TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Retro Look

wally22

There is NO 2007 Shelby GT 350. There is a 2007 Shelby GT. They only came in Black with Silver Stripes and White with Silver Stripes. If yours is one of those, great. As far as the 67 Style Dash Emblem, It should fit just below the Passenger Airbag. DON'T drill any holes, cut off the mounting Pins and get some "3M" Gray Molding Tape and mount the Emblem that way. By using the Molding Tape, you can later remove the Emblem if you choose to. It should look great mounted far Right about 3" in from the end.

I have the '67 GT500 emblem on my dash. I've tried high-quality double sided tape but it melts in the sun and the emblem falls. Hi strength glue has worked better, it stays put even when parked in the hot sun all day.

IMHO, the Shelby GT and GT350 are different cars, like a Boss and a Mach1 for example. I wouldn't put a Mach1 symbol on a Boss. If it was my SGT, I'd make an SGT emblem or decal using the correct font and put it on the dash.

A nice Dash Emblem for your Shelby GT would be this. It IS a Key Chain. You cut the Spinning piece out, use the double sided Molding Tape. It is small, has the Snake Head, is Red, White & Blue and it just says SHELBY.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/kt2210097-kc.htm

I've been eyeing one of the early GT500 badges for the passenger side airbag cover myself. I find it hard to believe that the 3M trim and body double sided tape wouldn't hold up. That's the same stuff that holds the badges to the outside of the car and I have to hit it with a heat gun to get it loose.

I've been eyeing one of the early GT500 badges for the passenger side airbag cover myself. I find it hard to believe that the 3M trim and body double sided tape wouldn't hold up. That's the same stuff that holds the badges to the outside of the car and I have to hit it with a heat gun to get it loose.

I use the 3M Gray Molding Tape to install the Numbered Dash Plaques to the Tribute Edition Shelby Mustangs and had ZERO problems. Just make sure the area is super clean, I usually wipe the area with Enamel Reducer then soapy water and let dry.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the '67 GT500 emblem on my dash.

Do you have a picture of it, mounted on/in your car?

I've thought about doing it myself and never realized others have done it already.

Thanks,

Phill

Do you have a picture of it, mounted on/in your car?

I've thought about doing it myself and never realized others have done it already.

Thanks,

Phill

I do, I'll post them for you asap. I like the look. When I show the car, people usually take pictures of the emblem.

Cool, and thanks.

That fits real good there. It really looks like it was made to go there, pretty much a perfect fit.

Where do you find one *that* same size?

TIA,

Phill

Archived