TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Introducing The Shelby Performance Center!

CaitlinC

Sillyness aside. I would go there for convenience ( living close by), and let's say you car is at SAI getting a package upgrade, and you want something else installed that is outside the scope of that particular package. Then the car could move over to the performance shop for additional work.

I'd like to get a stainless braided clutch line installed to have a bit less notchy feel in the clutch.

Van at Revan Racing sent me the part saying its a 1 hr job, not difficult on a 13 GT500.

Went to Shelby and was told it is hours of time, including dropping the transmission? And its not needed.

How could the opinions be so different?

Okay, here's two good reasons. 1- Experience ! Unparralled experience in Ford product modifications (most notably Mustangs, Raptors) due to hands on, in house performance parts development, thousands of installations, and how they integrate best in our cars ! 2-Schedule a trip to Las Vegas, drop off your car, go to the strip and return for your car whenever. Remember what happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas !

Please tell me, which parts were developed "in-house"??? None that I can think of other than the much debated oil separator that Jer was part of.

Shelby rebadges cars (Cobra) and parts then sells them as CS parts.

Phill

Please tell me, which parts were developed "in-house"??? None that I can think of other than the much debated oil separator that Jer was part of.

Shelby rebadges cars (Cobra) and parts then sells them as CS parts.

Phill

On the '15 Shelby GT all of the carbon fiber body panels were designed and engineered in house and made by an exclusive supplier. The hood, the front splitter, the rocker panels, the rear diffuser, the spoiler and the mirror covers are all aerospace grade carbon fiber.

The billet aluminum grilles (upper and lower) were also designed and developed in house. The new gauge pod is also a Shelby part designed and developed in house, as well as the seat covers. And all of these parts are Made in USA.

We work very closely with Ford Racing in integrating their parts (supercharger, Borla exhaust, FR handling pack, half shafts and short throw shifter) to work well with the Wilwood brakes and the Shelby exclusive WELD Racing wheels and Michelin tires.

Going forward the Shelby exclusive parts are all designed, engineered and tested in house. For the components that are supplied by our technical partners, we are running the integration and track testing in house also.

The Iso-clutch you are referring to was developed by our head designer and fabricator Vince a couple of years ago and we were finally able to offer it to our customers last fall.

I hope this answers your question,

AJ

I hope this answers your question,

AJ

Yes it does. Thank you.

But I am under the impression that Galpin developed, designed, engineered and manufacture all of the above Carbon Fiber panels/parts you mention for the '15 Mustangs.

And from this, I gather that Shelby American just started any R&D type stuff. True or false?

Thanks again,

Phill

But I am under the impression that Galpin developed, designed, engineered and manufacture all of the above Carbon Fiber panels/parts you mention for the '15 Mustangs.

And from this, I gather that Shelby American just started any R&D type stuff. True or false?

I'm not sure where you heard that, but it's not true. Galpin had nothing to do with the design and development of any of the carbon fiber parts on the '15 Shelby GT. Shelby has provided Galpin with a set of prototype splitter and rocker panels that were on one of their SEMA cars last year (the black one with the gold flakes). But it was a courtesy between old friends: they've asked us if we had anything cool for their showcar, and we did. Galpin does have the Rocket, which is a full CF bodied Mustang but that car was designed by Henrik Fisker and built by Galpin, not Shelby.

We have always had a level of R&D in house since 2005, but in last June we have kicked it into a much higher gear. And we don't just do "R&D type stuff", but full industrial design, CAD, prototyping, dyno testing/tuning, durability testing and track testing. We had 3 fully built and functional prototype cars (not just one put together with spit and duct tape) in the media's hand on a racetrack weeks before the official unveiling. We gave them the keys, sent them on the track and told them to "drive them like they stole them". All those articles on MT, Automobile, R&T, Yahoo Autos etc... were written after the media had the chance to beat the crap out of these cars on the track! You can't deliver that without the proper engineering and R&D I've described above.

I hope this clears up any confusion you may have about Shelby's design and R&D capabilities...

AJ

I'm not sure where you heard that, but it's not true. Galpin had nothing to do with the design and development of any of the carbon fiber parts on the '15 Shelby GT. Shelby has provided Galpin with a set of prototype splitter and rocker panels that were on one of their SEMA cars last year (the black one with the gold flakes). But it was a courtesy between old friends: they've asked us if we had anything cool for their showcar, and we did. Galpin does have the Rocket, which is a full CF bodied Mustang but that car was designed by Henrik Fisker and built by Galpin, not Shelby.

We have always had a level of R&D in house since 2005, but in last June we have kicked it into a much higher gear. And we don't just do "R&D type stuff", but full industrial design, CAD, prototyping, dyno testing/tuning, durability testing and track testing. We had 3 fully built and functional prototype cars (not just one put together with spit and duct tape) in the media's hand on a racetrack weeks before the official unveiling. We gave them the keys, sent them on the track and told them to "drive them like they stole them". All those articles on MT, Automobile, R&T, Yahoo Autos etc... were written after the media had the chance to beat the crap out of these cars on the track! You can't deliver that without the proper engineering and R&D I've described above.

I hope this clears up any confusion you may have about Shelby's design and R&D capabilities...

AJ

NICE!

AJ

Yes, it does.

Again, thanks for the information. It's this kind of information we (the public) craves.

