TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carlisle Ford Nationals 2015 Jun 5-7, 2015

belltr

NE Team what is the status on Carlisle for the Ford Nationals. :drool:

Is the NE team going to be there sponsored by Team Shelby?

I have a feeling those days are long gone.

Its a gut feel...because I haven't seen or heard of anything regarding "TS NE" in months. Perhaps I've just missed the posts. A few years ago there were gatherings at Carlisle, and Tasca (which I attended)...but since then I'm not sure what has happened.

I have to agree, I am not sure what happened we always had a great turnout when Team Shelby NE put on a show. I’m not sure if John does not have the time to put towards the Team or what. Last year we got a 2 week or less notification that they were going to be there and it was not from the lack of interested parties there were many threads asking for a status starting back in November or so. lots of folks were not going to be there unless Team Shelby was there me included. it’s just not the same without the Team Shelby Crew Gary Patterson, Sam, John, Andy and all the others..

I’m actually part of the South Atlantic now but there are no close events except for Carlisle… Either way I hope things go back to the way there were when Team Shelby NE attended the Ford Nationals and let us know way in advance so we could plan for it. I just started a new Job so I am no longer at the top of the totem pole when it comes to taking time off now so I need advance notice..

I too would start to plan to attend if i knew something was in the works. I may go anyway (less the Shelby) just to see the Ford GT get together. Should be a decent turnout.

Hey all, I am in the process of registering for this event, but not sure what all I want to do or how it all works. Recommendations? Besides the burn out contest. Autocross? Show even though my car has some imperfections? Etc.? Where's the best place to stay for my car? Covered, safe parking, etc.? If I have a set of wheels and tires for sale, do I need to sign up as a vendor?

Thanks Everyone,

Curt

If anyone want's to hangout with our club (ROC MUSTANGZ) your more then welcome. Only a few Shelby's in the club but still some great cars and great people. most of us will be staying at Hotel Carlisle. We will be heading out of Rochester, NY on Friday morning. If you are interested in staying at the hotel let them know your with our club for a discount on the room.

Hotel Carlisle and Embers Convention Center

1700 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17015

Phone: 717-243-1717
Toll Free: 877-718-0592

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm not going to make Carlisle this year and will be attending SAAC's 40th national event, which will be at Pocono Raceway. There will be concours judging on the first day, road racing on Thursday and Friday, and Friday afternoon, high speed laps on the banked Tri-Oval. Saturday is the carshow. I'll put a link up for the webpage. I can't wait to get my KR on a road course and on the NASCAR track!! Tim, I hope to see you there bro!!! http://www.saac.com/?page_id=1188

• 4 weeks later...

I will be going to the Carlisle event and the National event at Pocono. For Carlisle, I will not be in the "show" but going to look at the cars and check out the swap meet. Mainly Sat. maybe Fri. Does anyone want to get together while there? Lunch, maybe diner and a caravan back to Philly area?

Tony

I have to agree, I am not sure what happened we always had a great turnout when Team Shelby NE put on a show. I’m not sure if John does not have the time to put towards the Team or what. Last year we got a 2 week or less notification that they were going to be there and it was not from the lack of interested parties there were many threads asking for a status starting back in November or so. lots of folks were not going to be there unless Team Shelby was there me included. it’s just not the same without the Team Shelby Crew Gary Patterson, Sam, John, Andy and all the others..

I’m actually part of the South Atlantic now but there are no close events except for Carlisle… Either way I hope things go back to the way there were when Team Shelby NE attended the Ford Nationals and let us know way in advance so we could plan for it. I just started a new Job so I am no longer at the top of the totem pole when it comes to taking time off now so I need advance notice..

well while I'm not John maybe I can speak for him a little....

John has been super busy the last year and a half as he is business owner that had to relocate his business across town. I'm sure Team Shelby Northeast will be back, since John has recently had his grand opening......

On another note I saw a post from Sam that he was heading to Carlisle this year, whether or not he will have the Shelby trailer with him I do not know.

Edited by Doug_GT350

well while I'm not John maybe I can speak for him a little....

John has been super busy the last year and a half as he is business owner that had to relocate his business across town. I'm sure Team Shelby Northeast will be back, since John has recently had his grand opening......

On another note I saw a post from Sam that he was heading to Carlisle this year, whether or not he will have the Shelby trailer with him I do not know.

Hi Doug,

Are you and your beautiful wife attending Carlisle Ford Nationals this year?

• 3 weeks later...

Hope to see some fellow TSNE members there... who's doing the parade (or quick drive into town)? I'm going to be there Friday and Saturday, not sure about Sunday at this point.