TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Base Terlingua?

vistacs6

Does anybody have the base terlingua package with the stock v6 front fascia? if so please post pics. I don't think I've ever seen one other than the prototype. Were any others made?

Hello,

The answer is yes, there were several base models completed. I will leave it to their owners to post a pic up.

David

I own what I believe to be the second base package built, (1st one at Tasca), and during my long build process, the package was changed to include the same CS6 front end as on the Performance package. I think a white one built before mine at Quantum, is the only one to get the V6 Pony Package front end. The orange prototype also originally had it, but think it was later upgraded with the CS6 front.

Maybe that's why I've never seen a Terlingua other than the prototype with a pony package grille. Also Blip, I'm not sure if it's just the picture but what size wheels are on your car?

Edited by vistacs6

I own what I believe to be the second base package built, (1st one at Tasca), and during my long build process, the package was changed to include the same CS6 front end as on the Performance package. I think a white one built before mine at Quantum, is the only one to get the V6 Pony Package front end. The orange prototype also originally had it, but think it was later upgraded with the CS6 front.

Blip,

To the best of my current knowledge you are correct. The first Quantum build base does have the pony package grill and is the only one I know of built this way.

Thanks for posting.

David

Maybe that's why I've never seen a Terlingua other than the prototype with a pony package grille. Also Blip, I'm not sure if it's just the picture but what size wheels are on your car?

Those are 20" Razors which came with Snake centers instead of Bunnies for some unknown reason. Just another thing that makes almost each Bunny unique.

Mine is sort of a base plus package, with GT front brakes and the GT rear end swap with 3.73 gearing. Toss in the rear louvers, a non-option option, just makes it that much more of an oddball base Terlingua.

And like David posted, there just may be only one "original" base package Terlingua.

Edited by Blip

Thanks, I did order a spare set of Bunny centers, but currently just leaving it as originally delivered.

Adds to its unique, but oh some typical, Terlingua history. Each Bunny has a story.

Thanks, I did order a spare set of Bunny centers, but currently just leaving it as originally delivered.

Adds to its unique, but oh some typical, Terlingua history. Each Bunny has a story.

+1 to that!

David