TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vista 2008 Gt500Kr 40Th 445 Original Miles With Super Snake Upgrades..........

Awesome car! Might be a little misleading to say it has all the "Super Snake" upgrades, if they were performed by Evolution and not Shelby American. There was a KR post-title package from Shelby that did include Super Snake options, which is what I thought this was at first. For the hardcore enthusiast, these hairs must be split.

That car has been offered for sale before on Ebay multiple times. With less than 500 miles on it and all that work, it makes you wonder why they didn't enjoy it more? It's a beautiful car. Hope someone on TS ends up with it.

Hmmmmm. A KR Super snake. Wow! I really love the car and the color, and the upgrades are perfect for my tastes, exactly what I'm looking for. Couldn't have done better myself. The asking price is very fair for all the upgrades that have been done. In fact it's a very, very good deal ! Plus I'll have all the stock parts to go with the car If I ever feel like putting them back on. I'm going to contact the seller immediately. It only takes one buyer, and I'm sure there are many in the market to purchase a KR that are looking for the exact same thing ! I think I will buy it !

Edited by cmcmotorworks

Hmmmmm. A KR Super snake. Wow! I really love the car and the color, and the upgrades are perfect for my tastes, exactly what I'm looking for. Couldn't have done better myself. The asking price is very fair for all the upgrades that have been done. In fact it's a very, very good deal ! Plus I'll have all the stock parts to go with the car If I ever feel like putting them back on. I'm going to contact the seller immediately. It only takes one buyer, and I'm sure there are many in the market to purchase a KR that are looking for the exact same thing ! I think I will buy it !

Ya yu need another toy :lol: Good Luck let us know if you buy it.

Ya yu need another toy :lol: Good Luck let us know if you buy it.

I forgot to mention the benefit of being able to enjoy all the upgrades and when they're worn out, I have all the stock parts to replace them with. I'll have a new car all over again. This is like having your cake and eating it too !

:hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

:chairshot:

What's so funny. I'm serious !

No Cmc, please don't buy thus worthless car. I don't want you to lose any money. Everyone here knows to stay away from any tastefully modded Shelby, especially a KR. Besides, this one has all the stock parts removed and has too many miles. Oh, and it's the double-worthless non-red, blue KR at that!!

:hysterical:

I forgot to mention the benefit of being able to enjoy all the upgrades and when they're worn out, I have all the stock parts to replace them with. I'll have a new car all over again. This is like having your cake and eating it too !

Did someone say CAKE!?

I love cake!

The poor OP just wants to sell his car, and we bastardized his thread. :(

No, I was the OP. I have a Super Snake with "Super Snake standard items"..............not a GT500KR with Super Snake Upgrades.

I did install a GT500KR CF splitter on my Super Snake, I considered that a visual upgrade.

As mentioned above.............price re-adjusted...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-Ford-Shelby-GT500KR-SUPER-SNAKE-UPGRADES-KR-/131474703023?vxp=mtr

R

Edited by Robert M

and...the elevator is going down. :airquote:

Ebay is NOT the place to sell a car for good money. I bought mine on Ebay and people always look at me like I'm crazy. The stigma of buying a car on Ebay keeps the prices down(good if you are a buyer).

Ebay is NOT the place to sell a car for good money. I bought mine on Ebay and people always look at me like I'm crazy. The stigma of buying a car on Ebay keeps the prices down(good if you are a buyer).

"Stigma of buying a car on Ebay" ?????

Please explain in greater detail. I have NO idea what that is supposed to mean? Not hating.....seriously. Just don't understand where you're going with that?

:lurk:

I buy cars on EBAY all the time, just another place to shop like Auto Trader, local newspaper, Carigslist, and dealerships. Good deals can be found, never had anyone say anything about where I found the car other than how they can I get a similar deal? EBAY is mainstream now, no stigma for informed people.

I buy cars on EBAY all the time, just another place to shop like Auto Trader, local newspaper, Carigslist, and dealerships. Good deals can be found, never had anyone say anything about where I found the car other than how they can I get a similar deal? EBAY is mainstream now, no stigma for informed people.

I agree with this. It is a worldwide bidding audience. It is the specialized car auctions where "sometimes" bidders (rich guys) get into a bidding war and then cars get bid well beyond real world. Ebay on the other hand is an "everyone" auction and everyone (worldwide) who has interest in a specific item can bid. The specialized car auctions and "some bidders" are why prices can be very high at one auction, and in the dirt the next auction on the same type vehicles.

