TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Road Course After Ss Upgrade

Got my '13 SS out on the track for the first time this weekend. The track was at Raceway Park of the Midlands, just south of Omaha, NE. There was a 75% chance of rain throughout the day, so I decided to make the drive up from Kansas City, and drive the course on Michelin Pilot AS3, all season tires. I absolutely love these tires for all the open road driving I do (37K miles so far). I have had them on the track before and they do the job, but are not the ideal choice of course. I figured I would be ok, since I knew I was going to take it easy and just learn this course and learn the car, not trying to break any records. I have put about 6K miles on the car after the upgrade, and the power this thing puts out still amazes me today. As you can see from the video I made, you absolutely have to respect the power the car produces when you are enjoying it. Now that the weather is warm and dry, I have put the MPSS back on.

https://youtu.be/d9b9NPNkkLs

Excellent my friend, sorry I've been under the radar. Keep "Them" coming. Will email you. Still believe the Germany idea is a good. I can not do it with out you Bro.

Hey F2, how do you like the 3.73s on the road course in comparison to the 3.31s? Are yor 3.73s still quiet or have they started to whine?

Cool video. Thanks for sharing. That power looks intoxicating!

As you can see from the little spin out I did, I am still getting use to the incredible speed at which the power gets put to the rear end. I like the 3.73s so far, you can really launch out of a turn. As far as whine, to be honest, I can barely hear anything over the exhaust and/or supercharger. I will probably get someone with some experience with gear whine to ride with me to see if they can pick it out of all the other noise.

As you can see from the little spin out I did, I am still getting use to the incredible speed at which the power gets put to the rear end. I like the 3.73s so far, you can really launch out of a turn. As far as whine, to be honest, I can barely hear anything over the exhaust and/or supercharger. I will probably get someone with some experience with gear whine to ride with me to see if they can pick it out of all the other noise.

I actually really appreciated you not editing out your spin out. Made me feel better knowing someone else isn't a pro!

Everything I've read has pointed to the whine starting after putting on drag radials and hard launching at the strip. Some have whine after a poor setup but I trust SAI to do a good job with that. I'm just curious if hard street launches sans DRs would induce the whine.

Car sounds great when you can hear it over the music. I like this song better than the one on your last video, lol.

Like the video! Like the sound AND the music...

Next time have also someone shoot you when you pass by :-)

You kept the OEM track pack rims I see.

What Michelin sizes do you have?

Actually, the wheels on the car are a cheaper, AM wheel I bought to put the Michelin Pilot AS3 all season tires on (275x40x19 on all 4 corners). I have kept these on for the high mileage trips and if there was a chance I might hit some weather. I just put the SS wheels back on it yesterday in prep for ShelbyFest this weekend in Jefferson City.

Edited by f2redpot

I actually really appreciated you not editing out your spin out. Made me feel better knowing someone else isn't a pro!

Everything I've read has pointed to the whine starting after putting on drag radials and hard launching at the strip. Some have whine after a poor setup but I trust SAI to do a good job with that. I'm just curious if hard street launches sans DRs would induce the whine.

Car sounds great when you can hear it over the music. I like this song better than the one on your last video, lol.

I did my best to stick to the break in procedures that SAI told me to do for the new gears. I don't do a lot of hard launches from a static position, mostly just launching out of the turns while already moving forward.

I use an external microphone with my GoPro to capture the engine and exhaust noise so y'all don't have to hear annoying wind noise when I hit 135mph on the straight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tracked mine for the first time after SS to, WOW ... Only problem was the trans would not shift into 5th gear , 150, 6500 on the straight and coast because locked out of 5th gear ,,, not happy

I have had trouble going 4-5 shift also. Once I noticed it did not slide right in, I relaxed to neutral position, then pushed it right into gear. Of course that cost me a couple seconds.