TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby will not take GAS---Help

GT500SC07

This site is great, who needs a dealer. Thanks for all the great tips, I tried Sunoco today in stead of BP, maybe a pressure problem, not sure, but was able to fill the tank at Sunoco.

Thanks again everyone, have a great week.

Tried to put gas in her today and the pump would shut off seconds after starting. Has anyone experienced this yet? I do believe I saw a thread on this many moons ago. If you did experience it what was the fix ? There must be an inline value that is stuck closed or broken.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

It happens to me all the time, especially at Chevron...the solution: Turn the pump nozzle upside down after inserting it into the gas tank and squeeze the lever.

Dave, there may be a couple of different/concurrent problems: the rate of fill (which can be a problem on any car when the nozzle senses backpressure and trips) and what Coldy mentioned (the valve that's part of the emissions system on the top of the tank that purges vapor displaced by the incoming gas). From what I'd red some time ago on other sites, those that replaced that valve on top of the tank (it's plumbed into the rats nest of hoses under the trunk) eliminated the problem. Possibly running the tank down as Coldy mentioned either frees the level sensor (as Coldy mentioned) or possibly it it purges that tank-top valve -- dunno, but I read a few accounts of those who replaced that valve having the problem go away. I have no idea what the part number is or which site I read it but it looks like a hockey-puck with a tube fitting -- it was last fall I saw that.

I also read some time ago that there is a TSB under which Ford replaces the whole dual-pump module, but I recall reading that does not fix the fill problem in all cases and I don't know if that includes the purge valve (I suspect it doesn't). Iif the other tricks in this thread don't work, maybe that's the ticket -- but I'm just putting two and two together on this ...so I certainly could be wrong.

Dan

THANK YOU !!!!!! When I get home I'll start on this asap..............

well....I have 3 2005+ Mustangs, all at some point have issues with fueling. This is not a new problem, all the dealers know about it.

Ditto - back with my '05 GT coupe - they wanted to replace the entire fuel tank...I said no thanks I'd live with the filling issue (just turning the nozzel will help and not filling at full speed) rather face a minor inconvenience than having a the dealership folks tearing out my fuel tank. This was also an occaisional concern with my '07 GT/CS and I have had it happen once with my '07 GT500. IIRC, there is a TSB out for this condition.

Archived