TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pricing Help?

drshotty

Hey guys, About to make a purchase on a shelby. and again me being young I'm not an expert on making car purchases and getting a fair deal for the vehicle. Reading about the crazy adm and msrp prices has gotten me scared..

Its a 2010 shelby. without the navigation package, 26k miles.. The asking price is $38,881 at a dealership. It does have curb rash on the rims. and the front splitter is bent it like it was hit on parking curbs. also has scratches in the interior dash on the passenger side. What should i offer for the car.? i was thinking 34 with taxes. Just let me know yalls opinions. Its white with grabber blue stripes. seats are black with grabber blue stripes in the seats.

Closed eBay auction prices are a pretty good barometer of realistic selling prices. I just took a quick look and it would appear that your thought of $34k INCLUDING taxes is just too low, especially for a dealership. While anything is possible you should prepare yourself for $36k PLUS taxes from a dealership. If it was a private party sale and the seller was desperate to sell the car, things could be different.

Steve

Closed eBay auction prices are a pretty good barometer of realistic selling prices. I just took a quick look and it would appear that your thought of $34k INCLUDING taxes is just too low, especially for a dealership. While anything is possible you should prepare yourself for $36k PLUS taxes from a dealership. If it was a private party sale and the seller was desperate to sell the car, things could be different.

Steve

Good point. I failed to mention private party sale.