TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Introducing The Shelby Performance Center!

CaitlinC

1 hour ago, twobjshelbys said:

If you read the first post referenced above:

The root of the problem is that his car can't leave his home country.  So the bottom line is there is no "do it yourself" card, and there is no official Shelby mod shop in Columbia, so the answer is still "no, you can't, not with your current restrictions". 

So, to the original poster:  Can you import an already modified car?  If you can, then find an already modified car here in the US and sell yours.

Unfortunately the Answer is no, due to Colombia Laws if you want to Import a mustang Or any other car Only way it must be Stock brand new from factory so cant buy a 2019 Shelby SS,  Nor I can take my GT 15´ to be modified In las vegas,  and even I you manage to Import it somehow NO COMPANY would insurance that car and that would be an issue as Insurance is mandatory to road on streets and to attend some events ....

they made this law because  some stupid guys start to import heavy modified Sport cars, one of them crashed and killed the driver, his family and some pedestrians because they where not for street use at all, removed their airbags running track only tires  and stuff like that...

Im really sorry I didn't mean  to cause Any trouble,  when I saw the "Are you looking to make your Ford Mustang or Raptor EXTRA special, but don't need a whole package upgrade" I saw that as an option so I could improve my car performance using Shelby parts and have some Advice on it, as I actually use my GT (Not performance pack) for  Racing events like Hill Climbs and Time attacks a lot.

again, sorry if my comments may  have caused Any trouble...

1 hour ago, Moises Monsalve said:

Unfortunately the Answer is no, due to Colombia Laws if you want to Import a mustang Or any other car Only way it must be Stock brand new from factory so cant buy a 2019 Shelby SS,  Nor I can take my GT 15´ to be modified In las vegas,  and even I you manage to Import it somehow NO COMPANY would insurance that car and that would be an issue as Insurance is mandatory to road on streets and to attend some events ....

they made this law because  some stupid guys start to import heavy modified Sport cars, one of them crashed and killed the driver, his family and some pedestrians because they where not for street use at all, removed their airbags running track only tires  and stuff like that...

Im really sorry I didn't mean  to cause Any trouble,  when I saw the "Are you looking to make your Ford Mustang or Raptor EXTRA special, but don't need a whole package upgrade" I saw that as an option so I could improve my car performance using Shelby parts and have some Advice on it, as I actually use my GT (Not performance pack) for  Racing events like Hill Climbs and Time attacks a lot.

again, sorry if my comments may  have caused Any trouble...

Moises, Its all good. Nice to see there are Shelby fans beyond the USA. I think maybe it was my comments caused a bit of  trouble. SAI Steven, I wasn’t trying to imply conflicting information, if it came off that way, then my sincere apologies. I just saw where on the one hand things couldn’t be accommodated a couple of weeks ago and then another inquiry was made in a different way and it appeared he could be helped.  I didn't interpret the original inquiry correctly and in turn,  I was wondering if something may have changed at SAI. That is all. It appears from recent comments that between USA laws and Colombian Laws it would be a challenge to get the exact car that Moises wants.

The one thing I would point out is that maybe he could order some SAI performance parts for his Mustang GT and then perhaps have them installed by a  speedshop in his locale to make a Shelby “tribute car”. Many people don’t have a problem with tributes as long as people don’t try and represent them as a real or official Shelby. Interesting that he is using the car for hill climbs and other events. Best of luck on your journey Moises.

1 hour ago, mhr1961 said:

Moises, Its all good. Nice to see there are Shelby fans beyond the USA. I think maybe it was my comments caused a bit of  trouble. SAI Steven, I wasn’t trying to imply conflicting information, if it came off that way, then my sincere apologies. I just saw where on the one hand things couldn’t be accommodated a couple of weeks ago and then another inquiry was made in a different way and it appeared he could be helped.  I didn't interpret the original inquiry correctly and in turn,  I was wondering if something may have changed at SAI. That is all. It appears from recent comments that between USA laws and Colombian Laws it would be a challenge to get the exact car that Moises wants.

The one thing I would point out is that maybe he could order some SAI performance parts for his Mustang GT and then perhaps have them installed by a  speedshop in his locale to make a Shelby “tribute car”. Many people don’t have a problem with tributes as long as people don’t try and represent them as a real or official Shelby. Interesting that he is using the car for hill climbs and other events. Best of luck on your journey Moises.

thanks at this point a tribute car feels like the only way to go but feels kinda wrong to use any "Shelby logo or badge" on it,  I loved to race on my S550 as I feel really comftable with this mustang,  the car is now being rebuilt In one of the best shops in south America  to help me get better times as the coyote engine sufocates  due to the alttitude  of 8530 feets over sea level,  the power from a stock coyote Gen 2 can be reduced up to 30%!!! last dino I did on race gas was 335 RWHP  due to the lack of oxigen... so the mustang feels heavy and slow on some cities like bogota wile turbo and supercharged engines do not have this issue (this is one of the biggest Issue with the GT350... as it cost almost the same as a Zl1 (about 120.000+ usd ) and the GT350 is beaten by cars like BMW240 and Zeat Leon Cupra), 

keeping in mind this, I bought parts could  help my coyote engine to get as much air as possible. I bought  a ported 18 GT intake, power pack 2 from shelby store, ford  performance camshaft kit from ford performance, 5.2 Heads with its valve train, Im keeping stock headers for the moment as Im really searching for the best ones, ( Really sad shelby is only sellng Gen 1 coyote Headers)  I also bought 350 replica Plastic bumper and fenders, and made custom under body pannels to reduce drag as much as possible with front and rear Air ducts to keep my brakes cool,  also I bought track handling stage 1 and 2 from steeda and this week Illl buy Shelby CS14 Wheels with Toyos on them ,  my future plans for this car is to get ta fully built street track suspension and some large performance brakes and finally get a supercharger, (this is why a SS would have been the perfect car with its 2.9 wipple and its penske suspension) but Im exited as my car will be way more competitive. 

