TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sick an tired of dealer BS

SLB8SNK

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shelbydude:

I have a quick question - When you say that other dealers have offered $10,000 over to your dealer, are you referring to $10,000 over invoice, or $10,000 over MSRP? I know that the dealer I got my car from was also offered $10,000 over by a West Coast dealer, but I forgot to ask them if it was over invoice or MSRP as well.

Thanks for your help!

Shelbydude:

I have a quick question - When you say that other dealers have offered $10,000 over to your dealer, are you referring to $10,000 over invoice, or $10,000 over MSRP? I know that the dealer I got my car from was also offered $10,000 over by a West Coast dealer, but I forgot to ask them if it was over invoice or MSRP as well.

Thanks for your help!

They are all over MSRP. Everyday I see dealers posting their GT500's for $10K - $15K over MSRP and other dealers looking for one for $10K over MSRP.

Hello Everyone,

Newbie here... not new to Fords or Shelby's, but new to the forum. I ordered my 08 0n 6/12... red conv. all options except nav, shaker 1000 and Sirius. I was fortunate to get it at just under msrp, (whatever that is) probably will be scheduled and vin'd on 7/22. I will add my 2 cents to the pricing game from my experience with tracking down a Ford GT. I purchased the GT in October '05 for 1K over the lower sticker price (the price went up 10K on all vehicles invoiced after July '05) I used auto trader to search for my desired color and options and didn't limit my traveling distance, I emailed and asked all dealers to call ( I do not fly a desk for a living) me directly if they wanted to really sell the car. The trick here was to have your bank already prepared to wire the money for a deposit. I had at least 8 phone calls out of the 20 or so dealers I contaced, most were pulling my chain and some were on a fishing expedition, but 1 person was extemely polite and sincere, so we closed the deal. Ironically he turned down an offer for more money (5K) from someone from the southeast who couldn't or wouldn't get him a deposit as quick as me.

Incidently if the Shelby pricing follows the GT pricing, then the price should be the lowest 60-90 days before production ends. once production ended the prices shot back up.

They are all over MSRP. Everyday I see dealers posting their GT500's for $10K - $15K over MSRP and other dealers looking for one for $10K over MSRP.

That's amazing that they are still bringing that kind of money. I can't think of too many vehicles that the interest has kept the ADM's going that long. On the other hand a 500 HP car that stickers for under $50,000 was something nobody would have dreamed of just a couple years ago.

By the way, I really like the sidescoops on your car. I think you may have posted bigger pictures somewhere, could you point me to the link? Are your lower sidescoops getting chipped up at all? On the old Shelbys the lower scoops seemed to collect alot of rocks and would get chipped up pretty good. Whose scoops did you go with?

Thanks for the info!

That's amazing that they are still bringing that kind of money. I can't think of too many vehicles that the interest has kept the ADM's going that long. On the other hand a 500 HP car that stickers for under $50,000 was something nobody would have dreamed of just a couple years ago.

By the way, I really like the sidescoops on your car. I think you may have posted bigger pictures somewhere, could you point me to the link? Are your lower sidescoops getting chipped up at all? On the old Shelbys the lower scoops seemed to collect alot of rocks and would get chipped up pretty good. Whose scoops did you go with?

Thanks for the info!

One of the Ford dealers in my area, has a red '08 on order right now, I was not ordered for anyone and is still available as of 6-12-07.

The dealer called wanting to know if I wanted it, I am still holding out for the KR.

Michael

You don't need a Shelby to be part of this group, just a sense of humor. Buying the GT500 for allot of us was an experience in it's self. Trying to get one off parts is another story too, so if you don't have a sense of humor it will wear you down. I hope you get a good price.

Thick skin helps sometimes too

There is so many variables that make getting the car at the best deal you can find now. I know some have paid MSRP but I don't think it is the norm.

Can't imagine if I were left empty handed when they're all gone

I would just be sick about it

then your in the market for a used car

SuperSnake I noticed your HP is less than 500. What am I missing, I mean I know these can be off by a few, but are you saying your Shelby does not make 500 HP? Is that common, or is that just another way of measuring true HP? Can we expect to have these at 500 HP off the line or will we all need to adjust? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I have seen this on many posts and just had to ask!

SuperSnake I noticed your HP is less than 500. What am I missing, I mean I know these can be off by a few, but are you saying your Shelby does not make 500 HP? Is that common, or is that just another way of measuring true HP? Can we expect to have these at 500 HP off the line or will we all need to adjust? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I have seen this on many posts and just had to ask!

dans500,

SS's car is at 448 Rear Wheel Horsepower, that equates to approximately 515 crank horsepower!

Stuart

See I knew there was something to it. Sorry I asked. But then we can all be assured to have the full 500HP off the line? I just wanted some clear thought as I see guys talking HP numbers and they all seem to be all over the place.

See I knew there was something to it. Sorry I asked. But then we can all be assured to have the full 500HP off the line? I just wanted some clear thought as I see guys talking HP numbers and they all seem to be all over the place.

