TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Definition Of A Hertz Shelby?

Hello all and thanks for looking at this. I thought I would poll an idea and question.

As most Shelby's that are tagged as Hertz Shelby's they were built specifically as that, however I was curious how anyone would feel extending this honor to a Shelby that was built and tagged as another model but started life as a factory purpose build for Hertz rental. I do have the Hertz title.

My car is a 2009 convertible that was purchased by Hertz originally for their Florida sun and fun rental program.

After it was done being a Hertz rental it was sold at dealer auction and I became the first private owner and it became a Shelby Terlingua immediately. Ironically the GT-H and Terlingua shared several parts.

So how would people feel about this being an Honorary Hertz Terlingua?

I would have no greater pride than to be able to have this designation, as well would love to use the car to promote all other GT-H's.

Edited by Thumper

Hello Thumper. I think the Hertz piece of history on your car is cool but if it was turned into a Terlingua by Shelby I do not think I would cloud it by adding GT-H accents if that is the intent. (I may be misunderstanding) To me its a former Hertz rental (non Shelby GT-H) and then purchased as the base car for a Terlingua conversion. Just my thought on it. Terlingua's are awesome. What you may want to do is add a HERTZ decal to the others on the front fenders. That may spark some discussion from on-lookers and set yours apart from other Terlinguas but seems to be very appropriate as it was a formal HERTZ rental. There is that connection. That said, your car do as you see fit.

Edited by H0050

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's cool, but their are only 500 Hertz convertibles and my understanding is that your car is the only Terilingua convertible made. It's cool that it was a prior Hertz and I used to own one. I would make a poster or something showing the cars History. Question...do you have both CSM badges and how is it registered in the registry...as a Hertz or a Terlingua.

These are great responses. I see the history of the car as being a Hertz rental Mustang that became transformed into a Shelby Terlingua Mustang at the SA shop. It was never a GT-H.

That's how read this from the original post as well and responded in post #2

Edited by H0050

I must be having trouble following this thread, it appears to me this is just a Mustang that was a rental car that was purchased after it left the Hertz fleet and then had a Shelby Conversion. It was never a Hertz GT-H, so I am not following how it could be considered a Hertz Shelby Mustang at all either or am I missing something.

I must be having trouble following this thread, it appears to me this is just a Mustang that was a rental car that was purchased after it left the Hertz fleet and then had a Shelby Conversion. It was never a Hertz GT-H, so I am not following how it could be considered a Hertz Shelby Mustang at all either or am I missing something.

You are following correctly in my opinion.

Edited by H0050

It's cool, but their are only 500 Hertz convertibles and my understanding is that your car is the only Terilingua convertible made. It's cool that it was a prior Hertz and I used to own one. I would make a poster or something showing the cars History. Question...do you have both CSM badges and how is it registered in the registry...as a Hertz or a Terlingua.

There were two Terlingua convertibles built. This car was built and is listed in the SAI Registry as a Shelby Terlingua. It has no connection to the 2006-07 Shelby GT-H cars. Adding GTH fender badges as suggested does not make this Terlingua a Shelby GTH.

Every one of the 39 Shelby Terlinguas built ended up being a one of one car due to the body style, color and options of each car so I'm perplexed at the need to further separate oneself from others.

Steve

• 1 month later...