TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1968 Gt500Kr

mlane73

I have been looking for a 1968 Acapulco Blue / 4spd / factory air / convertible for some time now. I have posted on the SACC forum but still no leads. I was hoping someone on this forum may know some one who has one or better yet have one they may consider selling...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

mlane

I have been looking for a 1968 Acapulco Blue / 4spd / factory air / convertible for some time now. I have posted on the SACC forum but still no leads. I was hoping someone on this forum may know some one who has one or better yet have one they may consider selling...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

mlane

Factory AC with 4 speed makes a rare car even harder to find...then be color specific...

But BOOM, here you go.

Peter has nice inventory, and his cars are as represented

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site2/listing/1968-shelby-gt500-kr-3/

Guest markham51

I have something close but not selling. Just completing a rotisserie resto. 68 GT500KR Convert with auto and no AC. Acapulco Blue with white top.

Mark

Guest markham51

Is it being done here ?(Canada)

Yes...in Toronto. I gave it to my son and he is getting it done by a friend in Toronto who does that sort of thing. Painting is happening now.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hard to imagine anyone going through all the time, hassle, and expense to rehabilitate one of these old jack ass carts when you can just go out and buy a late model, GT500, rocket ship in the 30s or 40s. Those old junk heaps, squeak, rattle, stink, and are unreliable as hell. Forget about it.

I guess that is probably why he isn't buying a late model?.......that is exactly the point, "you can just go out and buy a late model"...<< Exactly, they are all over, nothing unique there...........

R

Hard to imagine anyone going through all the time, hassle, and expense to rehabilitate one of these old jack ass carts when you can just go out and buy a late model, GT500, rocket ship in the 30s or 40s. Those old junk heaps, squeak, rattle, stink, and are unreliable as hell. Forget about it.

Which begs the question, why do you feel you need to monitor this forum? Why do you feel a need to comment? Frankly it's pricks like you that ruin the Team Shelby forum. If you don't like the topic go to a different thread. I susect you want one, but just can't afford it. SAAC is a much better, more constructive site.

If this turd feels that classic Shelby Mustangs are worthless overpriced, non-historical, rust buckets that bring stupid money at auctions, SAAC is not the place for him. He needs to stick with the TS threads dealing with the newer series of Shelby named toys and not drop in on the classics. They call those old Shelby Mustangs classics for a reason.

I would like to here more about the 68 Shelby that this thread is about and see some photos. :cool:

I wasn't actually suggesting Buster go to SAAC...the moderators would boot him, as they should here. I think anyone that wants to have a constructive dialogue should go to SAAC.

MLane...if you haven't found your unicorn, maybe reach out to Pete Disher aka Coralsnake

Disregard...I see you struck gold. In fact I think Pete is the one who indeed helped him

Edited by Knapper

Guys buy this old junk and quickly realize when they are done with their restoration, rehabilitation, or whatever you wanna call it that the memories of these rust buckets are far better than the reality. They are nothing but money pits. The bubble on these heaps is going to bust and a lot of people will get stuck holding the bag.

My guess is that the guys who are interested in these "old cars" have had experience with them in the past, some many times over, and know as much or even more about what they are buying than you do about what they are buying?

At this point, it is usually not a youngster or novice who is buying a classic muscle car and then "also" expecting to pay big coin to get it restored (or restore it themselves). They know exactly how a car of that era handles, how it smells when running, how it brakes, how it accelerates, no need for stupid comments to these buyers/owners..........It only makes you sound foolish buster........

R

Edited by Robert M

Yeah OK, "turd",. You sound like a real genius. Nice to see that you have appointed yourself as a moderator. This may come as a surprise but not everyone in the Mustang enthusiast community slobbers over the old junk heaps. Take a 60s Mustang out for a romp and then jump in a late model. Classics, indeed.

You're welcome to your opinion. To some degree, I agree. All 60's cars basically suck compared to today's vehicles - power steering, power brakes, all wheel disc brakes, and x10 improvements on those technologies compared to then. That doesn't remove them from the significance of the 60's Mustangs (all of them) nor of the flat out beauty and lines of the cars compared to today's interpretation of the "look".

You'll fail to make your case here. Please take a trip over to SAAC and feel free to try to convince them that the 60's Shelby GT350 and GT500 are not classics. When you have convinced them, report back here. Good luck.

P.S. Maybe your issue is unfamiliarity. Don't know how old you are, but if you learned driving on that kind of vehicle then you know how to drive. No nannies to apply your ABS for you to keep you out of the ditch. Snow don't scare me. Rear wheel drive. Don't use 4wd on ice or you'll die. I'm 63 years old and just bought my first front wheel drive car (it's my wife's technically).

