TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vista 2008 Gt500Kr 40Th 445 Original Miles With Super Snake Upgrades..........

Nice car, I am not sure I understand the idea of adding SS upgrades to a KR. They are really two different models and valuable for different reasons.

Seems like a better plan would be to sell the KR, purchase a base GT500 and SS upgrade it with the proceeds and end up with a more valuable car.

Anyway, it is cool and unusual, albeit not a great investment. Hopefully someone here gets it.

Nice car, I am not sure I understand the idea of adding SS upgrades to a KR. They are really two different models and valuable for different reasons.

Seems like a better plan would be to sell the KR, purchase a base GT500 and SS upgrade it with the proceeds and end up with a more valuable car.

Anyway, it is cool and unusual, albeit not a great investment. Hopefully someone here gets it.

Well, that is one way to look at it. if we were all the same and wanted the same thing there wouldn't even be a need for these forums! ;)

He did what he wanted to his car and now it's an awesome opportunity for someone.

I forgot to mention the benefit of being able to enjoy all the upgrades and when they're worn out, I have all the stock parts to replace them with. I'll have a new car all over again. This is like having your cake and eating it too !

Less than 10 hours left and only $50k, you going to make this bad boy yours?

Less than 10 hours left and only $50k, you going to make this bad boy yours?

I'm watching it close. Probably not without the original takeoff parts and wheels included. Also I already have a 2011 Kona Blue/Silver SooperCobra (1 of 1). I'm thinking more of a black or silver. Edited by cmcmotorworks

+ 1 it was a steal at that price.

I was glad to see it bring more than the SS.

Which one? The year older Red 2007 with 900+ miles? or was there another one? I haven't kept track over the last few days.............

R

Edited by Robert M

It was a white 2008 with 2,000 miles. $50,100

Edit.

Both were a great deal for the buyers.

I was wondering where the Red 2007 ended with a "reserve not met", 900 miles were nice but 2007 = No HID's : (

I did a search of "Completed Auctions" and did not see it, was it a 725 or a 605? Do you have the item number?

R

Edited by Robert M

Looks like it was a 605. It was a no reserve auction.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131483536887

Ok, that explains the selling price, 605's have been on the lower end of Super Snake sales for a long time. Most buyers who are looking for a Super Snake want at least a 725. The common reason for choosing a 605 over a 725 for the original build was because the 605 retained a full Ford warranty and the 725 did not. Now the factory warranty is long gone and the car is still a 605........and priced accordingly in the marketplace.

It is common for Super Snakes to be grouped as "Super Snakes", but when a person starts to dig deeper into the HP option for a specific car and other performance options available for Super Snakes, the prices start change quickly.

R

Edited by Robert M

Well it sold. Great price btw. Funny. I hang out at SVT Performance a lot. There's a similar thread there. Showed up when bidding got past $50k.

I believe the sold price was $58k. I paid $44k for mine black/matte. With nav. Used @ 15,400 miles. So it depends. If you want a car you just want to look at, buy stock w low miles. You want a daily driver as mine, buy used. You want a model car for your shelf? Buy cars like this.

Just my thoughts.

And btw, if I had the coin, I would have gone for this one. Perfect upgrades. And with a high end suspension kit...damn! You have a majic carpet!

There was a grabber orange a couple years ago that ended around the same amount with similar mileage. Still would be interested in that one if it came up again. I personally would prefer the 605 over the 725 based on price alone. People have to remember that 605 is still an incredible amount of horsepower to play with.

^^^^I agree, 605 is a big deal, but since there were options beyond that level, many buyers brush the entry level HP models to the side. From Shelby, the 605 eventually became 630HP and then 660HP for the Super Snake entry level..............So as entry levels go...........605 is the bottom entry level.

500HP was incredible in 2007 (in a Mustang), and then 540 was the Top Dog, then 550, then 662 etc. If a 662 owner were to settle back in the seat of a Ford assy. line stock 500HP GT500 and take it for a spin................sadly, it would not excite..........

