TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csx 2000 Repaint?

ageishecker

A friend took the Heritage Center tour last week and said the guide told them CSX 2000 was repainted for the 50th anniversary? Is that true? The last time I got an up close look was in April of 2013 and still had lots of chips in the paint then. It seems to me a 50th anniversary repaint would have been before that.

Edited by Al G.

A friend took the Heritage Center tour last week and said the guide told them CSX 2000 was repainted for the 50th anniversary? Is that true? The last time I got an up close look was in April of 2013 and still had lots of chips in the paint then. It seems to me a 50th anniversary repaint would have been before that.

No, no and no. CSX2000 was not repainted for the 50th Anniversary.

Steve

Thanks Steve. That's what i thought. I wonder if the guide mispoke or if it was heard incorrectly.

Not sure. I know our regular tour guide talks about the various color changes and how you can see the different colors by looking at the rock chips so lets call it a misunderstanding between the two.

Steve

• 6 months later...

No, no and no. CSX2000 was not repainted for the 50th Anniversary.

Steve

Interesting. I took the tour in March 2015 and the guide also said it was repainted for the 50th. I had seen it at a prior visit and you could see yellow from a prior paint job, but that area was now blue.

Tom

Interesting. I took the tour in March 2015 and the guide also said it was repainted for the 50th. I had seen it at a prior visit and you could see yellow from a prior paint job, but that area was now blue.

Tom

Would you guys know who the tour guide was? We have a regular tour guide but sometimes one of the sales department guys help out on the tours.

I would like to get this corrected. Years ago we used to have a tour guide who would tell visitors that Carroll had two heart transplants, I always cringed when I would be walking thru the museum and hear that being said. It took a while but I finally got that corrected.

Steve

I was able to get this corrected. Our tour guide obviously had some incorrect info that will no longer be part of the tour.

I don't recall exactly when but many years back a decision was made not to touch (restore in anyway) CSX2000. I'm not sure if this directive came form Carroll but Carroll was certainly on-board with it and is one of the reasons the drivers seat leather is in the shape it is.

Steve

I was able to get this corrected. Our tour guide obviously had some incorrect info that will no longer be part of the tour.

I don't recall exactly when but many years back a decision was made not to touch (restore in anyway) CSX2000. I'm not sure if this directive came form Carroll but Carroll was certainly on-board with it and is one of the reasons the drivers seat leather is in the shape it is.

Steve

Sounds like the guide might have been confused regarding the repaints back in the day when Carroll Shelby had it repainted as an illusion for the press to make it look as though there were a few Cobras built, when he only had the 1 at the time. If I remember, CSX2000 originally started off as red, then yellow and now has remained blue, hence the yellow that is visible.

Edited by Denstang65