TEAM SHELBY FORUM

6Th Annual Shelby Car Show Legacy Texas Bank

Glad to hear the SCAT club is still alive. I used to do their events back in the 90s when they drag raced at Waxahachie and then went to Cresson for a few years. When they quit the driving events and I went to Tulsa. Lots of fun back then....

Tom

A few of you have stated you were staying at the Hampton Inn. Can anybody verify whether that is Hampton Inn Legacy Park (North of event) or Hampton Inn Plano (South of event)? Dallas isn't the safest place in the world and I'd rather not park my shiny car out in front of some random hotel so if there are multiple shiny cars, that would probably be better. Thanks.

Edited by 2007red40thGT500

A few of you have stated you were staying at the Hampton Inn. Can anybody verify whether that is Hampton Inn Legacy Park (North of event) or Hampton Inn Plano (South of event)? Dallas isn't the safest place in the world and I'd rather not park my shiny car out in front of some random hotel so if there are multiple shiny cars, that would probably be better. Thanks.

Plano is not Dallas, totally separate cities, Plano is probably the safest place for you to be. The area your talking about including the area of the show is very upscale. Your baby is safe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Eight days and counting. One of the best Shelby/Mustang shows anywhere. Stop by and say hi, just look for the baddest Shelby GT/SC convertible there and we'll be sitting around swapping stories of days gone by...and days to come.

See everyone there.

jP

Eight days and counting. One of the best Shelby/Mustang shows anywhere. Stop by and say hi, just look for the baddest Shelby GT/SC convertible there and we'll be sitting around swapping stories of days gone by...and days to come.

See everyone there.

jP

John, see you there. Have missed seeing all the gang. Will be great to catch up.

Thank guys. My three ladies finally joined me a month ago, and we should close on a new home here in couple weeks. I'm happy to not be putting in 12-14hr days 6days a week. I've missed too much of the girls the past two years.

It would greatly appreciate it if someone could snag me a TShirt (XXL) and poster of the event. Just let me know where to send the cash.

Edited by EL SHELBY

The Legacy Texas Bank and Shelby Cobra Association of Texas 6th Annual Car Show was another class act. If you didn't make it you missed one of the best Shelby Shows ever. This is my favorite car show event each year. SCAT had their 25th Anniversary Banquet with good food, door prizes, and great speakers. Well worth the ticket prices. You could not have asked for a better hotel than the Westin in Frisco, TX as it was really a great venue and the room prices and service were also great.

My thanks to Aaron Shelby, Ginger & Legacy Bank staff and SCAT for sponsoring this event. The turn out was great even with a major rain storm the night before. We still had a great day of food, music, visiting and swapping stories with friends, and the great selection of Shelby's of all types both old and new. The new Ford Mustang GT 350 was there along with a nice selection of Shelby's latest offerings including the new Supersnake, Raptor, and Shelby GT Mustang. The pictures just don't do the 2015 Shelby GT justice. A great package and available without a Supercharger to reduce the price.

I brought my 8 month old granddaughter with her pink Mustang Logo t-shirt to get a picture of her behind the wheel of her grandpa's Shelby GT/BJ. I also enjoyed visiting with my friends. The weather was a little cooler than normal with a slight breeze. The band played some great tunes and I spent too much money on t-shirts and lemonade with sausage on a stick.

Put this event on your calendar for next year. Jeff Sole and SCAT Volunteers, what can I say, thank you so much for a wonderful car club. See everyone next year and thanks to Torch Red for posting up some great pictures.

GG