Edited by twobjshelbys

I'm 60 and have had a slew of what some call "classic" Mustangs which are just miserable old rattle traps, ill mannered and slow. And yes, they all stink inside. They are fun to look at and tell stories about but nothing I would ever own again. the only part of those old jack ass carts that I have not taken apart is their transmissions. Forget about them, the bubble we currently see is poised to bust and many will never see the many tens of thousands of dollars the have invested in these rust buckets. Trust me this is very good advice from someone who knows the ropes and has been around the block many, many, times with this stuff. Some of you guys who blow your holes about this subject have no clue and will experience the first and last day scenario that most boat owners experience.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^And again...............what does any of this matter??? (or as Hillary would say, "What does it matter"). We live in the U.S.A., we have the freedom (and "some" can afford) to own their choice, old or new, or both old and new. If someone chooses to spend their money on old or new or both, that is their money no matter what your opinion is and no matter what bubble there is to burst................once again buster, you are just sounding more foolish with every post..............<<And the reason you sound foolish is because these old car buyers have a choice to do this, there are many options for their money to be spent. They most likely "also" have new technology in the garage (probably multiple examples of newer car technology), so it is not like this old car is their only vehicle to depend on day I and, day out.

Again, foolish posts buster...............because the owners on here know all about the old cars that you are describing...............and some have chosen to "also" own old, because they can afford to.......you are not schooling anyone on here, but you are sounding................well? Foolish, for no better description..........

R

Edited by Robert M

Yeah OK, "turd",. You sound like a real genius. Nice to see that you have appointed yourself as a moderator. This may come as a surprise but not everyone in the Mustang enthusiast community slobbers over the old junk heaps. Take a 60s Mustang out for a romp and then jump in a late model. Classics, indeed.

Which, again, begs the question, why do feel compelled to post on a thread specifically dedicated to the enthusiast of these types of cars? Better yet, why do you even read this thread. At 60 years old you must be one miserable s.o.b. if you have nothing better to do than cut down someone else's passion, opinion or hobby. I am fairly sure most of those seeking a classic are not doing it as an investment and don't really care about any speculative bubble. The late model cars will not see the same type of appreciation the classics, there will always be newer technology and more h.p.. If all you had were smelly rattle traps, maybe you should find a better mechanic and move along to a different thread.

I'm 60 and have had a slew of what some call "classic" Mustangs which are just miserable old rattle traps, ill mannered and slow. And yes, they all stink inside. They are fun to look at and tell stories about but nothing I would ever own again. the only part of those old jack ass carts that I have not taken apart is their transmissions. Forget about them, the bubble we currently see is poised to bust and many will never see the many tens of thousands of dollars the have invested in these rust buckets. Trust me this is very good advice from someone who knows the ropes and has been around the block many, many, times with this stuff. Some of you guys who blow your holes about this subject have no clue and will experience the first and last day scenario that most boat owners experience.

Hi Buster, just why the extra effort to try to sway someone, or anyone for that matter, away from buying their dream car? He desires it. There might be things you like that others don't. I chime in because I am an owner of a 65 GT350 tribute and enjoy it. If that does not ruffle your feathers, then maybe this will; it's my daily driver. Yes it will have issues and I deal with them accordingly. I am aware and made my choice. I am happy with it. I see owning a clasic is kind of like being married; you can either take the good with the bad and embrace what you love, or stay single and do whatever you want. But please I ask you, stop bashing. you are not winning any points with anyone. If you are the kind of person that likes causing problems, then maybe the moderators can have you removed. Having an opinion is one thing, but bashing and trying to convince negativity is totally different. Just my thoughts. Other than this, I do hope the gentleman will find his dream 68!

That's right, nobody is making an investment and nobody cares if a pricing bubble has grown to ridiculous levels over the past ten years. Sure nobody cares about any of that stuff do they. No, certainly not. Not until they are sick and tired of wrestling with one of these old jack ass wagons and wants to dump out of it. Then it matters. Bash me all you want, you know I am right.

Whatever......you can't push on a rope and you can't fix stupid. You go along your merry way and move on to a different thread. You are never gonna get it. Again, pathetic...trolling a site regarding cars you don't even like...a 60 year old bashing someone's passion...I hope I have a better fate 10 years down the road. Or maybe ruffling feathers this way is the only way you can get others to communicate with you.