TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sixth Annual “Snakes At The Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 27, 2015

SVT NAJA

TeamShelby_TahoeVista6.27.15_zpsihpomtwq

With summer just 2 short months away, it’s time to post-up notice of “Snakes at the Lake” – 2015, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 27th. As in years past, our current plan has us departing Old Town Sacramento and cruising up Highway 50 through the Sierras as we make our way to the lake. We’ll stop briefly for fuel and a rest break at the Chevron station in Meyers and stage at the golf course parking lot across the way where members from Nevada will meet us. Then we’ll head up scenic Highway 89 on the west side of the lake past Emerald Bay, the Rubicon and Sunnyside areas towards Tahoe Vista on the north shore, where we’re making arrangements again for a relaxing day enjoying a BBQ and Car Show.

For a glimpse of a previous SATL, check out Jason’s great pictures here: http://photos.nowpla...-Lake/i-nsF3dbr.

RSVP’s and pre-payment are required for this event so we can anticipate parking layout and determine how many meals will be needed. Please use the gofundme link below to facilitate this transaction. When your payment is confirmed, this will be noted on the roster below. After accounting for expenses, any funds left over will be donated to the Carroll Shelby Foundation http://www.cscf.org/ so donations are welcomed ;-)

Cost for attending the event is:

$40 per driver/vehicle, which includes facility rental, state park entrance fee, BBQ lunch and cold refreshments.

$10 for each additional guest to cover BBQ lunch and cold refreshments.

Payment Link: http://www.gofundme.com/s3ujd74 - Reservations are requested by no later than Sunday June 21st. Thanks!

So mark your calendars and post-up if you’re interested in joining us for a great day on the road and at the lake with other “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts. Please note the year and model of your vehicle when replying so trophy categories can be determined in advance based upon expected attendance.

Note: For ease of editing, I’ll maintain the list of Snakes attendees in Post #2 immediately below.

Here’s the address where we’ll be meeting in Old Town Sac. Front and 101 K Streets, Sacramento, CA 95814
 Let’s plan on arriving around 8:00am and we’ll head out about 8:30am. Note: We’ll be at Steamers on the corner to process your registrations (and get a morning caffeine fix ;-)

Here is a Google satellite street view image of this OTS location: https://maps.google....90&z=20&vpsrc=6

Here is a Google map of the route we’ll be taking to Tahoe Vista (for an interesting view, click the 3D button mid-page on the left): https://maps.google....=us&mra=ls&z=10

Here is a link that may be helpful if you are looking to book a room in Tahoe Saturday night: http://www.teamshelb...accommodations/ Note: Please keep in mind pricing shown is now several years old.

Also, some members are planning to stay at the Ritz-Carlton at Northstar http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/LakeTahoe/Default.htm

Here's Austin's great SATL video from 2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcsxDoF6SI8&feature=youtu.be

Edited by SVT NAJA

IMG_3156_zps537e16bf.jpg

List of paid attendees to “Snakes at the Lake” - 2015:

1. SVT NAJA - Concord
  2. shelbyguy470 - Tahoe City (our local host)
  3. itowem +1 - Oakley / Paid
  4. 5 DOT 0 +1 - Folsom / Paid
  5. Rob & Cindi Paszek - Sparks, NV / Paid + $50 Donation
  6. K Beast Shelby gt +1 - Long Beach / Paid
  7. elkhorn6990 +1 - Castroville / Paid
  8. 08GT5004ME - Sacramento / Paid
  9. H0050 +1 - Marina / Paid
  10. DG Shelby +1 - Ventura County / Paid
  11. john shields +1 - Reno, NV / Paid
  12. 07SGT4843 - San Martin / Paid + $20 Donation
  13. Raul & Betty - Reno, NV / Paid
  14. Ed R. - Minden, NV / Paid
  15. Jeff Hayes +1 - South Lake Tahoe / Paid
  16. HRG +1 - Menlo Park / Paid
  17. John & Rose Anne - Citrus Heights / Paid
  18. Bookwyrm +2 - East Bay / Paid
  19. Ron & Laurie - Sparks, NV / Paid
  20. Little Shelby +1 - Santa Rosa / Paid
  21. MONA'S BOSS +1 - Santa Rosa / Paid
  22. cobrakidz +1 - Folsom / Paid
  23. Robert & Debbie - Antelope / Paid
  24. Nitro +1 - Auburn / Paid
  25. Sid & Ducky - Reno, NV / Paid
  26. Bob & Eva - Daly City / Paid
  27. Boris Bogdanich +1 - Sacramento / Paid
  28. Rick Stevenson +1 - Carson City, NV / Paid
  29. John O'Toole +1 - San Jose / Paid
  30. Geoff Bott +1 - South Lake Tahoe / Paid
  31. Pauly - Incline Village, NV / Paid
  32. Jim & Shirley - Oakdale / Paid
  33. Scott & Pam - Carson City, NV / Paid
  34. SVTCguy +2 - East Bay / Paid
  35. John B. / Paid + Donation
  36. Son / Paid
  37. Paul G. +1 / Paid
  38. NapaZin1 - St. Helena / Paid
  39. Lars +1 - Pacifica / Paid
  40. ShelbyTom +1 - South Bay / Paid
  41. GHIGAndrew +1 - South Bay / Paid
  42. SoWeTt03 +1 - Sacramento / Paid
  43. Rafael V. +1 / Paid
  44. Frank S. +1 / Paid
  45. 13VENUM +1 - Pleasanton / Paid
  46. Robert P. +3 / Paid
  47. Larry Roten +1 - Carson City, NV / Paid
  48. Scott & Kathy - Roseville / Paid
  49. Surfergeek + 1 - Gilroy / Paid + $20 Donation
  50. lac2010 +2 - Richmond / Paid
  51. Bsandoval +1 / Paid
  52. 662VNUM +1 - Manteca / Paid
  53. Dominick C. - / Paid
  54. timber2417 - Lincoln / Paid
  55. caliboy08 +2 - Sacramento / Paid
  56. Red Rocket +2 - East Bay / Paid
  57. Ghoust +1 - East Bay / Paid
  58. ArkFord - Reno / Paid
  59. DFort +2 - / Paid
  60. badwolf +3 - South Bay / Paid
  61. bossy13 +1 - South Bay / Paid
  62. Eleanor 12 +1 - Antioch / Paid
  63. John & Melanie - Fallon, NV / Paid
  64. Slabo +1 - Ellensburg, WA / Paid
  65. YCoyote +1 - Sunnyvale / Paid + $20 Donation
  66. 07GTCA +1 - / Paid
  67. John L. +1 - Folsom / Paid
  68. 0201212 +3 - NorCal / Paid
  69. DarkestCon - / Paid
  70. GSHELBYT +1 - S.F. North Bay / Paid + $10 Donation
  71. Vincent J. - / Paid
  72. idrathergolf - East Bay / Paid
  73. Willie P. - East Bay / Paid
Edited by SVT NAJA