Phill

Whether I am crazy about the new SGT or not, makes no difference....what matters most is that SA is moving forward with loads of body changes to further separate their offerings from stock, and from the rest of the modifiers in the industry. Anyone can make a car go fast and handle, but with R&D being done on cosmetic items, this will give their cars further street cred!!!

CONGRATS SA!!

:salute:

Whether I am crazy about the new SGT or not, makes no difference....what matters most is that SA is moving forward with loads of body changes to further separate their offerings from stock, and from the rest of the modifiers in the industry. Anyone can make a car go fast and handle, but with R&D being done on cosmetic items, this will give their cars further street cred!!!

CONGRATS SA!!

:salute:

I agree. Shelby cars should be unique in appearance along with performance capabilities. That's what I love about my 2012 GT350 !

Want some examples of possible upgrades for your Raptor?

Give your Raptor some Shelby attitude and sound with Method Wheels, BFG Tires, and a Shelby Borla exhaust, all installed with a starting price of only $5,000!

If you’re looking for even more power in your Raptor, we can pump it up to 575HP with a Whipple Super Charger kit and Borla Exhaust starting at $10,800. These are just a few of the upgrades available for Raptors at the Shelby Performance Center. Contact Brian with any further questions.

SPC-Raptor.jpg

How about some Mustang examples?

Enhance your 2005+ Mustang and Shelby with Shelby Venice one-piece machined wheels and Michelin Super Sport tires, starting at $6,700 installed. Looking for a way to make your Mustang look more menacing? You can get a Super Snake Hood and Carbon Fiber Panels (Splitters and Rockers) all installed with a starting price of only $6,400! How about all that horsepower Shelbys are known for far and wide? We can boost your Mustang to an outstanding 800HP with a Kenne Bell Super Charger kit starting at $8,100! I know your next question, what about Dyno runs for your Mustang? We can get your car on the Dyno for only $150 with no tuning, and starting at $475 with a custom tune. This is just the very beginning of what you can do to upgrade your Mustang with the Shelby Performance Center.

SPC-Mustang.jpg

For more information, contact Brian Turner at briant@shelbyamerican.com. You can also reach him at Shelby Performance Parts toll-free, 844-283-5750. The SPC’s working hours are Mon-Fri 6am-4:30pm PST, and Sat 8am-4:30pm PST.

• 1 year later...

Hi Brian,

I have a 2016 Shelby GT with the Whipple Supercharger and would like to install a strut tower brace, and there isn't anything out there available. Is Shelby going to make a brace that will clear the Supercharge? There is plenty of room under the Shelby GT hood. With the HP being made I would like to stiffen up the front end.

Hi Brian,

I have a 2016 Shelby GT with the Whipple Supercharger and would like to install a strut tower brace, and there isn't anything out there available. Is Shelby going to make a brace that will clear the Supercharge? There is plenty of room under the Shelby GT hood. With the HP being made I would like to stiffen up the front end.

Brian is no longer with SPP. You would want to speak with Jason who may be reached at jasonh@shelby.com or 702-405-3500

Steve

• 3 years later...
On 6/28/2019 at 2:10 PM, Moises Monsalve said:

Hello @shelbymotorsports Is this still Available? as someone from colombia I cant get my 2015 GT to be built into a SS or a Shelby GT  so this would be awesome

I'm not sure what you mean by that you can't get your 2015 Mustang GT built as a SS or SGT, call the Shelby American sales department and they will let you know how to accomplish just that.

(702) 942-7325

Chris, Matt & Mike in our sales department is who you would ask for.

21 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that you can't get your 2015 Mustang GT built as a SS or SGT, call the Shelby American sales department and they will let you know how to accomplish just that.

(702) 942-7325

Chris, Matt & Mike in our sales department is who you would ask for.

he made a similar inquiry a couple of weeks ago and got a different response. Has something changed in the past couple of weeks that you can now get one built?

link to previous inquiry.

2 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

he made a similar inquiry a couple of weeks ago and got a different response. Has something changed in the past couple of weeks that you can now get one built?

link to previous inquiry.

No nothing has changed.

A few weeks ago he asked if he could build a SS or GT himself and have Shelby American certify the car and issue the car he built a CSM number, he was told no that was not possible then and it is not possible now so nothing has changed.

Today he came into an old SPC thread and stated that he can't get his 2015 Mustang GT built into a SS or a SGT. That is an incorrect statement as all he has to do is contact the Shelby Sales department and discuss those packages with Chris, Matt or Mike as Shelby American can certainly install a SS or SGT package onto his 2015 Mustang GT.

The OP and myself are probably having a little language barrier but to claim that he is receiving conflicting answers is incorrect. No he can not build a SS/SGT himself, yes he can send his 2015 Mustang GT and have a SS/SGT package installed.

Steven

I think part of the problem is the confusion on whether he or someone in his area who is not an authorized Shelby American shop can do the upgrades and have the converted Mustang GT designated as a licensed Shelby GT with a Shelby number.  

If you read the first post referenced above:

And for what I understood the car must be taken to a Shelby facility located in  USA or Europe to be turned into a Shelby and due to National Laws the car Cannot be exported, modified and then imported again, I would love to take my car to USA so it can be build but its simply NOT possible.

The root of the problem is that his car can't leave his home country.  So the bottom line is there is no "do it yourself" card, and there is no official Shelby mod shop in Columbia, so the answer is still "no, you can't, not with your current restrictions". 

So, to the original poster:  Can you import an already modified car?  If you can, then find an already modified car here in the US and sell yours.

Edited by twobjshelbys