TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rare Shelby Gt500Kr Barn Find

This car is a near twin to my '68 KR. It was sold by the same dealer in Monroe, Louisiana and is only 27 serial numbers from mine. It was originally black, but had an automatic originally. The interior shows much has been altered and is missing. Pretty rough, it would take $80-$100K to get it back in shape, so not worth more than $40K as it sits, IMO.

This car is a near twin to my '68 KR. It was sold by the same dealer in Monroe, Louisiana and is only 27 serial numbers from mine. It was originally black, but had an automatic originally. The interior shows much has been altered and is missing. Pretty rough, it would take $80-$100K to get it back in shape, so not worth more than $40K as it sits, IMO.

I was figuring 100k minimum to do it right. 150k in to it in the end. I'd be Okay with that being a KR, matching #s. Edited by cmcmotorworks

That's exactly what makes it more intriguing. A story behind it !

Ha! I have dozens of neighbors where I live with similar things in their yards with trees growing up through them. I have seen a '65 Riviera, a '69 Mustang convertible, a Pacer, a Gremlin, a 240Z, etc. When I have asked for "the story", I always hear that they thought the car would be valuable someday so they parked it and would restore it later………. :headspin:

Ha! I have dozens of neighbors where I live with similar things in their yards with trees growing up through them. I have seen a '65 Riviera, a '69 Mustang convertible, a Pacer, a Gremlin, a 240Z, etc. When I have asked for "the story", I always hear that they thought the car would be valuable someday so they parked it and would restore it later………. :headspin:

You're exactly right. And that's too bad. In an enclosure is one thing out in the elelments is another. I've run across a number of cars where they were parked because it had memory attachments to a deceased loved, or something similar. One of my current cars was parked and left shortly after new because the owner worked hard to buy it, it meant a lot to him, then he lost his license permanently due to health reasons. Thirty years later he was ready to part with it. 800 miles on the odometer. Buying a barn find, so to speak ( that term gets misapplied to often) provides a restoration opportunity allowing the new owner to enjoy the journey along with the destination, instead of just destination itself as with a finished car. Of course there is a higher price tag attached to it.