TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Listens To Rush While Driving Their Shelby ?

cmcmotorworks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love Captain Beyond.. got all their vinyl.. first two were the best though.

I'm surprised another person knows who they were. They were one of the first supergroups formed from other bands. Their first album was a hard rocking progressive gem with great musicianship. It is my favorite rock album of all time. Do you have the original pressing with the 3D cover of the guy riding a shooting star through space?

I'm surprised another person knows who they were. They were one of the first supergroups formed from other bands. Their first album was a hard rocking progressive gem with great musicianship. It is my favorite rock album of all time. Do you have the original pressing with the 3D cover of the guy riding a shooting star through space?

Yes, I have the 3D version. Definitely one of my favorite albums and bands too. I was a big Iron Butterfly fan in the late 60's, Metamorphosis being my favorite LP, and I remember buying CB's first album having never heard it before but I knew anything with Rhno on lead guitar had to be good and I wasn't disappointed. The melding of rock, jazz and what sounded to me like Latin influence blew me away. I still play the first two LP's quite often.

A couple other little known bands you might like are It's a Beautiful Day, best cuts being White Bird and Hot Summer Day. And how about some early Savoy Brown during the Chris Youlden years. Raw Siena being the best LP in my opinion. Can't forget Quicksilver either who was another San Fransisco band like It's a Beautiful Day.

Yes, I have the 3D version. Definitely one of my favorite albums and bands too. I was a big Iron Butterfly fan in the late 60's, Metamorphosis being my favorite LP, and I remember buying CB's first album having never heard it before but I knew anything with Rhno on lead guitar had to be good and I wasn't disappointed. The melding of rock, jazz and what sounded to me like Latin influence blew me away. I still play the first two LP's quite often.

A couple other little known bands you might like are It's a Beautiful Day, best cuts being White Bird and Hot Summer Day. And how about some early Savoy Brown during the Chris Youlden years. Raw Siena being the best LP in my opinion. Can't forget Quicksilver either who was another San Fransisco band like It's a Beautiful Day.

I love It's a Beautiful Day. I have all those too. I have thousands of vintage Rock lps from the Beatles on up. I buy & sell on my spare time. Edited by Captain Beyond

I love It's a Beautiful Day. I have all those too. I have thousands of vintage Rock lps from the Beatles on up. I buy & sell on my spare time.

Wow, I am equally surprised you know It's a Beautiful Day. Just a handful of us local hippies were into them back in the day. I got to see them once in St.Louis and still remember Linda LaFlamme wearing a full length black dress and black gloves up to her elbows. Looked like she was dressed for the Oscars. The album with White Bird is pretty valuable I understand.

AAARF 40 ! You'll understand later tonight.

I'm in awe, even after every tour since 1978, they just get better, and better.

I was row 6, dead center of Neil's drum kit.

Only had three hours sleep as I had to get up to catch an 0 dark thirty flight, and my ears were still ringing...lol

They head to Vegas, then LA. Anyone reading this near those areas, you must go, and this may be the (sadly) last tour.

Rock on!,

Wow, I am equally surprised you know It's a Beautiful Day. Just a handful of us local hippies were into them back in the day. I got to see them once in St.Louis and still remember Linda LaFlamme wearing a full length black dress and black gloves up to her elbows. Looked like she was dressed for the Oscars. The album with White Bird is pretty valuable I understand.

Yeah, I'm into all that great music from the 60s-70s even though I'm a gen-xr who grow up in the 80s. When talking about music, I tell everyone that I was born too late.

• 2 weeks later...

There a cool documentary on net flix. First ride in a friends t top fox body was Rush live. Later in life bought a red 5.0 LX and made a live tape that lived there for over 15 years. Rush is a staple with my mustang passion.image.jpg

I love Its a Beautiful Day! I have vinyl as well as CD for road tunes. I guess us hippies traded in our VW's for Shelby's. How's that for a transformation!

I have one of those Juke Box things so I am able load everything I got. No matter what we listen to our era has been blessed with some of the best music of all time

I love Its a Beautiful Day! I have vinyl as well as CD for road tunes. I guess us hippies traded in our VW's for Shelby's. How's that for a transformation!

I have one of those Juke Box things so I am able load everything I got. No matter what we listen to our era has been blessed with some of the best music of all time

1971, I evolved from a gearhead with a BOSS 302 to a hippie... Probably looked strange... a long haired punk driving a BOSS but it was my daily trans. Fortunately, the wild times are behind me but I never lost my gearhead DNA and love that Shelby.