TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White Super Snake In The Middle Of Massive I-80 Pileup

JeffJ

It looks like somebody's White Super Snake being delivered may have actually survived right in the middle of this horrible pileup accident on I-80 in Wyoming yesterday. On FB, this trucker Jerry Williams has a full 6 minute walk around video of this accident. These are some of the photo's he took from his video. This SS is right in the middle of the entire pileup. Amazing. Other cars on this transporter are destroyed. He said the drivers rear quarter of this car was not actually touching anything.

Wyoming%20Crash%201_zpsast1ab3s.jpg

Wyoming%20Crash%202_zpshdg5ab4x.jpg

Wyoming%20Crash%203_zpslgjdytto.jpg

Edited by JeffJ

I was watching the video that one of my friends posted and caught he SS in the middle. I went to this guys FB page and he actually had these pics pulled out on a separate post. Most unbelievable thing out of this entire accident, other than I don't know how it's possible that there were not any fatalities. Many of the cabs of these trucks are completely crushed. I can only guess that some of the drivers got out before their trucks were the hit seconds later.

I was watching the video that one of my friends posted and caught he SS in the middle. I went to this guys FB page and he actually had these pics pulled out on a separate post. Most unbelievable thing out of this entire accident, other than I don't know how it's possible that there were not any fatalities. Many of the cabs of these trucks are completely crushed. I can only guess that some of the drivers got out before their trucks were the hit seconds later.

Amazing how one car like this can survive.....

A stretch of Interstate 80 between Cheyenne and Laramie, Wyoming, remained closed Friday morning, more than 15 hours after major wrecks involving dozens of semi trucks forced police to close it down.

WHP_FridaySemiI80_825.jpg?v=at&w=980&h=5
WHP_FridaySemiI80_825.jpg?v=at&w=980&h=5
Enlarge

Semi trucks are stacked against one another along I-80 in Wyoming. (Wyoming Highway Patrol)

Blinding, blowing snow hit southern Wyoming Thursday, creating impossible driving conditions that police say likely led to a series of three wrecks along the interstate. More than 30 commercial vehicles and 12 passenger cars were involved.

No one was killed, but about a dozen people were hospitalized.

Edited by Doug_GT350

That is the same accident. This truck with the SS on it is right in the middle of that picture. If you see the trailer with the big red and blue logo on the side, look just to the left and you can kind of make out the Dodge dually on the top deck which was right over the top of the SS. It launched forward and pushed a Chevy truck in front of it into a car that went all the way into the tractor of the same carrier. The SS is right in the middle of that picture. (notice the chain lying on the back window of the SS, the Dodge dually was right over it)

Edited by JeffJ

The Big question IS........has the Car been delivered undamaged yet? I have seen where a Car received ZERO damage in something like this but by the time the Tow Trucks were done clearing everything, the Car got damaged.

Guest markham51

Just watched ABC Nightly News where they covered the accident (lead story). They showed the white Super Snake...and tons of tractor trailers all mangled. See Spring Stunner...Disaster on Icy Highway if you can.

Edited by markham51

Wow, that's crazy.

I used to live along there in Kimball, NE. Back in the early 80s my buddies and me used to drive between Kimball and Sidney in our hotrods drafting behind the big rigs.

I-80 is always windy and dangerous to drive, especially during the winter.

AK.

I would wager that car never makes it to it's owner. It will likely just be scooped up with the rest of the carnage. I hope I am wrong but likely nobody on the scene with any authority to try and save it. It's just wreckage to be removed from the roadway. Makes me think back to the train wreck a few years ago with all the new BOSS 302's some of which were unharmed but they all got totaled out if my memory serves me.

The Big question IS........has the Car been delivered undamaged yet?

Ummmm, I don't think so.......it would be safe to assume absolutely not. The highway is still closed until later today as it still has not all been cleaned up. They were cutting the driver out of this truck as this guy was taking the pictures.

Wyoming%20Crash%205_zpswkdvuyir.jpg

Edited by JeffJ

Ummmm, I don't think so.......it would be safe to assume absolutely not. The highway is still closed until later today as it still has not all been cleaned up. They were cutting the driver out of this truck as this guy was taking the pictures.

Wyoming%20Crash%205_zpswkdvuyir.jpg

That red Trailer looks like the same Trailer that the Shelby is on................ if so, it looks like the Shelby was the only car tied down super tight.

That red Trailer looks like the same Trailer that the Shelby is on................ if so, it looks like the Shelby was the only car tied down super tight.

It is the same truck. The same trucker who took the pictures has a full 6 minute video posted all over, which does a full walk around the entire accident, showing this truck, the Shelby and the guys working on extricating the driver out of the truck. It was only on FB, but now has a few copies on different sites and youtube. Here's a link to a copy of the video. Shelby at 1:20 and 4:57

Edited by JeffJ