TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Owns Gt500, Gt350 And Kr Names?

ageishecker

This question was posted on the SAAC forum (not by me) and the first response was they were sold to Ford. Steve recently posted something along these lines but I can't find it. This is probably a CSL question but I'll bet someone here can answer it. As you can imagine the SAAC thread turned negative with the 2nd response.

This question was posted on the SAAC forum (not by me) and the first response was they were sold to Ford. Steve recently posted something along these lines but I can't find it. This is probably a CSL question but I'll bet someone here can answer it. As you can imagine the SAAC thread turned negative with the 2nd response.

If my memory serves me:

Ford owns "COBRA" and the Tiffany Snake. I can't remember if Carroll Shelby owns the forward facing snakes or not.

Carroll Shelby ownED "GT500 and "GT350". I *think* he still does (meaning, I don't KNOW (for sure)).

I'm not sure if CS sold the GT350 moniker for Ford or licensed it to Ford (like with the GT500) but Ford is now using it (remember the GT350 suit when Ford used it without license?).

Phill

The only Shelby related name that Ford owns is the name "Cobra" which Carroll (now the CHS Trust) has the right to use on the continuation Cobra's. For the folks who attended this years TS Vegas Bash, you may recall that Neil Cummings got in a little story about Carroll and the Cobra name............... "but they said I could use it".

Steve

Archived