TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rabbits Ate My Wiring Harness Heeeeelp

bowtie350

So i'm working on an 87 CSX-T and most likely going to be doing a full restoration on this darn thing. However before i even start that process i need to get the harness issue handled first. i live in the country and rabbits have eaten the engine harness clean in half right at the connector at the firewall. Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram or other solution (i.e. where i can find a replacement)? i have looked on service info sites and even emailed the tech support department at Shelby and they had nothing to offer, even their techs had no clue where to look.

So i'm working on an 87 CSX-T and most likely going to be doing a full restoration on this darn thing. However before i even start that process i need to get the harness issue handled first. i live in the country and rabbits have eaten the engine harness clean in half right at the connector at the firewall. Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram or other solution (i.e. where i can find a replacement)? i have looked on service info sites and even emailed the tech support department at Shelby and they had nothing to offer, even their techs had no clue where to look.

No such car as a 1987 CSX-T. Do you have a 1987 CSX or a 1988 CSX-T?

Shelby Automobiles Inc, in Whittier California where these cars were built, closed up shop in 1990 so I'm not sure who you emailed.

Either way the wiring harness is from Chrysler (Dodge) and not Shelby. You'll need to contact Chrysler and the harness would be listed for either a 1987 Dodge Shadow ES or a 1988 Dodge Shadow ES depending on which car you have.

Steve

thanks that helps drasticly and it would be an 88 then as i know for a fact that its a csx-t, i just mis typed that

Ok. A 1988 Shekby CSX-T would use the exact same harness as a 1988 Dodge Shadow ES with a Turbo I drivetrain. I would be shocked if you could get one from Chrysler so the next best thing is to call junkyards asking for a 1988 Shadow ES with a Turbo I drivetrain. You don't want a harness from a naturally aspirated car.

Steve