TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered a 08' today (again)

I know this seems like a repost but it's true. I got a call today from a dealer that had offered to order me an 08' for 8k over. I had emailed them earlier in the week to ask if they still had their allotment available and if they would take 5k over if they did. Today out of the blue, they called and said if I was a serious buyer, I could have the car for 5k over. I placed the order and gave a deposit (got a faxed copy of receipt and charge) so as far as I can tell, done deal. As before:

Vista Blue w/White

Interior upgrade

HID headlamps

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo

P.S. Next Tuesday is my birthday so what a great gift to get myself.......

Thanks, I also hope msrp becomes widespread. As or myself, I have never been very lucky so if I could make the deal for 5 over and guarantee the car now, that is the safe bet. With my bad timing, if all dealers sold for msrp, they would be out of stock before I could get one. Being able to order the color I wanted as opposed to taking whatever color was a good deal is also a plus for me. This dealer is only getting one 08' so I am kind of getting personalized attention. I have no problem waiting, as long as I know the car will eventually show up.

You are right Shelbydude, Vista Blue is the fastest color........ :poke:

Thanks, I also hope msrp becomes widespread. As or myself, I have never been very lucky so if I could make the deal for 5 over and guarantee the car now, that is the safe bet. With my bad timing, if all dealers sold for msrp, they would be out of stock before I could get one. Being able to order the color I wanted as opposed to taking whatever color was a good deal is also a plus for me. This dealer is only getting one 08' so I am kind of getting personalized attention. I have no problem waiting, as long as I know the car will eventually show up.

You are right Shelbydude, Vista Blue is the fastest color........ :poke:

I think locking in at 5 is doing well in the ccurrent market. That is a good sign for the future buyers. Well Done.

Congrats Fastfords!

After the bad experience that you recently had with another dealer, it is great to see that things finally worked out fine for you. 5K over for a car build to your specs seems like a fair deal to me. Although I am partial to red, I agree that vista blue with white stripes is a great color combo! Very nice birthday gift indeed!

My dealer sent me the DORA today and it shows priority level 10. Maybe the car will show up sooner than expected?

I also was ask by my dealer what I wanted on my Shelby GT500. I don't know if they

are building the 2008's yet? I ordered a white with blue strips Shelby GT500. The dealer

said it should be make sometime in July and arrive in August or September.

Good luck with your car also.

I also was ask by my dealer what I wanted on my Shelby GT500. I don't know if they

are building the 2008's yet? I ordered a white with blue strips Shelby GT500. The dealer

said it should be make sometime in July and arrive in August or September.

Good luck with your car also.

They are not building 08's yet, but they have been scheduling them. They are suppose to beging building them on the 25th of this month.

Vista Blue is a really nice color. Many folks out there looking for one. I would have gone with traditional white/blue but I am making my 67 GT500 clone that color. Just did not want two cars the same color. It will be quite a feeling to actually take delivery of the car when it is ready. I have never bought such an expensive car before but it will be in good company with my others.

Vista Blue is a really nice color. Many folks out there looking for one. I would have gone with traditional white/blue but I am making my 67 GT500 clone that color. Just did not want two cars the same color. It will be quite a feeling to actually take delivery of the car when it is ready. I have never bought such an expensive car before but it will be in good company with my others.

i seriously hope the dealer follows through for you. my first dealer took my 4k deposit with reciept and sales slip 'unfortunately not signed' for 10 months [for msrp]then came back and told me i could have the car for 20k over..... If they will do it have them sign the sales reciept...just my 2 cents

again enjoy the car is great.

Well, since I have a signed sales order and receipt for deposit as well as numerous emails, they can expect to end up in court if they fail to deliver the car at the stated price. I don't think it will come to that. Salesman has been very good and got the o.k. from the owner to sell the car, not the gm. If it does go south, I will have nothing better to do then drag them through the legal system. Not worrying about that. Just waiting for the next update........

Well, since I have a signed sales order and receipt for deposit as well as numerous emails, they can expect to end up in court if they fail to deliver the car at the stated price. I don't think it will come to that. Salesman has been very good and got the o.k. from the owner to sell the car, not the gm. If it does go south, I will have nothing better to do then drag them through the legal system. Not worrying about that. Just waiting for the next update........

Glad it's working out for you. Now comes the waiting game, hopefully you get to drive it fairly soon.

Blayne

My dealer sent me the DORA today and it shows priority level 10. Maybe the car will show up sooner than expected?

Are they being allocated more than one car? If not, then the 10 will get you the same "speed of delivery" as a 90. It only is meaningful WITHIN a given dealership.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Are they being allocated more than one car? If not, then the 10 will get you the same "speed of delivery" as a 90. It only is meaningful WITHIN a given dealership.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Thanks for the info. They are only getting one 08' so I guess I am in for a wait. Fine by me. Here in az it would be better to get the car in the fall/winter anyway. Too hot in the summer to enjoy it.....

Hey Blayne, yea it seems to be going well. Salesman said he would save all updates as they come in and they will not install front plate bracket or dealer sticker on rear bumper. This dealer is about 100 miles from where i live so not a bad trip to pick it up. Just don't seem to be able to buy a car in town. The trip home is much better than driving across town in bumper to bumper traffic I think.

Well if I understand correctly, president's award winning dealers get their orders built first. Assigning a vin means the car is scheduled to be built. Once the car has a vin the progress can be tracked. If 08' mustang production starts on June 25th as I have heard here, Shelby production will be after that. No one has stated exactly when to expect production to start. I am sure others here can provide more insight into the process.

No one should have a vin for a 08' as production has not started yet. Most like me have gotten their DORA. I would expect to see a priced out dora soon since the option pricing is now official.

I already have my VIN. IT is printed on my DORA. The VIN is assigned once the car is pulled for production. IT is pre-planning. So they know ahead what cars are going to be built when. My build week is not until 7/30.

My dora only shows a partial. vht88s 85. Does yours show the complete vin? Schedule date is blank.

Yes full VIN. I memorized it on the way home from the dealer. My copy of the DORA has the schedule date blank. He called me the next day after I left and told me the build week. He is supposed to send me another copy of the DORA tomorrow with the option changes, build week and pricing. My current copy says "priced DORA requested" at the bottom.

Don't have all the lingo down yet, but short of the VIN and a build date, what is the DORA?

Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement. It is the daily update that the dealers get on open orders. It gives all pertinent info such as order #, VIN, options, colors and status.

My dora only shows a partial. vht88s 85. Does yours show the complete vin? Schedule date is blank.

Fastfords,

Since you are using the same dealer as I did, they got their 07 allocation pulled for production in December, even though the order was placed in March. As you know, they are small and low on the priority.

It will sit on Material Hold until for regional rep decides to pull it for production. Material Hold just means it hasn't been scheduled yet, and you wont get a VIN until it is off Material Hold.

So, be prepared for the wait. Its worth it.

The salesman was pretty cool. He saved a bunch of Ford magazines for me with the GT500 in it. I did the same thing as you. No front bumber drilling, no dealer stickers, save all the plastic wrappers, etc. He will take care of you.

Later

Archived