned that some decisions being made might affect the overall exclusivity of the car in the future.

Slamming me because I am not afraid to ask serious questions, or express concerns is unfair.

What are you going to do when SAI asks for a 15K deposit? I for one am going to quesition why so much before the car is inducted and work is started? I have no problem with the deposit, but it seems a little high just to hold a #.

I was wondering the same thing...maybe it's because they want to get all the parts ready and the hood made and painted so it will be ready ahead of time .

Just wondeing ?

Spending 30,000 for an upgrade package for most of us is a lot of money. I understand why the cost there is alot going into it . I myself am seriously considering going with it if and when I can come up with the money. I also hope the reserve down payment will be less than $15,000 up front though to reserve my spot.

PhD I can understand your concerns about future value but" me thinks you doth protest too much." Although I would perfer painted stripes ,given that all the current production GT500s have vinyl I don't think going with vinyl on the SS will have any negative affect on the value since it's in keeping with the status quo !

My 2 cents...

Stripes are/will be Vinyl. Painting would take too long, delay production, and add more dollars to the package. Don't like Vinyl? Spend about $1,200.00 and have the stripes painted on afterwards; that's what I did.

Some perspective:

Z06 with ADM: $100,000.

SRT Viper with ADM: $110,000.

540 H.P. KR with ADM: Potentially $130,000+

2008/2009(?) SS Corvette with ADM $150,000++??

Saleen PJ with ADM: $65,000 to $85,000.

Roush Stage 3 with ADM: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00

Shelby GT500SS: Depending on ADM, $70,000 to $95,000.

The only car listed above that offers 725 potential H.P. is the 500SS.

Editorial:

If the package gives anyone any heartburn for any reason, then they should not consider it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and concerns about this matter, but no one should try to shepherd others into their own personal issues about whether or not the package is a good value or not. State your concerns as your own, but please don't make it sound like there is an Army of people here that agree with your specific opinion or problem with the package, because THE MAJORITY DOESN'T. Vinyl stripes Vs. painted on for a $28,000 package? Anyway you sugar coat it, that's just subtitle shit throwing if you ask me. Fiberglass hood replacing an Aluminum hood on a $28,000 package? Too bad, have someone make you a copy in CF.

The package price has been set. Buy it or don't buy it; but don't be pissed or bugged at the people that will go for the package, especially when you meet them at a red light and they hand your ass to you with change to spare.

Oh, BTW, SS parts made in China? Game, set, and match for Amy on her response to that post!

Stripes are/will be Vinyl. Painting would take too long, delay production, and add more dollars to the package. Don't like Vinyl? Spend about $1,200.00 and have the stripes painted on afterwards; that's what I did.

Some perspective:

Editorial:

If the package gives anyone any heartburn for any reason, then they should not consider it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and concerns about this matter, but no one should try to shepherd others into their own personal issues about whether or not the package is a good value or not. State your concerns as your own, but please don't make it sound like there is an Army of people here that agree with your specific opinion or problem with the package, because THE MAJORITY DOESN'T. Vinyl stripes Vs. painted on for a $28,000 package? Anyway you sugar coat it, that's just subtitle shit throwing if you ask me. Fiberglass hood replacing an Aluminum hood on a $28,000 package? Too bad, have someone make you a copy in CF.

The package price has been set. Buy it or don't buy it; but don't be pissed or bugged at the people that will go for the package, especially when you meet them at a red light and they hand your ass to you with change to spare.

Oh, BTW, SS parts made in China? Game, set, and match for Amy on her response to that post!

Now I know why I like you, E :)

Let me buy you a beer sometime :beerchug:

Some perspective:

Editorial:

I probably can't get the coin up for this package at this time, but I concur. Don't buy and quit bitchin'. The dinero is fine for the parts they are putting on. Heck, the wheels alone are probably a couple grand each.

Sheesh.

Some perspective:

Editorial:

Son of GT

I concur. Great performance for the money and built in a legendary speed shop. I just wish I could afford it.

Stuart

It seems to me that just because PhD Gofast is the most vocal contrarian among the group it's not a reason to get ugly. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no "right" or "wrong" opinion. To each his own. If you choose to disagree with someone, you can do so respectfully. I don't see PhD Gofast getting ugly with anyone, just strongly voicing his opinion, which happens to be different that most, or at the least different than the most vocal. Loosen up guys. If you are willing to pay for the SS upgrade, then its worth the money to you. That's all that matters.

It seems to me that just because PhD Gofast is the most vocal contrarian among the group it's not a reason to get ugly. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no "right" or "wrong" opinion. To each his own. If you choose to disagree with someone, you can do so respectfully. I don't see PhD Gofast getting ugly with anyone, just strongly voicing his opinion, which happens to be different that most, or at the least different than the most vocal. Loosen up guys. If you are willing to pay for the SS upgrade, then its worth the money to you. That's all that matters.

Opinions are welcome.

All he has to say has been negative:

Vinyl stripes(live with it or paint your own), fisheyes (they happen here), Chinese parts (not even true)....I do not mind if he has a different opinion than me, really. That's why they make so damn many cars in the world.

Granted, the SS is not for everyone, but if he's that unhappy he doesn't deserve one in the first place. Yup, I said "deserve"...

Further, why keep fighting with this bologna? Why can't he just move on?

Because he doesn't like vinyl and he expects us to jointly petition SAI to paint them??? Oh, come on...

He does, however, have the right to buy something else.

Archived