TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby American "baja 700" Edition Raptor To Deliver 700+ Street Legal Horsepower

RichS

New Shelby American "Baja 700" Edition Raptor To Deliver 700+ Street Legal Horsepower

NEWS RELEASE

Contact: Jessica Wilder | TPRM | 214-520-3430 | jwilder@tprm.com

• Limited edition of only 50 Shelby Baja 700 will be built

• Over 700 horsepower, making it the most powerful production Shelby truck in history

• Complete package of competition suspension, cooling and tires maximized to handle power on and off-road

LAS VEGAS - April 10, 2015 - Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc., (CSBI.PK), today announced that it will offer a limited run of the most powerful truck in the company’s history. The new Shelby Baja 700, built on the 2011-2014 Ford SVT Raptor, features 700+ supercharged horsepower, competition suspension and the leading BFGoodrich Baja-proven K02 tires. Only 50 of these limited edition trucks will be built exclusively at the Shelby American factory in Las Vegas.

Baja700-1t.jpg Baja700-2t.jpg

“The Shelby Raptor became a star the moment we launched it at the New York Auto Show in 2012,” said Joe Conway, co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International and CEO of Shelby American. “Carroll had a love for trucks and brought his high performance, ‘Texas style’ to the drawing board when he envisioned the Shelby Raptor. This special edition Shelby Baja 700 builds on that vision, as it was created to conquer any terrain.”

Powered by a 2.9 liter Whipple supercharger mounted on the massive 6.2L V8 engine and coupled with bigger throttle bodies and injectors, plus a more robust heat exchanger, the Shelby Baja 700 screams to life via the Borla exhaust system. Shelby American also takes the stock 411 horsepower rating of the Ford SVT Raptor and kicks it up over the staggering 700 horsepower mark with the Baja 700.

“In the best Shelby tradition, we took our already high-performance 575 horsepower Shelby Raptor and made it even more capable,” said Shelby American Vice President of Operations Akos J. Feher. “Fifty lucky owners will have the baddest, best-handling and best-looking Shelby truck we offer. Not to mention, all of the interior fit-and-finish people expect from Shelby. It’s a truck that can thrive under the most extreme conditions.”

Outfitted with BFGoodrich K02 All-Terrain tires, the Shelby Baja 700 tackles any surface it faces. In addition, the special edition graphics, badging, classic Shelby striping, 18” custom wheels and optional Rogue Racing front and rear bumpers, will visually set it apart from any other truck on the road.

“The Shelby Baja 700 is striking in looks and most of all, its capabilities,” said Vince LaViolette, Shelby American Senior Designer and Test Driver. “The off-road performance suspension system allows the Shelby Baja 700 to go most anywhere and stand out as it does so. We believe that we’ve built a truck with ultimate performance and off-road capabilities.”

The limited edition Shelby Baja 700 starts at $45,000, not including the base Raptor. Only 50 will be available and each will be numbered and documented with a unique Shelby CSM number and entered into the official Shelby Registry.

Shelby American is now accepting orders for the limited edition Baja 700. Those interested in reserving a truck should contact the sales team at (702) 942-7325 or visit www.shelbyamerican.com.

About Shelby American, Inc.

Shelby American manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company builds authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. Shelby American offers the Shelby 1000, GT350, GT500 Super Snake, and GTS post-title packages for the current generation Ford Mustang, as well as the 2013 Shelby Focus ST and Shelby Raptor. For more info, visit www.shelbyamerican.com.

###

Great HP yes, but looks nah not very appealing. You can't dress up an off-road truck made to look like a street car.

I didn't send my Raptor to Shelby because the interior option was actually a step backwards and they wouldn't delete it from the package. I haven't don't anything to my Raptor yet as I been preoccupied healing from an injury but getting ready to go full boat on it. My Shelby cars are great but I don't have that desire to turn my Raptor into a Shelby Raptor as I can build it better for a lot less money. How many of these 50 going off-road, very few probably.

If SAI offered a better package for the Raptor at a lesser price, 'they' would come but not me

I agree with 39. The Shelby legacy needs to get actual vehicles back into racing to prove the breed and the Shelby Raptor is a perfect example. Hopefully some team(s) will pick it up for real Baja competition, not just for intimidating looks on the street.

I did a little reading on the options and besides the 700hp which is got to be mindboggling in a truck but equipped with the Rogue Racing suspension from what I have read this is top notch stuff and has peaked my interest. Their suspension is on the expensive side but whether a street sports car or off-road truck your suspension dictates what you can and cannot do so I guess SAI done their homework on this upgrade