TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Hood Pins Screws Alluminum ?

Hey guys,

The good weather is finally here in MD and I am getting around to installing to new version of Hood Pins. The ones that say "Shelby". Well question, the screws that come with the new Hood Pins are they Alluminum ? I am hoping they are since the problem with the first versions were the screws. The directions or anything doesn't say they are which makes me believe they are stainless :/

Thanks

Francis

Ok I'll buy some replacements. I did try to get info from SA but the guy on the phone didn't happen to know the answer which was fine. I didn't expect them to know every detail. What size are screws so that I can order some?

Thank you for time,

Francis

I found 8 screws at a local hardware store down the street. I went with flathead instead of Phillips. I think it will look a lot better especially if I can get the flathead lines to line up in the same direction. Dare to be different :)

Francis

I remember reading about a drag racer years ago that only used slotted screws on his racecar and always lined the slots up with the direction of travel! Just a little bit of trivia.

Actually, stainless steel is slightly magnetic. No where near magnetic as regular steel though.

No.

3-series ss ie 316, 317, 320 etc is not magnetic

4-series ss ie 410 etc is. Basically 410ss is 13-chrome

Just saying

• 2 weeks later...

After all these years, with the SGT's that have had issues with galvanic corrosion around the hood pin screws, the class action lawsuit Ford is dealing with for galvanic corrosion on the hoods in general, if I was the parts buyer for SA I'd question why are these still shipping without aluminum screws.

Edited by JeffIsHereToo