TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Material Hold Already!

Ordered my 2008 GT500 on April 19 and they already have it on material hold with no VIN. Called the VOPC and they have no explanation (by the way, I have not been able to access the ERL through the VOPC, they now direct you to an analyst). Anyone heard of any reason for the material hold? I swore I wouldn't get impatient about the order time, but that went out the window on April 20th!!!!!

Mine is also on material hold. I assume it has something to do with the HID or ambient lighting because the second one ordered at my dealer isn't on hold. I am not sure what options that one has but the only options I have are the ones I listed and the interior upgrade.

Ted

I assumed it had to be something with the HID and/or ambient lighting since they are the only new options. I also added the navigation system, but they should already have these in stock. You would think the kinks would be worked out by now!!

Mine is also on material hold. I assume it has something to do with the HID or ambient lighting because the second one ordered at my dealer isn't on hold. I am not sure what options that one has but the only options I have are the ones I listed and the interior upgrade.

Ted

Ordering your vehicle first or second doesn't matter. Which one will be built first depends on the priority code assigned to the order. If the second car ordered has a higher priority number than the first, then it will be built first. Material holds include dealer allotments as well so if your dealer has been alloted 1 car at the moment then the one with the higher priority code will be build first and car number two will be put on material hold until the dealer has been alloted the 2nd car. I went through this last year with my 07. I ordered the car late (17th on the list) and was moved to the head of the line because I buy 75 to 100 cars per year for my fleet. Three cars were ultimately allocated to the dealer and when the rep called to ask my dealer about which one to build first he said mine. As soon as the dealer was alloted his first car my material hold was removed. The highest priority is 10. If your car is priority 20 and above, then the second order will be built first if it is a 10. Your DORA will have the priority number listed. Ask your dealer to tell you your priority number.

Great feedback and information - thanks. My priority code is 10 and the dealer claims I am the only one that has bought/ordered a 2008 GT500 from him so, technically, I should be at the head of the line for cars allocated to my dealer. Now it is up to the Ford ordering process to see where my order falls in line.

Patience is a virtue - that is until you are waiting for your Shelby!!!

Great feedback and information - thanks. My priority code is 10 and the dealer claims I am the only one that has bought/ordered a 2008 GT500 from him so, technically, I should be at the head of the line for cars allocated to my dealer. Now it is up to the Ford ordering process to see where my order falls in line.

Patience is a virtue - that is until you are waiting for your Shelby!!!

In the big scheme of things what can one expect with a 08 MY priority code of 10? That's my priority code.

In the big scheme of things what can one expect with a 08 MY priority code of 10? That's my priority code.

You're at the head of the line, assuming the dealer doesn't have other orders with a priority of 10. If that's the case the rep will call the dealer and ask them which one to build first.

As far as when you will get your car, it means very little. Your dealership may not get their order pulled by Ford until next April. Then again they may get it pulled next month. You won't know until the Regional Rep calls your Sales Manager and tells them that "their next in line."

For example, rpretzel ordered his car the first day the order banks were open in '06 and didn't get it until last month and at that dealership he was priority code 10 since his was their only allocation.

As far as when you will get your car, it means very little. Your dealership may not get their order pulled by Ford until next April. Then again they may get it pulled next month. You won't know until the Regional Rep calls your Sales Manager and tells them that "their next in line."

For example, rpretzel ordered his car the first day the order banks were open in '06 and didn't get it until last month and at that dealership he was priority code 10 since his was their only allocation.

Also, distribution is changing this year. Who knows what it is going to do to the timing of deliveries.

Let the games begin, another new model year.

You will need take the following actions:

Get a shrink

Stock up on booze

Stock up on pills

Stock up on grass

Buy ball peen hammer (for striking yourself)

Pre-purchase emergency room services (for item above)

Learn patience :hysterical2:

Let the games begin, another new model year.

You will need take the following actions:

Get a shrink

Stock up on booze

Stock up on pills

Stock up on grass

Buy ball peen hammer (for striking yourself)

Pre-purchase emergency room services (for item above)

Learn patience :hysterical2:

Checked thast list....twice and I don't think I have enough of anything to wait 6 months. After waiting almost 2 years now it seems so hard to wait longer.

On a good note my gorlfriend bought me a Shelby hat and 2 T-shirts for fathers day. She ordered them before I ordered my car and she couldn't wait to give them to me.

Archived