Jim, we will be staying Friday night at the Hyatt Regency, 1209 L Street Sac, and at Harvey's south shore for Saturday night. We plan to circle the lake and may gamble a little. I think a couple other TS members will be doing the same. That said, thanks for the option & invite to North Star. Need any help Saturday morning, be glad to assist.

Edited by H0050

Count us in for the blue beast +1 guest -- my mother will be joining us this year to see what all the fuss is about :)

The red rocket will likely be joining as well -- need to figure out how many people first before they pay though.

Count us in for the blue beast +1 guest -- my mother will be joining us this year to see what all the fuss is about :)

The red rocket will likely be joining as well -- need to figure out how many people first before they pay though.

L&A,

I updated the roster with the 3 of you. Let me know if the Red Rocket jumps in. See you at the 2A CSMC @ BAM in a couple of weeks!

Jim

Hi Jim,

Renee and I are in. Is there going to be a conga line to Old Sac? If so are you stopping at the Shell again?

Thank you again, for putting this on. It is always great fun.

Mike,

Great to have you and Renee with us again this year. Yes, the conga line will stop in Cordelia for a fuel stop at Chevron. Details to follow in June.

Jim

I'm already signed up. One of my favorite events of the year.

Rick,

We already have several 302's signed up, so we should line them up to show who's Boss! :)

Will the trunk monkey be riding shotgun again this year? Are you and Bruce going to join us in OTS or catch the conga in Folsom? :shift:

Jim

Edited by SVT NAJA

Great event. My wife loves it. The people , and the area . We love our Shelby Family .

Kenji,

It's always a pleasure to have you 2 with us for TS-PCR events! See you in Danville in a couple of weeks for the 2A CSMC @ BAM in Danville.

Jim

IMG_1269_zpsb78a905d.jpg

Wouldn't miss it. Taking a car with a top this year, coming home on 80 beat us up last year. haha

Hmmm...

Let me see...

What is Bruce bringing this year ???

Could it be a GHIG Boss 302 ???

I wonder what that would look like with a matching t-shirt ??? :)

Jim, we will be staying Friday night at the Hyatt Regency, 1209 L Street Sac, and at Harvey's south shore for Saturday night. We plan to circle the lake and may gamble a little. I think a couple other TS members will be doing the same. That said, thanks for the option & invite to North Star. Need any help Saturday morning, be glad to assist.

Harald,

I definitely can use your help distributing registration packets in OTS. Thanks!

See you and Glenda at the Blackhawk on the 9th.

Jim

Rick,

We already have several 302's signed up, so we should line them up to show who's Boss! :)

Will the trunk monkey be riding shotgun again this year? Are you and Bruce going to join us in OTS or catch the conga in Folsom? :shift:

Jim

The trunk monkey will be my co-pilot and camera man but I don't think he fits in the trunk anymore. I'll see Bruce on Sunday and discuss but I'm leaning towards catching the conga line in Folsom as in past years.

Edited by 5 DOT 0

L&A,

I updated the roster with the 3 of you. Let me know if the Red Rocket jumps in. See you at the 2A CSMC @ BAM in a couple of weeks!

Jim

Hey Jim,

The Red Rocket flies again! :tim_hahn:

Still determining if they'll be +1 or +2 and will send the donation as soon as they figure it out.

See you on Saturday at the BAM! :happy feet:

Jim

My wife and I will be joining the Nevada group and are looking forward to this. We will be in our 2013 Mustang GT.

Scott and Pam Blair

Scott,

Welcome to Team Shelby! We're looking forward to having you and Pam with us this year for SATL-2015.

Stay tuned here for details as we get closer to the event. See you 2 in Meyers on June 27th.

Best,

Jim

Hey Jim,

The Red Rocket flies again! :tim_hahn:

Still determining if they'll be +1 or +2 and will send the donation as soon as they figure it out.

See you on Saturday at the BAM! :happy feet:

A&L,

The Red Rocket was at the 1st SATL and is a veteran of the Sierras! See you at the 2A CSMC.

Jim

Sounds like a good time to me and my family has an event Saturday night in North Shore so sounds like a great way to spend the weekend!

Jim,

Welcome aboard SATL-2015! Stay tuned for details here, but our North Bay members usually meet the East Bay group in Cordelia before heading east to Old Towm Sac. See you on June 27th.

Best,

Jim