TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Listens To Rush While Driving Their Shelby ?

cmcmotorworks

Red Barchetta is a great song to listen to while driving in the twisty mountain roads. Been a Rush fan since my high school days. :)

Had this playing when I drove her off the lot, March 17 2007. :shift:

Suddenly ahead of me

Across the mountainside

A gleaming alloy air car

Shoots towards me, two lanes wide

;)

• 3 weeks later...

I come from the right generation for Rush, I was 16 in 1970, but just never really got into them for some reason...I did like Ghost of a chance though can't remember which album that was on but I have it. However, Mahogany Rush was one of my favorites. Frank Marino was like Hendrix reincarnated.

I come from the right generation for Rush, I was 16 in 1970, but just never really got into them for some reason...I did like Ghost of a chance though can't remember which album that was on but I have it. However, Mahogany Rush was one of my favorites. Frank Marino was like Hendrix reincarnated.

You're assignment for today, should you choose to accept it, is to go purchase any one of the earlier Rush albums ( I think they're called CDs now ), and listen to it completely. Then another, and another, and another, you'll be hooked !

You're assignment for today, should you choose to accept it, is to go purchase any one of the earlier Rush albums ( I think they're called CDs now ), and listen to it completely. Then another, and another, and another, you'll be hooked !

You are probably right, I just need to give them a chance. I guess I was too busy listening to Zep, Pink Floyd, stuff like that. So is their first album the best like most bands seem to be?

You are probably right, I just need to give them a chance. I guess I was too busy listening to Zep, Pink Floyd, stuff like that. So is their first album the best like most bands seem to be?

Their 1st one titled Rush is very good, but they progressively get better and better, I'd say up through " Moving Pictures" or maybe "Signals" ! Anyone else feel free to chime in.

How about "Head East".

Wow, kind of funny you would suggest Head East. I am from Southern Illinois and Head East was from a college town about 75 miles north. They used to play local gigs way back when. Their lead guitarist in 72-73 was Brad Flota a guy I knew from my hometown of Mt.Vernon. Another Illinois band, REO Speedwagon, played my high school sock hop in 68 or 69. They were great until they brought Kevin Cronin in... Another one of those, first album was the best, bands.

Have to have my metal, Metallica (all Metallica!) Disturbed, FFDP, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Ra and......

Ok before anyone jumps on me I think I have Alice Cooper - Classics, Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon and the Division Bell, Def Leppard - Hysteria, UFO - A Conspiracy of Stars, and Led Zeppelin - Mothership and physical graffiti

all of those CD's next to the heavy metal.

Hey, In the Lincoln I have cassettes of Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, Welcome to my Nightmare, and Holy Diver. :hysterical:

Have to have my metal, Metallica (all Metallica!) Disturbed, FFDP, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Ra and......

Ok before anyone jumps on me I think I have Alice Cooper - Classics, Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon and the Division Bell, Def Leppard - Hysteria, UFO - A Conspiracy of Stars, and Led Zeppelin - Mothership and physical graffiti

all of those CD's next to the heavy metal.

Hey, In the Lincoln I have cassettes of Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, Welcome to my Nightmare, and Holy Diver. :hysterical:

I ain't gonna jump on ya ! That's all great stuff !

If not what's your favorite Band/Music to listen to while out on a cruise ?

Their music won't even make my iTunes list let alone in my car... every person just has that one band/person they just can't stand and if I'm driving and it comes on the radio I actually will punch the radio to change it faster lmao... just hurts my ears and I'm talking Rock music only because don't get me started on that Rap crap and Taylor Swift

Mustang cruising music Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, and Led Zeppelin and when its time to go faster only 1 song, Thunderstruck

Their music won't even make my iTunes list let alone in my car... every person just has that one band/person they just can't stand and if I'm driving and it comes on the radio I actually will punch the radio to change it faster lmao... just hurts my ears and I'm talking Rock music only because don't get me started on that Rap crap and Taylor Swift

Mustang cruising music Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, and Led Zeppelin and when its time to go faster only 1 song, Thunderstruck

All good choices !