Yes, you'll have the full 500 Crank HP.

For the teams sake, what is he asking for it?

As you would have guessed it is no where near MSRP, 13K over. That would depend on the deal you cold make.

The dealer is LONG LEWIS FORD in Hoover, Alabama; 205-989-3673. Ask for Beverly, tell her one of the Barnett brothers sent you. (It may not help with the price but any little helps.)

The car is a red coupe not sure of the other options.

MIchael

On another deal issue, did any of you order you car from one dealer then have it drop shipped to another? If so, did it cause issues? Also, were any of you worried about the dealer messing up your car on prep? I already heard not to let them wash the black car!

Congrats~ Where did you buy from and did the dealer give you any hassle to drop ship it?

no there was no hassle on Drop shiping he just change it in the order and i got it on the order and i got his last car he's getting he in La. but Keep LOOKing i could have got a few other at MSRP after i order this one so there out there Email all the dealer in us i did about 500 before i found the first one to sell me at MSRP

scsi1, I am on the same boat as you, I signed my MSRP deal on Friday! I agree and have been stating as much. There are MSRP deals out there, although far and few between, and a small number, beat teh bush and you might get lucky. I was a hour away from signing one at 5k over when mine fell into my lap. I still think we are in a small group, very small %, but it is out there.

As for the drop ship... I live in MI about 20 miles away from the plant, but bought at a dealer about 200 miles north... just would hate to ask is all!

scsi1, I am on the same boat as you, I signed my MSRP deal on Friday! I agree and have been stating as much. There are MSRP deals out there, although far and few between, and a small number, beat teh bush and you might get lucky. I was a hour away from signing one at 5k over when mine fell into my lap. I still think we are in a small group, very small %, but it is out there.

As for the drop ship... I live in MI about 20 miles away from the plant, but bought at a dealer about 200 miles north... just would hate to ask is all!

Do you have any idea when you will see your 2008 ? or even get a Build date ? on your car

No, just sealed the deal on Friday, confirmed car was ordered and I will get at MSRP and I sent a check deposit today for 5k. Other than that I sit and wait I guess. I am hoping once he gets my check and sometime this week, he will come back with more info. How about you?

I guess I am confused... why buy on ebay then the deals seem no better than on the street if you really want one? At least you can talk one on one and make YOUR deal rather than do it online. I guess I could not part with that much money online!

• 2 weeks later...

Well after spening most of last year attempting to get a 2007, I am back at it! I am however still shocked that the dealers think they can gouge buyers at 10-20K over MSRP. I am not sure about other states, but in MI, there are several 2007's still on lots for sale, and the dealers still want 10K over. With that logic you would think that getting a 2008 at MSRP would or could happen. I contacted several dealers, and to be honest the good guys already sold many 2008's at MSRP to guys on last years lists, however most still want to call the shots at 15K or more over. I feel the "gotta have" crowd is gone at that price, yet can not get the dealers to bend locally. Here is the kicker.... I want a Black on Black vert with all be the Sat radio! Problem is, dealers are not allowing people to order, thus ordering themselves, and loading them all up! ARG!!! Bottom line if anyone knows a dealer willing to work with you, at MSRP or close, and allow you to order... please email me at dans6t9@hotmail.com I know many guys are saying "what a fool" but I can almost bet that by year end, these will be on lots at MSRP.

[/q

IN TORONTO, SOME DEALERS ARE LISTING AT $75,OOO. THATS ABOUT 15-20K OVER LIST. WITH THE DOLLAR AT PAR ALMOST, WE ARE GETTING SEVERLY SCREWED BY FORD. MSRP UP HERE IS AROUND $57,000. IT REALLY SHOULD BE AROUND THE $45000 MARK!!! I HAVE BEEN ON A WAITING LIST SINCE MARCH 07. I HAVE A $5000 DEPOSIT DOWN. THEY FINALLY CALLED ME ON FRIDAY BUT STILL WANT A $10,000 PREMIUM. I FIND MYSELF HOLDING OFF TO FIND A BETTER DEAL. NOT SURE IF I CAN. CHEERS

Not sure if most of you are aware or not, most dealers will charge to receive a drop shipment car. I was going to do this and the dealer I had planned on sending the car to said they charge $600 to dealer prep the car and handle the delivery......

$600 is a joke! Most will do it for $200. Some may charge $300 or even $400.

Have you checked with other local dealers?

no there was no hassle on Drop shiping he just change it in the order and i got it on the order and i got his last car he's getting he in La. but Keep LOOKing i could have got a few other at MSRP after i order this one so there out there Email all the dealer in us i did about 500 before i found the first one to sell me at MSRP

So why not post the dealers you say you could have gotten a few others at MSRP so someone else here can get one?

What dealers were they? City & State?

So why not post the dealers you say you could have gotten a few others at MSRP so someone else here can get one?

What dealers were they? City & State?

I agree. I too have been looking but I haven't found an MSRP deal. Please post or offer to PM people.

Archived