TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your Kr Story. How About Keeping This Thread Positive.

AlaskanKR

I don't own one but here's my story: I've loved the KRs since they first came out. I currently own a 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones. Love the 05 thru 09 body styles. Same as earlier posts the KRs in my area were over 100k. It wasn't about affording it, just paying the price. Surprised my wife a with a 2010 GT for valentine's day in 2010. Ended up buying a 2011 Kona Blue GT500, then a 2012 Race Red GT350 from SAI. All the while thinking about the KRs. Something about them just keeps drawing me back. Once again it was my wife's turn, so in may of last year ordered her a 2015 LE Wimbledon white. It's now time for a KR. Silver/Blue, or Black. I just cant't seem to stop thinking about them or looking at them. When I was a little younger it was naked women, now cars. It's hell getting old. I will be purchasing one in the next year. A guy on eBay a couple of months ago had both for sell along with a vista blue. Maybe I'll make him an offer for both. Anyway not trying to bore anyone, just trying to keep the thread going.

When I was looking for my GT500, here's what I found at the time in 2008 at one of my local dealers. The other one was 135K, I don't have pics of it. Wonder if anyone here owns this one?

1IMG_1111.jpg

1IMG_1098.jpg

1IMG_1099.jpg

1IMG_1100.jpg

1IMG_1096.jpg

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Sean. :salute:

I remember when you first posted this gallery. I was, and still, flabbergasted at the shameless greed displayed by Morande Ford! It was never a dealer I would consider doing business..., any wonder?

However, it was indicative of the "treasure windfall" posture of dealerships in Southern New England at that time. Back in the Spring of 2006 when I was shopping my GT500, ADMs were running from $5K to $20K.

I even had a dealer in Watertown, CT offer to broker a deal for another dealer that had a GT500 for a mere $5K over the $10K ADM the "silent" dealer wanted. :drop:

Ultimately I found a dealer in Portsmouth, NH that had a blank "slot" I ordered it with every option available.

Like you Sean (and the gathered here), I would love a KR, but the feeding frenzy at that time scared me away... I only hope the owner of this KR bought it for the "fun factor" and not the investment value. :victory:

I took this pic at Kennedy Ford in Oakville Ontario Canada back when I was living up there.

I cannot believe it came out this clear.......I was shaking like a little girl when I saw one in person!

BTW, their ADM......... $108K Canadian, and it was SOLD sitting there. The new owner agreed to let it stay for a while as a business card for the stealer.

post-5340-0-58406100-1426176052_thumb.jpg

I don't own one but here's my story: I've loved the KRs since they first came out. I currently own a 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones. Love the 05 thru 09 body styles. Same as earlier posts the KRs in my area were over 100k. It wasn't about affording it, just paying the price. Surprised my wife a with a 2010 GT for valentine's day in 2010. Ended up buying a 2011 Kona Blue GT500, then a 2012 Race Red GT350 from SAI. All the while thinking about the KRs. Something about them just keeps drawing me back. Once again it was my wife's turn, so in may of last year ordered her a 2015 LE Wimbledon white. It's now time for a KR. Silver/Blue, or Black. I just cant't seem to stop thinking about them or looking at them. When I was a little younger it was naked women, now cars. It's hell getting old. I will be purchasing one in the next year. A guy on eBay a couple of months ago had both for sell along with a vista blue. Maybe I'll make him an offer for both. Anyway not trying to bore anyone, just trying to keep the thread going.

Sounds like you are destined to get one...

Motor on!

• 3 months later...

My KR story started when I saw the 07 GT500 at the Baltimore Car show and I knew I wanted one of the new Shelby's. The following year they announced the KR and I was infatuated. Well, atleast until I found out MSRP was $85k not including the dealer bump :(. So for the next 7-8 years the Shelby/KR bug was dormant.

