TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future Shelby Gt Value...

DaveWms

You can disagree all you want, I stated facts for back then, not now. It did not take 40 years for the early Shelbys to substantially appreciate in value. Additionally, I do not believe for a second that it will be 40 years before my GT/SC is worth substantially more than what it was new.

Shelby GTs are certainly affordable at this point. Not fast by todays standards but arguably the best looking of all Shelby badged Mustang. The blue one in your signature is my absolute favorite. A Shelby GT around 20 grand today with reasonable or low miles has a minimal downside risk over the next 10 years or so. Get a FI Coyote in there some way and look out. You would have it all at that point. Enjoy

• 4 weeks later...

My two cents: If you buy a SGT now for an investment, it will pay off for your kids/grandkids, not you! Let's use the original 60's GT350 as an example - it's taken it 40+ years to appreciate to the values we're seeing today, and there were fewer of them made!

Don't get me wrong, you will see "one of one" or similar types going for the higher dollar, but as a general rule of thumb, I really doubt we'll see any decent return on our money in the near future!

Buy it and drive it is my rule - can't enjoy it when you're dead!

Sam

Sure early GT350s have hit an all time high in the last 12 months but come late 70s these were going for what was then big money.

• 2 weeks later...

I just paid $33 even, for #5671 (ebony) 5spd and with 171 (one hundred seventy one) miles on it.

Gonna drain and refill all fluids, and drive her!

Can't wait for it to get here.... This Friday is the day.[/quote

Like to see some pics when you get it!

Edited by SGT1171

It was nice to see the 2007 SGT go for $40k at Barrett Jackson on Sunday. Looked like a clean car with all the original documents.

If it is the black one I saw that car had a LOT of SAI upgrades including a supercharger, Razor rims and other goodies. That was not a base model SGT. Lower mileage as well.

Tom

Just bought 07SGT3617. Black, 741 miles. One owner car. $28,800.00

Are you going to drive it or try to keep it low miles? I would have a hard time buying one like that unless I just wanted it for a collection and try to keep the miles low. If one already had over 10K miles, then I would have no problem driving it a bunch. Congrats on the purchase.

Are you going to drive it or try to keep it low miles? I would have a hard time buying one like that unless I just wanted it for a collection and try to keep the miles low. If one already had over 10K miles, then I would have no problem driving it a bunch. Congrats on the purchase.

I plan to drive a little more than I do my others. But still probably not a whole lot. Something to drive once in a while in the colder weather. I currently have 6 S197 mustangs, so it's hard to find the time to drive them all very much.