TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversary Limited Edition Package

A while back I asked Amy about the Shelby Razor wheels included in the 40th. I specifically was asking about the 9" wheels on the rear. Since the stock wheels are 9.5" and most of us want to go with a larger rear tire width like 305-315s, would they be offering 10"? She said they were looking into that, but I haven't heard back about it. Does anyone else know anything about this? She also told me that they may look into increasing the diameter of the exhaust to 3", instead of (I believe) 2.5" with 3" tips. There are alot of components of the package that I hve never seen or had confirmation on, like pics of the rear brake ducts, 40th Anniversary ring around the center of the rear faux gas cap, and the Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension and sway bar kit. I also talked to Amy quite some time ago about the fact that the aluminum Shelby map light accent has not been designed to accomodate our passive alarm security system which has sensor eyes in the map light facing each window. I was told that they would be looking into this as well, but haven'y heard anything. I assume that the tires for the 40th will be the same as the Super Snake, being the Pirelli P Zero Nero. These are a nice looking tire!!! Could someone that knows how start a poll to see how many of us have commited to doing the 40th, and how many will add the TVS, and Baer brakes, CAI and tune?

KingCobra.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody have any insight or comments about the questions I brought up, or maybe something I haven't thought of yet???

Amy.......Can you answer these questions for us??? Please, and thank you!!!

KingCobra.

I know I'm not the only one in here getting the 40th!!!

At least there we're alot of people talking about doing it.

Let's see some posting here!!! Someone out there must have some info on the missing pieces to the 40th puzzle I listed in the 1st post above???

KingCobra.

Let's see some posting here!!! Someone out there must have some info on the missing pieces to the 40th puzzle I listed in the 1st post above???

KingCobra.

I'm still thinking that I will get the 40th upgrade. I talked to John Walker last week and he should be calling me this coming week to take a deposit and tell me my #. I have however begun to seriously consider what other mods that I may do. I'm not very likely to want to spend all the money to change out the brakes or supercharger when both existing systems seem to be more than adequate for what I want. I think I can do some minor mods to the motor to get a lot of bang for the buck. As for the brakes, I may just leave them like they are, or I may choose to upsize the rear rotors.

All in all, I love the car but I want to do some mods on my own. half the fun I've had with my other toy (2003 Harley Road King) has been in the garage with tools in my hand.

I'm sorry I can't fill in any of the missing pieces other than John said the 40th package was just that...a package...no changes. I think if something included in the package had already been done you may get a parts credit but that may be all. I did ask if I could have the stripes deleted and he said no. They were sticking to the package. If I want painted on stripes or another color, I may have to do it later.

JF

KingCobra.

I am getting the 40th with the upgraded brakes and blower.

I gave my deposit of $6,000 last week and my # is 100.

I have been on the list since Oct. 06.

Very excited now that I have a # and have given my deposit.

Do not no about total cost or dates for delivery as yet.

Hoping for August.

I am getting the 40th with the upgraded brakes and blower.

I gave my deposit of $6,000 last week and my # is 100.

I have been on the list since Oct. 06.

Very excited now that I have a # and have given my deposit.

Do not no about total cost or dates for delivery as yet.

Hoping for August.

THe phine calls go by so quickly. After I got off of the phone with John I realized that I got distracted from asked him the clarify something he had said. Did he metion anything to you about changing the stripes to silver??? I have a Torch Red/white striped coupe. It's not that I would be strickly against changing to silver, but there is nothing documented that suggests any change to striping, other than adding the over the top stripes for the convertables. I did notice the side stripes are different on the 40th, compared to ours.

I assume the addition of the blower swap, brakes and labour will add another 8-10K, but could you let me know when you hear a comfirmed price?

KingCobra.

THe phine calls go by so quickly. After I got off of the phone with John I realized that I got distracted from asked him the clarify something he had said. Did he metion anything to you about changing the stripes to silver??? I have a Torch Red/white striped coupe. It's not that I would be strickly against changing to silver, but there is nothing documented that suggests any change to striping, other than adding the over the top stripes for the convertables. I did notice the side stripes are different on the 40th, compared to ours.

I assume the addition of the blower swap, brakes and labour will add another 8-10K, but could you let me know when you hear a comfirmed price?

KingCobra.

I will and if you hear first let me know.

What # are you?

As far as the stripes my car has the silver so I am staying with that.

I also was unaware of a stripe change, I ordered the "Red Stripe Appearance Package" on Black...If we have to have "Silver Stripes" on the 40th, I am out!

Sorry for the confusion, I am talking about the convertible stripes. John said they only are doing silver. I'm sure if you have a coupe that's already striped you can keep'em. I only talked to him and I was specifically talking about the vert package. My Bad....

More concisely, here is a list of my questions about the 40th:

1. I am very concerned about decreasing the wheel size on the rears to 9". I talked to Amy some time back and she told me that SAI was already addressing this, and was looking into offering 10" whhels for the rear. However, I have not heard anything about it since.

Amy..."We are working on new tires, we will not make the american wider, the 10" was for the Super Snake, not the 40th".

2. Will you be including the same tires o the 40th as on the Super Snake, being the Pirelli PZero Nero? And if we can get a 10" wheel for the rears could we get 305-315s? (had confirmation from John that the tires will be the same on both the 40th and the SS, the Pirelli PZero Neros)(BUT REAR TIRES WILL BE REDUCED TO 275's)

3. I talked to Amy some time back about the issue of the aluminum map light trim not being designed to allow the passive alarm sensors in the map light, and she said that they were already in the process of addressing this, but I have not heard anything about it since. ( NOW THAT THE CATALOG IS OUT, THEY ARE LISTED WITHOUT AND WITH HOLES FOR THE ANTI-THEFT )

4. I heard there was talk about the Borla cat-back exhaust, and making it 3" all of the way instead of (I believe) 2.5" ending in a 3" tip, will this be available? Is there any power gain from the Borla exhaust system?

Amy..."Still working on it".

5. Is there any interest in using our original Shelby lettering when it gets centered on the rear deck lid, as opposed to going with the smaller SHELBY lettering?

Amy..."The smaller letters are being used on the 40th cars".

6. Are there any pictures of the 40th Anniversary ring around the center of the rear faux gas cap?

Amy..."In production, I don't have them yet".

7. Will there be any certificates of authenticity with the # of production for the limited edition packages from Shelby, possibly signed by Carroll for the first so many customers?

Amy..."No, the plate on the dash and your Bill will denote authenticity".

8. Will customers making the added investment in these limited edition packages be offered preferred customer status discounts for further parts purchasing?

Amy..."James, I haven't even thought through this all yet, possibly not sure what it will be".

9. Will the people with deposits get listed in the next Shelby registry as having these special packages, and when does the next one come out?

Amy..."There will be a new registry and everyone with these packages will have their info upgraded".

10. What will be the cost to go with the all chrome Razors? ( PRICING IN CATALOG )

11. Will it be possible to have the Alcoa's as an official 40th Anniversary upgrade option, as they will be available without the GT500KR and Super Snake designation?

Amy..."I can not do this I already allowed all american razors and I had to committ to tooling and the special black color".

12. Can we see a pic of the 40th Anniversary licence plate frames listed as part of the package at the SEMA introduction?

Amy..."I do not have one and am not sure which if any it is".

13. Are the dash gauges illuminated? and if so, what colour?

Amy..."They are off white, some yellow tinge".

I also asked Amy about CAI and tunes.

Q. When do you anticipate having some info regarding the Shelby CAI and tunes. Will the tunes be inline with the performance of the JLT/SCT tuner package with 75-90 rwhp with CAI and tune?

A. We are working on them, and when they are done they will be the best.

If anyone else can think of something I missed post or PM me and I will add it to this list to keep things concise for Amy to answer more easily.

KingCobra.

I know nothing about this, only what is listed on the SAI website, it has specifics on it and it has'nt changed, but I did haer Amy say about offering wider rims for the razors, guess you have to specify when they call you on the 40th package. Heard nothing of any other changes from the PDF file on SAI website.

Chuck, APPLESRED

KingCobra,

I had messaged Amy about the Razors, just to see if they would fit a GT500. A lot of people in the industry, including American Racing (the manufacturer) said no.

She did say that the ones SAI receives do fit...they are tight, but do fit.

I haven't heard back if SAI will offer the all chrome or just the silver or black inserts.

I'm on the same boat as you. I don't think a 9" would work back there, they are going to have to make a 10. I'm willing to wait, as long as I can get an assurance that the wheel will be made (sometime soon).

Hope this helps on this subject anyways.

:stop: And as far as a new forum...I think one should be made just for dash plaques :hysterical2:

KingCobra,

I had messaged Amy about the Razors, just to see if they would fit a GT500. A lot of people in the industry, including American Racing (the manufacturer) said no.