So fastforward to March 2015 and I was trying to buy a new(to me) Harley to replace my 2001 Sportster. I had $6k cash in hand and was trying to test ride a Heritage Soft Tail, BUT the guy wanted me to give him all the money just to do the test ride! I told him he was out of his mind, and I went back to searching for another motorcycle when I came across a KR on Craigslist. Not sure how it came up in my search results, but the KR had my attention again! Unfortunately this KR had almost 20k miles on it and they wanted $70k since we are on an island.

My search for the perfect KR consumed all of my time for the next five days until I ended up drunk bidding on a couple of ebay auctions(both with reserves that weren't met). Three days later I received an email from the owner of one informing me that he was going to lower the reserve to $100 above my bid with only 1 hour left on the auction. I was in SHOCK! That hour was torture, but I made it and with 3 seconds left(and my heart beating at 180 BPM) I placed my bid. I immediately called the owner to make sure he was going to hold up his side of the deal and 6 hours later I flew to Michigan to inspect my new KR!

The enjoyment was short lived since I had to ship it the next day and wait a full month for it to get to Hawaii. LONGEST. MONTH. EVER!

Anyway, I drive it as much as I can justify, but it ends up being between 100-200 miles a month depending on the weather. I always get comments, stares and pictures when I take it out of the garage. Not sure if I will ever sell this thing!

Edited by PonyRazor

My KR story started when I saw the 07 GT500 at the Baltimore Car show and I knew I wanted one of the new Shelby's. The following year they announced the KR and I was infatuated. Well, atleast until I found out MSRP was $85k not including the dealer bump :(. So for the next 7-8 years the Shelby/KR bug was dormant.

So fastforward to March 2015 and I was trying to buy a new(to me) Harley to replace my 2001 Sportster. I had $6k cash in hand and was trying to test ride a Heritage Soft Tail, BUT the guy wanted me to give him all the money just to do the test ride! I told him he was out of his mind, and I went back to searching for another motorcycle when I came across a KR on Craigslist. Not sure how it came up in my search results, but the KR had my attention again! Unfortunately this KR had almost 20k miles on it and they wanted $70k since we are alone an island.

My search for the perfect KR consumed all of my time for the next five days until I ended up drunk bidding on a couple of ebay auctions(both with reserves that weren't met). Three days later I received an email from the owner of one informing me that he was going to lower the reserve to $100 above my bid with only 1 hour left on the auction. I was in SHOCK! That hour was torture, but I made it and with 3 seconds left(and my heart beating at 180 BPM) I placed my bid. I immediately called the owner to make sure he was going to hold up his side of the deal and 6 hours later I flew to Michigan to inspect my new KR!

the enjoyment was short lived since I had to ship it the next day and wait a full month for it to get to Hawaii. LONGEST. MONTH. EVER!

Anyway, I drive it as much as I can justify, but it ends up being between 100-200 miles a month depending on the weather. I always get comments, stares and pictures when I take it out of the garage. Not sure if I will ever sell this thing!

Great story Razor,

My in-laws live over the hill in Kailua.

Theres a guy wth a 2011 GT350 near Hawaii Kai

Motor on.

Great story Razor,

My in-laws live over the hill in Kailua.

Theres a guy wth a 2011 GT350 near Hawaii Kai

Motor on.

Thanks! I haven't seen the GT350 yet. Do you know what color it is?

Had mine out today.

Haha,I'm typing this while taking a break from putting wax on before taking mine out too! Edited by PonyRazor

So fastforward to March 2015 and I was trying to buy a new(to me) Harley to replace my 2001 Sportster. I had $6k cash in hand and was trying to test ride a Heritage Soft Tail, BUT the guy wanted me to give him all the money just to do the test ride! I told him he was out of his mind, and I went back to searching for another motorcycle when I came across a KR on Craigslist. Not sure how it came up in my search results, but the KR had my attention again! Unfortunately this KR had almost 20k miles on it and they wanted $70k since we are on an island.

The enjoyment was short lived since I had to ship it the next day and wait a full month for it to get to Hawaii. LONGEST. MONTH. EVER!

You had me at "My KR story started"!!! :hysterical:

Love it! :rockon: