TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Considering Watts Link And Bigger Sway Bars

ICOOLUM

I cant remember the size of the track pack bars in our 13's. How do folks feel about the BMR hollow bars 38MM in front and 25MM in rear? I have been waiting for the BMR watts link but may just go with the Shelby/Fays because I'm tired of waiting.

Any feedback. I'm already lowered with Ford Racing springs and BMR upper and lower control arms, adjustable pan hard etc.

Will I be wasting money on the sway bars? I know the watts link is a go from most I have heard from.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Feedback on our 38/25 bar combo has been extremely impressive, especially for the 13/14 owners.

As for the Watts Link, we are starting production late next week. At $549.95, I think they will fly off the shelves.

11130468_915244518497931_1157602784_n.jp

Subscribing to this thread to keep informed.....

Phill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So apparently the BMR stuff is still not ready to go. Im getting the itch to get one installed because eventually we will be out of the floods and able to hit the streets and have some fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been running the FRPP sways with the Fays Watts for three seasons now and I have only positive suspension qualities with no negatives to report. I believe the new BMR sway and watts units will have a positive outcome to the Shelby/Mustang community.

I will swap Fays vs. Whiteline soon. Can't stand the clonking noise anymore. :swear:

Which one is clunking, the Fays or the Whiteline?

Phill

interested on how it performs vs whiteline vs griggs vs fays vs steeda?

Go drive a car with the Griggs setup then you will be able to answer your question

The Fays2

Manfred

Hmm. That's good to know. I've been considering a Watts Link/linkage and the Fays2 was right at the top of my list.

Phill

Where is it clunking? Please be specific.

The steadily increasing noise definitely is caused by the bushings. Some people here in Germany do replace the original ones with Hirschmann bushings. http://www.hirschmanngmbh.de/de/Gelenklager/Produkte These bushings are much better than the original ones and do reduce the clunking dramatically but they do cause the Fays2 to produce more noise all in all. I believe that the construction of products by Whiteline, Cortex or Griggs is better than of the admittedly much cheaper Fays2.

I have the Shelby/Fay's Watt's link and CHE control arms. I have had them installed for over 3 years and have no clunking from them at all. The Fay's was the only one that fit a convertible at the time, don't know about now...more expensive doesn't always mean better, it just means more expensive.

The steadily increasing noise definitely is caused by the bushings. Some people here in Germany do replace the original ones with Hirschmann bushings. http://www.hirschmanngmbh.de/de/Gelenklager/Produkte These bushings are much better than the original ones and do reduce the clunking dramatically but they do cause the Fays2 to produce more noise all in all. I believe that the construction of products by Whiteline, Cortex or Griggs is better than of the admittedly much cheaper Fays2.

OK thank you

• 6 months later...