TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future Shelby Gt Value...

DaveWms

If it is the black one I saw that car had a LOT of SAI upgrades including a supercharger, Razor rims and other goodies. That was not a base model SGT. Lower mileage as well.

Tom

It was lot 1577. 10,600 miles. Did have a supercharger, I think it was a standard interior with a rear seat delete(?). Wheels looked standard. Clean car.

On second take, maybe it wasn't supercharged.

Edited by SGT1171

Chris,I just saw 2 White SGT on cars.com ,both are automatic.One has 6700 miles private owner,asking$29.900 The other a dealer with 30705 miles for$28.900. I don't know how to do thumbnails or toenails.Larry

I'm interested and have inquired in the one with 6700 miles, but only willing to pay 24 or 25k for it with that mileage. I may yet make a deal on it. Edited by cmcmotorworks

Got lucky on transport. It was picked up today. Should have it Saturday or Sunday.

Chris, I know you have a bunch of S197's, but I'm gonna be curious to hear your thoughts on how this car drives.

I cannot believe the way this car drives and handles!! Very very well thought out and executed!

:rockon:

Chris, I know you have a bunch of S197's, but I'm gonna be curious to hear your thoughts on how this car drives.

I cannot believe the way this car drives and handles!! Very very well thought out and executed!

I'll let you know. It is being delivered tommorow afternoon. So far I haven't met an S197 that I don't love. From my 2007 PJ, my 2011 SooperKobra, my 2012 GT350, my 2014 George Follmer, and even my wife's 2010 GT. Each one has it's own unique sound, feel, handling, acceleration, view over the hood (which is important in my book), that makes all of them a hoot to drive !

I'll let you know. It is being delivered tommorow afternoon. So far I haven't met an S197 that I don't love. From my 2007 PJ, my 2011 SooperKobra, my 2012 GT350, my 2014 George Follmer, and even my wife's 2010 GT. Each one has it's own unique sound, feel, handling, acceleration, view over the hood (which is important in my book), that makes all of them a hoot to drive !

So funny you mention the "view over the hood"!

Told G the other day when we took #5671 for its maiden voyage, that the view over this hood is TOTALLY different than my 500....and I like it waaaaaayy better. :thumbsup:

So funny you mention the "view over the hood"!

Told G the other day when we took #5671 for its maiden voyage, that the view over this hood is TOTALLY different than my 500....and I like it waaaaaayy better. :thumbsup:

I agree. I installed a Cervini Ram Air KR style hood on my 2011 GT500. Made the view awesome ! Edited by cmcmotorworks

....and of course with all S197's....she can't see over the damn dash eyebrow in the pass seat!!!

:hysterical2:

Same with my wife, in the first of our Mustangs; the last four have had the "Comfort" or whatever group with the heated, power seats, which solved that elevation problem.

Are you going to drive it or try to keep it low miles? I would have a hard time buying one like that unless I just wanted it for a collection and try to keep the miles low. If one already had over 10K miles, then I would have no problem driving it a bunch. Congrats on the purchase.

I plan to drive a little more than I do my others. But still probably not a whole lot. Something to drive once in a while in the colder weather. I currently have 6 S197 mustangs, so it's hard to find the time to drive them all very much.

Dang it ! I can't drive this car it's too nice ! Now I have to search for a higher mileage car that I can drive !

The extra weight on the GT500 makes a big difference. Several on here have owned both a GT500 and a GT/SC, every one I remember has preferred the GT/SC. I recall one saying the GT500 was more Grand Touring and the GT/SC more Sports Car.

Both great cars that fill different purposes. I much prefer the HP Capability and forged internals of the GT500, I really wish the Shelby GT came with forged internals. That said I have almost 16K miles and Zero issues with the original clutch or engine. (Knock on wood)

The extra weight on the GT500 makes a big difference. Several on here have owned both a GT500 and a GT/SC, every one I remember has preferred the GT/SC. I recall one saying the GT500 was more Grand Touring and the GT/SC more Sports Car.

Both great cars that fill different purposes. I much prefer the HP Capability and forged internals of the GT500, I really wish the Shelby GT came with forged internals. That said I have almost 16K miles and Zero issues with the original clutch or engine. (Knock on wood)

After receiving the car yesterday, I'm hereby putting everyone on notice ! These cars a a tremendous value right now, to own a car that is "Pre Title Shelby", great collectibility, and was the catalyst (along with the GT-H) to a very important part of Ford and Shelby history. "Getting back together again" ! I may just start buying a bunch of them up ! Edited by cmcmotorworks

After receiving the car yesterday, I'm hereby putting everyone on notice ! These cars a a tremendous value right now, to own a car that is "Pre Title Shelby", great collectibility, and was the catalyst (along with the GT-H) to a very important part of Ford and Shelby history. "Getting back together again" ! I may just start buying a bunch of them up !

Hmmmm ! I think I need an Orange one, a Blue one, and a White one !

After receiving the car yesterday, I'm hereby putting everyone on notice ! These cars a a tremendous value right now, to own a car that is "Pre Title Shelby", great collectibility, and was the catalyst (along with the GT-H) to a very important part of Ford and Shelby history. "Getting back together again" ! I may just start buying a bunch of them up !

Nice! You get it! You can feel the history in these cars right?

That's how I always felt. I think the market is beginning to wake up! Still many people including dealers, etc, still do not know the pre title nature.

Not to mention they look great, drive great, and sound great!!

Edited by SGT1171

I remember when these cars were announced..... R&T, Car and Driver, Automobile, etc.... My 2007 500 was on order (at MSRP) and I couldn't afford to buy one of these as well. We were in the middle of rocking and rolling at the bike store and I was putting all my personal paychecks back into the biz.

I always thought that someday there'd be a low miler left for me...somewhere. Hell. It never occurred to me I'd find a Brand New one!!!

Frankly, I'd almost part with my 500 after just driving this thing one time. There's NO comparo! It's similar to that of my '08 Bullitt, but with suspension enhancements. And I adored my Bullitt.