Im here because I  would love some help and feedback from experienced people who know mustangs for almost 50 Years, thats why I joined Team Shelby.

here is a little render of my protect

Mustang GTmk2.jpg

Edited by Moises Monsalve

It looks like we are all on the same page now. Some of the previous confusion stemmed from Moises showing interest in the Shelby Performance Center which for him to utilize would have required his Mustang to be sent to Shelby American in Las Vegas.

Moises, taking into consideration the Government restraints you are facing it would appear that you will be limited to adding some owner installed Shelby flare to your Mustang and not an all encompassing SS or SGT package installed by SAI or an authorized Shelby mod shop..

As I'm sure you're aware many of the parts used on our SS & SGT packages are also available over the counter through Shelby Performance Parts so why not customize your Ford Mustang with these parts and enjoy some of the excitement that SS and SGT owners are enjoying. Many of these parts are branded with the Shelby name so as long as you don't add any Shelby nameplates or emblems to your Mustang suggesting that it is an actual Shelby vehicle you would not be mis-leading anyone.

And lastly, you did not cause any trouble at all. We are all glad you are here on Team Shelby and many of us are looking forward to seeing how your project progresses. Please post photos along the way.

Steven

2 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

And lastly, you did not cause any trouble at all. We are all glad you are here on Team Shelby and many of us are looking forward to seeing how your project progresses. Please post photos along the way.

To reiterate what Steve said, I think we all understand your passion and the limitations you face in doing upgrades and we are all trying to help you achieve your goal.  Steve has pointed you to Shelby Performance Parts and I think it is likely your best starting place for Shelby parts.

You might also look at the Ford Performance site (performance.ford.com) for other performance and handling mods, the only thing I don't know there is what restrictions might apply to shipping outside the US.

Not sure of the elevation changes you are dealing with but if they are anything like the Pikes Peak Hill Climb in the USA, you may want to look at turbo charging your Mustang GT instead of supercharging it. There have been a few guys who turbocharged  2015+ Mustang GT vehicles and did pretty well.  Do a google search “2015 Mustang GT Turbocharged Pikes Peak” and you will get some helpful articles, build info, pictures and videos.

Pikes Peak Hill climb runs from a starting elevation of about 1400 meters to 4300 meters at the finish. I see that Colombia is already at about 2600 meters and if you are driving up the Andes those are some serious elevations and a turbo may be the way to go. Good luck on your quest. Buena Suerte.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 12:53 PM, mhr1961 said:

Not sure of the elevation changes you are dealing with but if they are anything like the Pikes Peak Hill Climb in the USA, you may want to look at turbo charging your Mustang GT instead of supercharging it. There have been a few guys who turbocharged  2015+ Mustang GT vehicles and did pretty well.  Do a google search “2015 Mustang GT Turbocharged Pikes Peak” and you will get some helpful articles, build info, pictures and videos.

Pikes Peak Hill climb runs from a starting elevation of about 1400 meters to 4300 meters at the finish. I see that Colombia is already at about 2600 meters and if you are driving up the Andes those are some serious elevations and a turbo may be the way to go. Good luck on your quest. Buena Suerte.

I´ve been thinking about this for a long time,  and I was about to buy a Twin Turbo from my friends at Central florida turbo, Until I learned about the Super Snake and I fell in love with that car, I truly want One of those.. and I am currently on a legal process called "Tutela", Tutela is when you legally demand the government to give you an answer on something, on my case, A permission for my mustang to be shipped to las vegas to be Improved, this can take up to 2 or 3 years tops, and I just began the leal process like a week ago, but I have a Really good chance , as the Shelby SS or Shelby GT  would retain all the passive and active safety requirements by far and retains the Cats and level nice within permitted by law and its done by a established shop this create a loophole,  this is why Its very sure Ill end up getting my approve and would set a milestone for other mustang owners to do the same,Unfortunately this process is not cheap as the lawyer fees are killing me but worth it If I can have the very first Shelby SS in Colombia and probably South America

This is why install turbos or any other forced induction on my GT would be a waste of money if Im dead set on turning my GT into a Shelby SS, but you are right,  force Induction is pretty much mandatory If I want to race and being competitive.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:51 AM, SAI-Steven said:

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Oh thank you Steven, to be honest I haven't posted anything on my car as.. its  just a mustang  GT with some parts handmade by me and my company to improve it on the track, but Ill upload some photos when I finish it...  probably tomorrow Ill get  a set of CS3 wheels and the front brembro brakes as the racing season will resume again very soon.

Edited by Moises Monsalve

On 7/2/2019 at 11:58 AM, twobjshelbys said:

To reiterate what Steve said, I think we all understand your passion and the limitations you face in doing upgrades and we are all trying to help you achieve your goal.  Steve has pointed you to Shelby Performance Parts and I think it is likely your best starting place for Shelby parts.

You might also look at the Ford Performance site (performance.ford.com) for other performance and handling mods, the only thing I don't know there is what restrictions might apply to shipping outside the US.

thanks! yeap that´s the way Im gonna go for the moment, I can Import anything I want as long its new,  (or doesn't look TOO used or broke at least) and have recipe of purchase, I have a warehouse in Miami were I actually sent all the things I buy, and from there I usually get them on my home to Colombia by next day so its pretty straight forward process, at this point all the parts I got so far for the GT are from ford performance, Drake Or shelby store (aside from the steeda suspension parts and a beautifull GT350 style bumper I got from AM )