TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seafoam Engine Treatment

I use Sea Foam engine treatment as a fuel additive every other full tank fill-up. Seems to work good at keeping the injectors clean, and getting moisture out of the fuel system. Hard to pinpoint any immediate benefit, but I have never had a clogged injector. This time of year, moisture in anything can be a PITA. I usually wait until the last few drops are out of the tank, so, probably avoid collecting moisture anyway. But if any of y'all let your cars sit idle for long periods of time, this stuff may be helpful.

I also add one can to the crankcase just a few miles ahead of an oil change. Seems okay there too. Never lost an engine from a turned bearing either, I just put a hole in something somewhere. Have never had any problems with the fuel system, or, with drying out the main seals. Dont see much of rubber products under the hoods these days, everything seems to be a poly-something or another, especially with E-85 cars. But my daddy taught me about this stuff, and old habits are hard to break. I think of it as cheap insurance.

Y'all be safe.

Edited by LuLu

I use it for a winter storage stablizer and now and again in the summer. I have tried many different brands over the years and Sea Foam is the real deal. Works good in my lawn mower, outboard motor, snow blower and everything I have.

Not every additive or aftermarket product out there needs a signature name behind it. Every once in a while, a product survives the test of time by being plain old good at what it does.

Y'all be safe.

Edited by LuLu