TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Ts Members In Connecticut(Or Close To It)?

Gump

I posted this in the Shelby GT forum and thought I would post it to the general forum. I hope it is okay and I am not trying to spam just trying to get more eyes to see it. If it is in the wrong place I am sorry and feel free to remove it.

Hi all,

I have been fortunate enough to get a lot of help from many Shelby members. I am located in Minnesota and there is a 2008 Shelby GT I am looking at. I was told to post a new thread to see if anyone would be able and willing to go and look at the car. We would be able to work out a fair way of compensation for time and travel. The car is located in Brookfield, Connecticut 06804. I have talked to the seller and he is willing to have someone look at it. It would make me feel a tremendous amount better if a fellow Shelby owner and enthusiast would be able to take a look at the car and tell me that everything I believe is true.

If anyone is able to look at it please shoot me a email at gumpygumpers@gmail.com

I appreciate the help,

Forrest

Hi Sean,

I told the collector that I would have something put together and ready to potentially buy it by next weekend. Essentially it is put on hold for me until the inspection happens. I do not want to keep him waiting though he has been a very nice guy to deal with. If you want to e-mail or exchange phone numbers just shoot me an e-mail at gumpygumpers@gmail.com

Thanks

Forrest

Edited by Gump

Frankly I've been asked on many occasions to inspect cars and never have. I wouldn't want to be the one that gave a car a thumbs up to my own criteria and then the buyer finds something something objectionable. The most I have ever done is say it is worth your time to get a professional or visit the car yourself.

So here are my recommendations. The car seems to be from a reliable source with few road miles. If that is the case buy two one way refundable tickets and look at it yourself. If the car is ok buy it and drive it home and cancel the return flight. This will cost less than shipping.

Good luck. It sounds like you'd get it anyway

I think sending someone is fine, it can certainly not hurt. For all you know the car is trashed, but looks good in pictures. It could save you a trip. I do agree they will just be giving you their opinion, but it is much better then just the opinion of the seller.

I once drove 3 hours to look at a BMW M3 with less then 10K miles, I spoke to the seller and he said it was Like New condition. After 3 hours I could tell as soon as I pulled in the driveway I wasn't going to be happy. All 4 wheels had curb rash (2 were major), the doorsills were trashed, and the car had a few dings and chips the owner failed to tell me about.

I sure wish someone checked it out real quick for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly I've been asked on many occasions to inspect cars and never have. I wouldn't want to be the one that gave a car a thumbs up to my own criteria and then the buyer finds something something objectionable. The most I have ever done is say it is worth your time to get a professional or visit the car yourself.

So here are my recommendations. The car seems to be from a reliable source with few road miles. If that is the case buy two one way refundable tickets and look at it yourself. If the car is ok buy it and drive it home and cancel the return flight. This will cost less than shipping.

Good luck. It sounds like you'd get it anyway

These are my thoughts as well after considering the original poster's request.