TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White Super Snake In The Middle Of Massive I-80 Pileup

JeffJ

Wow, that is terrible. Its hard to imagine too, like someone else already said, that someone would use an open transporter to transport a Super Snake in that weather anyway?

Alex

Seeing the damage to many of the trailers (one collapsed in half) a closed trailer wouldn't have made a difference...

Wow that's a miracle no one was killed and one lucky owner of the SS that's as close as you can get without damage...glad to hear all is well...I agree with others on here what the heck

was this person thinking not to transport such a nice car in an in closed car carrier.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing how one car like this can survive.....

A stretch of Interstate 80 between Cheyenne and Laramie, Wyoming, remained closed Friday morning, more than 15 hours after major wrecks involving dozens of semi trucks forced police to close it down.

WHP_FridaySemiI80_825.jpg?v=at&w=980&h=5
WHP_FridaySemiI80_825.jpg?v=at&w=980&h=5
Enlarge

Semi trucks are stacked against one another along I-80 in Wyoming. (Wyoming Highway Patrol)

Blinding, blowing snow hit southern Wyoming Thursday, creating impossible driving conditions that police say likely led to a series of three wrecks along the interstate. More than 30 commercial vehicles and 12 passenger cars were involved.

No one was killed, but about a dozen people were hospitalized.

Mercy sakes alive, looks like we've got us a convoy.... :yup:

• 3 weeks later...

The Big question IS........has the Car been delivered undamaged yet? I have seen where a Car received ZERO damage in something like this but by the time the Tow Trucks were done clearing everything, the Car got damaged.

This was actually my car being shipped. It made it in one piece but the tow truck did damage the exhaust, side rocker shirt and the front chin panel. Could have been worse. Needs the personalized tag Lucky!

Nailed it..............sorry.

This was actually my car being shipped. It made it in one piece but the tow truck did damage the exhaust, side rocker shirt and the front chin panel. Could have been worse. Needs the personalized tag Lucky!

Your car now has an amazing story behind it.

Your in the Mountain region so I bet the SS was close to being home

Wow. Lucky is the word and the would make a great license plate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Here is one today before window tint

Beautiful! I love the white with black stripe combo, I'm so happy that your gorgeous SS made it to you without any major damage, a miracle indeed. How long did it take SA to build your SS? I hope your enjoying "lucky"

• 2 months later...

This section of I-80 is very dangerous drive it a few times each winter going snowmobiling in Wyoming, it is no uncommon for this section to be closed quite often. Black ice and high winds in this section are insane, we about lost my excursion pulling a trailer last year butt puckering area to drive.

Rich, glad to hear your SS escaped the accident! Your SS is my dream SS. Very nice! Enjoy it and drive it like you were fleeing a catostrophic events shown in movies! LOL