Originally, when it all started, the base 605HP price was $27,995 and the 725HP was $31,995. <<<This gap has gotten wider as time goes on.........

R

Edited by Robert M

Robert, you make a great point here. I've been reading what you all have been saying.

For me...personally. I have a 2008 500, that I bought with 1400 miles on it and stock (advertised) 500hp. We all know that doesn't mean it has 500 horses. That's for another thread! :hysterical:

Anyway, my point is that I got tired of the 500 and bought the KR tune / CAI / and KR mufflers. Supposedly bumping it now to 540. The first day in the seat was awesome! And for maybe a few months too. Now.....meh...not so much anymore. :drop:

EDIT- I also had a (special order) 2007 GT500 coupe that I left unaltered performance wise. I never got tired of the power in that car, because it was a garage queen....barely saw the light of day. Sold it after four years of ownership with just 3200 on the clock. A total waste of ownership that one was. I swore NOT to do that this time around! :rockon:

Edited by BIKEBOY

Robert, you make a great point here. I've been reading what you all have been saying.

For me...personally. I have a 2008 500, that I bought with 1400 miles on it and stock (advertised) 500hp. We all know that doesn't mean it has 500 horses. That's for another thread! :hysterical:

Anyway, my point is that I got tired of the 500 and bought the KR tune / CAI / and KR mufflers. Supposedly bumping it now to 540. The first day in the seat was awesome! And for maybe a few months too. Now.....meh...not so much anymore. :drop:

EDIT- I also had a (special order) 2007 GT500 coupe that I left unaltered performance wise. I never got tired of the power in that car, because it was a garage queen....barely saw the light of day. Sold it after four years of ownership with just 3200 on the clock. A total waste of ownership that one was. I swore NOT to do that this time around! :rockon:

It would also be a different story if it were 500, 540 or 550 horsepower in a 3300 or 3400 pound car, but we are talking 3800, 3900, even 4000+ with some of us larger drivers..............Moving that kind of weight (and keeping it exciting) does not last long for many car guys...............Sorry, that is just the way it is. I guess that is why the aftermarket is so full of vendors who sell mods for these cars, and then we see what Ford did, 662 showroom HP in 2013 and the rumors of 700+ just around the corner. <<<This is not because people were satisfied with 500-600HP.

It is this car enthusiast demand for more power that drove the original muscle car era, and is driving the current muscle car era. <<The problem now..............it costs piles of cash to keep up as the technology changes much faster now than it did in the 1960's, 1970's 1980's and 1990's.

^^^This is why I chose a 725 horse 7 years ago for $4K cost difference over a 605, just now (actually not quite yet), the factory Ford HP level is catching up to what Shelby designed/produced, and it will be in a next generation Mustang, not the S197. It is not that I needed a 725, but I gambled that my S197 would not be eclipsed by a "next year model" by the end of the S197 model run, and 662HP was as far as it got from the Ford assy. line. This does not even consider that when Ford is at 662, Shelby is at 850. Next gen. S550 Ford will be at 700+, Shelby will build 900+.

Imagine this.........it is conceivable that a S550 Super Snake in the next couple of years could be double the power of an original 2007-2009 GT500!!

R

Edited by Robert M

It's all over but the shouting sold Tuesday for $56,200. :clapping:

I would like to see if the buyer is on hear, I agree it was well bought, especially when the added parts "could" be removed and sold to recoup many thousand dollars if desired and have $$$ closer to $50K in this low mile Vista KR...............the notch in the hood, that would have to be dealt with...........

R

Edited by Robert M

Thanks man! You have a nice looking ride yourself!

Thanks! :salute:

My current sig pic is an older car I had years ago. I am waiting for nicer weather to get my 500 all cleaned up with its new wheels, for a new and updated sig pic.

That seems like it's never gonna happen!! :drop: