TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Upgrades

dednock

It's that time of year again. Every spring I try to do some upgrades to my Shelby. I did the supercharger last year and wheels the year before. This year I'm adding a few more items. I am going to drop my car off tomorrow at JPC to do the work. They did an incredible job with the supercharger and tune last year. This year I am adding Metco LCA's, MGW shifter, Moroso dual supercharger/engine coolant reservoir and a Speed of Sound triple pillar gauge pod with Autometer Cobalt gauges.

I originally was going to go with a Barton shifter but, after seeing the MGW on YouTube, it seemed like it is a much better shifter in design and build quality. If anyone has either shifter, please comment and let me know what you think about the respective shifter that you have. Can't wait to pick the car up at the end of the week. Spring is here and definitely time to blow off the dust and burn some tire.

dednock,

I also looked at both - and went with the MGW. Easy install with a lift available (base auto hobby shop), and absolutely night and day improvement in shift feel/performance.

Good luck with all your Spring mods.

Quinn

dednock,

I also looked at both - and went with the MGW. Easy install with a lift available (base auto hobby shop), and absolutely night and day improvement in shift feel/performance.

Good luck with all your Spring mods.

Quinn

MYTQIN, that is great to hear. It sounds like I made the right decision. Did you ever experience the 1st to 2nd grind? If so, did the new shifter help with the issue?

dednock,

Never had to go through the "grind," but felt there was way too much play (slop) in the the stock shifter. The MGW is just a superior piece; short, definite shifts with no doubt about where you are in the pattern throughout the gears.

Pretty sure you'll have a big grin on your face once she's in and you're out on the road.

Take it easy,

Quinn

Just picked up my car today. Once again, JPC did an outstanding job!! The MGW shifter is fantastic. It shifts like butter. Rock solid, smooth, precise shifts. I would recommend this upgrade to anyone still running the stock shifter. It's like night and day. Can't wait until the weekend. It is supposed to be great weather. I will definitely be putting some miles on the Shelby.

My buddy has been trying to convince me to upgrade to MGW. I'm glad to hear more positive reviews

Take the leap. Once you get it and drive with it, you will ask yourself, "why did I wait so long?". With all the upgrades I have done, this is one of the best. Go on Youtube and watch the video on the shifter. It really sold me on the build quality and design.

• 2 weeks later...

Am jealous of you getting the MGW Shifter.

Am on the "like to get an MGW G2 Shifter" path. Soon as I save up the $$s. Took the wife to Punta Cana in March, now that spring has sprung, I need to change the oil on my Mustangs...

The MGW shifter is the next mod for my GT500, hopefully soon.

Not that I needed it but thanks for the reminder on getting the MGW. ;)

• 2 months later...

I just got my MGW up here in Canada a few days ago and looks like incredible quality. Just waiting to get it installed at my SVT dealer. My first mod to my 2011 and looking forward to it :)

Archived