For what it's worth..............If a car on eBay is something a person specifically wants, there are services across the country where you can pay a inspector to thoroughly inspect the car you are interested in with general pictures and specific pictures at your request, before you pull the trigger (click Buy-It-Now or Bid Now). A friend of mine paid either $300 or $400 for a 1970 Mach 1 inspection and it all happened during the auction time period, even as far as drivetrain sequence numbers verified to the VIN for drivetrain originality, and paint thickness readings on body panels. The price for this service will vary depending upon how far the inspector has to travel to the vehicle.

^^^^Using a service like this also requires some expertise in specific vehicles.................as Mustangs go, a person who specializes in 1964.5-1973 may not be the best choice to verify a 2008/09 GT500KR's credentials, so questions need to be asked when hiring a person to inspect a specific car, and their knowledge of that car.

In the future, when people are looking for "virgin" GT500's, one of the first inspection points will be................The S/C bolts...............Does it look like a wrench has been used on the S/C bolts? There are always signs when bolts have been removed and re-installed.

R

Edited by Robert M

"Stigma of buying a car on Ebay" ?????

Please explain in greater detail. I have NO idea what that is supposed to mean? Not hating.....seriously. Just don't understand where you're going with that?

:lurk:

No worries, I love buying on Ebay! A lot of the stigma people have is the uncertainty of buying a car without ever seeing it in person or being able to check it out. Even though you can see pictures, people still associate it with buying a car "Site unseen".

I completely agree! I guess it just boils down to what circle of people you are talking to and what their prejudices are.

No worries, I love buying on Ebay! A lot of the stigma people have is the uncertainty of buying a car without ever seeing it in person or being able to check it out. Even though you can see pictures, people still associate it with buying a car "Site unseen".

It would also depend upon the cars age. The older the car, the deeper an inspection one would assume.

^^^^But this is not always true either. A buyer would think/assume that a newer car with very few original miles would be in "as-new" condition (or as close as possible to new), but I have had personally experience with a 3 year old 2000 Cobra R that I was interested in buying, the car had 15.3 original miles when it was 3 years old, plastic on the seats and carpet, stickers and assy. line Markall markings on the windows, "heated garage" as storage since it was driven home when new from it's original dealership, started up and driven locally for fluid circulation and heat cycles. <<It sounded like the perfect example for me. I was not in a position to spend $54,995 (or more with adjusted market value) in 2000, but I was in a position to spend $40K in the 2003/2004 time period. This fine "preserved" example seemed to be the car I was looking for. I had it inspection with extensive pictures only to find that everything on the underside that was not coated or painted from the factory had rusted to the point that pitting had started. The alum. engine accessory bracket and all other alum. parts attached to the engine were caked in white oxidation to the point where they were going to pit. Needless to say, I backed away from that car. It was sad that a car like this was driven home as an "investment" only to let it deteriorate in a "heated garage". One would ask, why did it deteriorate in that heated garage environment??? My only guess is that the storage facility was not sealed "completely" and the humidity that did enter was heated which will only cause condensation under the car, especially on a concrete floor. A/C is the only real way to remove humidity and most garages are not climate controlled to the point where they are air conditioned or dehumidified to remove the moisture/humidity.

I am glad that I had that car checked out, or I would have purchased a 3 year old car with under 25 original miles that in reality needed a restoration immediately or the rusting and oxidation would have only gotten worse.

R

I almost always fly to look myself. Have only bought a handful sight unseen. It's EZ to do with pics and character judgement after several phone conversations. Jmho.

:victory:

Thanks for the clarification.

I almost always fly to look myself. Have only bought a handful sight unseen. It's EZ to do with pics and character judgement after several phone conversations. Jmho.

:victory:

Thanks for the clarification.

100% agree. I buy the tickets after I win. I have no problem paying for a $600-$1000 plane ticket to keep me from making a mistake on a purchase 50 times larger.

This KR had many of the KR upgrades that SAI did, and I've never seen a KR with these upgrades. Only a few have been done. People may not like them, but there are plenty of people out there that will. I agree with CMC. I have moded my KR with only SAI upgrades, and I love the upgrades, and those stock parts are just sitting silent in boxes. I can put my KR back to stock if ever needed, but I don't see the need. $76K? I would guess $60K would be a good deal...