TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future Shelby Gt Value...

DaveWms

Thanks tesgt350

Do you know where it is located?

There's also one in Tulsa w/55k mis. for $19,900, but I can't get the owner to reply back with details.

I'd like to see one this weekend, so I need to get as much info as I can so I can decide which way I'll be flying.

Thanks tesgt350

Do you know where it is located?

There's also one in Tulsa w/55k mis. for $19,900, but I can't get the owner to reply back with details.

I'd like to see one this weekend, so I need to get as much info as I can so I can decide which way I'll be flying.

The guy lives in the Tallahassee area. I am having trouble finding the Ad he posted. He comes to one of the Cruise Ins which is the First Saturday of the Month. I will keep trying to locate his Ad.

The guy lives in the Tallahassee area. I am having trouble finding the Ad he posted. He comes to one of the Cruise Ins which is the First Saturday of the Month. I will keep trying to locate his Ad.

Thanks

DaveWms,

Here are some cars:

This one has been for sale for a LONGGGGG time at least 6 or more months. Probably will drop the price when he finds out your a serious buyer.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/4903846578.html

Now this one is CHEAP but look at the miles. In the end though a Shelby is a Shelby. Its the same car as a 500 mile car just with a couple of scratches and dings.

http://smd.craigslist.org/cto/4942277767.html

Hope this helps

-Francis

I "stole" my 2007 GT, brand new, from my dealer for a great price in 2007. I have been offered 1/3 more than I paid for it already but I don't plan on ever parting with it. There are several reasons but the pre-title status and The Man's autograph on my sun visor are on top of that list. Besides, it is a head turner and a lot of fun to drive.

What he said... Automobiles are a depreciating asset. It's not a matter of if but how much and how fast (over time). As was alluded the depreciation rate of the general class of 2007-ish Mustangs has started to slow. But it is unlikely that it will stop or that the cars will appreciate (any time within your lifetime). So buy the car because you love it and want to drive it. But don't buy it thinking that it will contribute significantly to to your retirement plan, especially after you add in the ownership expenses of taxes and insurance and operating expenses of gas (and mileage driven depreciation). If you're looking for an investment buy real estate or stocks.

I already have enough real estate, stocks and bonds. Cars are a lot more fun !

I already have enough real estate, stocks and bonds. Cars are a lot more fun !

If you want fun, then go for it. Cars are in general not an appreciating asset. Sure, if you can lay your hands on an original 289 Cobra or a Boss9, but if you're looking to fund your retirement with a 2008 GT500 better look again. Some of them will depreciate less, but none of them are going to make you rich. Just drive it.

• 2 weeks later...

Shelby GT , GT-H, Shelby GT 500 way too many with many more coming with more performance. Dime a dozen and that's good for us guys that want to drive them. Not collect them.

Edited by mach 1 1970

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. If you consider all costs (insurance, maintenance...) most cars will not make you rich.

But if you want to drive a great car that does not loose too much value, the Shelby GT is a great choice. If you can afford it and don't have problems driving an automatic gearbox car, the GT-H is a better choice in my opinion as the production numbers were far more limited.

Independently of your preference, the current GT and GT-H prices are probably as low as they ever will be.

I just bought my Shelby GT-H this past week, and you are correct, prices are as I believe as low as they will go. I have owned many collector cars in the past. The GT-H has a multiple collector interest Hertz, Shelby, Mustang, and low production number.

I've said this before and will repeat myself, if you're buying a late model Mustang as an investment then don't bother. Buy the car to drive and have fun! If anyone thinks the current modern Shelby's are one day will hold the same value as the vintage Shelby's you are misinformed and it will never happen. Blah, blah, blah the more time goes by the vintage Shelby's value just keep going up so its impossible for the modern ones to ever catch up. If wanting to buy a Mustang as an investment then I would buy a vintage one but since I drive my cars I don't get this at all buying something and not using it.

Certain modern Shelby's will always hold their value like the 2011 GT350, Super Snakes, 40th Annv. GT500 Conv.'s, GT500KR's (these prices have dropped) and maybe the 50th Annv. cars

I wasn't planning on spending more than $20K for a SGT, but this is for sale locally and caught my eye.

I think it's too much $... What do you'll think?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/5039125210.html

The real answer is somewhere between.

07 coupes are just starting to touch the 20K number, and low miles are still well above that. It'll be a while before a 08 convertible gets that low.

On the other hand, the dealer's price is a tad high... But probably very negotiable. My bet would be you could get this down 2K or so, more for cash maybe.

It has an automatic which is a downer for some but good for city driving.

Im sorry, the title of this thread is too laughable.......if you bought an SGT for anything other than driving pleasure, you already lost.........

some people watch too much Barrett Jackson.........newsflash......Ron Pratte got out of buying Shelbys......your ship has already sailed......

drive it like you stole it........rain, snow sleet gloom of night........

"the prices have bottomed out, they should start raising soon".......:hysterical2:

Lots of great input.

For clarification, I wasn't thinking I was going to ever get rich via a SGT, but was in hopes of buying one and not having it depreciate until it was worthless, like most cars.

I want something that I can drive when I want (but not drive it into the ground), and have it somewhat hold it's value. Eventually I would pass it to my grandson.

Thanks guys.

Lots of great input.

For clarification, I wasn't thinking I was going to ever get rich via a SGT, but was in hopes of buying one and not having it depreciate until it was worthless, like most cars.

I want something that I can drive when I want (but not drive it into the ground), and have it somewhat hold it's value. Eventually I would pass it to my grandson.

Thanks guys.

I would like for you to look at it a different way. Why worry about depreciation if all you are going to be doing is driving it around and then passing it along to a family member when their turn comes? Depreciation value in this scenario should not really be an issue. I have owned rare cars from the top American brands...in all scenarios, I have lost money. However I have thoroughly enjoyed every one of them and consider the depreciation the price of enjoyment.

Edited by Ghoust

The GT-H is probably the most overpriced and underperforming Shelby ever made. Anyone who pays a dime over the going rate for Shelby GT for one of these cars is insane. What are you paying for for? The opportunity to drive a rental car that was beat to death the first 10,000 + miles of its life, and it's an automatic. I will take a Shelby GT over a GT-H any day.

If your only interest is the low production numbers you should have bought a Shelby focus because that investment is going to really pay off. ;) I also have a 1/1 bridge to sell you.

I thought I had you on ignore. Fixed. Clever. Originally "sticker" now "Sticker.". You're being paid to be as obnoxious as possible here right?

On the other hand, maybe you can answer this. What college did you go to to get a degree in being the most disagreeable person on the planet?

I truly hope I never have to meet you. There is no privilege involved. You're just not someone I would ever want to see.

Now go somewhere else.

Someone had to say it.

Edited by twobjshelbys