She did say that the ones SAI receives do fit...they are tight, but do fit.

I haven't heard back if SAI will offer the all chrome or just the silver or black inserts.

I'm on the same boat as you. I don't think a 9" would work back there, they are going to have to make a 10. I'm willing to wait, as long as I can get an assurance that the wheel will be made (sometime soon).

Hope this helps on this subject anyways.

:stop: And as far as a new forum...I think one should be made just for dash plaques :hysterical2:

Even on the Shelby website they suggest using 255's with the razors, and everything I have found suggests that they are too small for the Shelby. John told me that a 275 will fit, but everything I have found says that you need a 9.5" wheel for that. And, who wants to decrease the rear tire size on a muscle car anyway. American Racing told me that they were not developed for the Shelby, and that they do not have any wheels that will fit over the calipers, that will fit the tire size.

The Razors will be available all chrome for an upcharge.

PLEASE Shelby offer us some 10" wheels and 305-315 tires for the rear!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

Agree there should be a form, I also have a deposit in on the 40th do not have all the details but early on I asked about the stripes (I have a blue vert.) and was told my stripes would be white to match side stripes.

Good to know. If the package is being done as pictured. The side stripes will be replaced. Both the 40th Anniversary and the Super Snake are shown with a different side stripe encasing the GT500 in the center stripe on the front fender, instead of the center stripe stopping before the GT500, and continuing after.

KingCobra.

Even on the Shelby website they suggest using 255's with the razors, and everything I have found suggests that they are too small for the Shelby. John told me that a 275 will fit, but everything I have found says that you need a 9.5" wheel for that. And, who wants to decrease the rear tire size on a muscle car anyway. American Racing told me that they were not developed for the Shelby, and that they do not have any wheels that will fit over the calipers, that will fit the tire size.

The Razors will be available all chrome for an upcharge.

PLEASE Shelby offer us some 10" wheels and 305-315 tires for the rear!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

Does anyone know what the packags would include if it was a 40th anv supersnake. ie (wheels, brakes ,SC, stripes ........) as opposed to just a Supersnake ?

Well Amy will be back from Tulsa on Sunday!!!

I hope that we will be able to get these questions answered.

Hope you guys had a great time in Tulsa!!!

It must have been awesome to be there (and exhausting).

KingCobra.

Well Amy will be back from Tulsa on Sunday!!!

I hope that we will be able to get these questions answered.

Hope you guys had a great time in Tulsa!!!

It must have been awesome to be there (and exhausting).

KingCobra.

Just checking back. Still no 40th Anniversary forum.

Hopefully soon.

KingCobra.

KingCobra.

I got the call last night confirming my interest. "Hell yeah!" was my reply. I had been working through Steve Navarro whom apparently does not work at SAI anymore. Now, with multiple "lists", I have no idea where I'm at in the grand order of things. When I asked when they'll start, I was told they'll do a lottery.....just kidding :hysterical: . I did get the "We hope to start in 6 weeks or so." answer that I've heard before, so I put the check "in the mail". :hysterical2:

I received a call from Sherry today at SAI regarding my continued interest in the 40th Anniversary

package. I confirmed my wishes to have the package installed. I was assigned serial number 67.

I also was told that the 600 hp and brake package would be available (additional cost to be determined

later). However, no additional badging will be performed (beyond the 40th Ann badging). I should

receive more info soon.

We need a 40th Anniversary topic header...

Wierd I have received no call since I was told I was somewhere around #40 last year.

Oh well. Being patient is a virture. :D

I would call my friend!!!

You don't want to get missed, and added back in at #140, instead of #40.

KingCobra.

Latest word from John is the carbon fiber rockers will be included on the 40th, and I will post a pic below.

And it is true that all 40th cars will have silver stripes. Mine are white now, so they will come off and be replaced with silver.

He is looking into having the Alcoa wheels as an available upgrade to the Razors.

KingCobra.

post-1791-1182519744_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1182519744_thumb.jpg

Latest word from John is the carbon fiber rockers will be included on the 40th, and I will post a pic below.

And it is true that all 40th cars will have silver stripes. Mine are white now, so they will come off and be replaced with silver.

He is looking into having the Alcoa wheels as an available upgrade to the Razors.

KingCobra.

When I paid my deposit I asked John to send me a current list of components. the CF rocker panels are listed :happy feet:

I wonder if they might replace the lower black plastic as well . I :wub: carbon fiber :wub:

BTW I got # 57 :happy feet:

Archived