TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Venice Wheels Great Copy Of Alcoas

imo ,i think shelby had so many requests for the alco wheels, they had to make a wheel to look as close to the alcos as possible, and they did a great job, i think from a distance the look very much alike, then when getting close you can tell the difference, not much . but a good copy. ( shelby stick with products that sell )

i agree

Yeah, I think they tried something similar with the Venice wheels but they just don't have that "perfect" look that the Alcoas have IMO. I see that you have the cartoon snake center caps on your Alcoas, I'm not a huge fan of the black CS center cap that usually comes with the Alcoas. Do you know if the original cobra snake gt500 center caps fit on the 50 year Alcoas?

Yeah, I think they tried something similar with the Venice wheels but they just don't have that "perfect" look that the Alcoas have IMO. I see that you have the cartoon snake center caps on your Alcoas, I'm not a huge fan of the black CS center cap that usually comes with the Alcoas. Do you know if the original cobra snake gt500 center caps fit on the 50 year Alcoas?

KB, i am pretty sure they fit, i dont think alcoa changed the size of center of the 50th aniv rims, i had a set new in case, sold them about 6 months ago, i didnt know they where in such demand ( back to the alcao rims, i also love how the alcoas look on the shelbys, and have made a few posts about how the new supersnakes rims just do not compare to the look of the alcoas and have gotten alot of negative response on how the new rims are better looking, but you put any 2 supersnakes side by side the new rims just do not give the car the look the alcoas do, the black look a little better then the polished but cant compare to the alcoas imo

Your Car looks fantastic! I'm a big Alcoa fan, and those wheels look perfect on your car.

thanks, yours also looks great , i really think shelby should have found a way to keep the alcos as a shellby wheel thats the reason why they are going for so much money , not that they are worth the price some of these guys are selling them for, the price i paid $2000 was well worth it, i just wish a could get a few spares

quote name="thejmasterslim" post="1595798" timestamp="1424625137"]While not the best angle, here are the polished mounted up. Not Alcoas, but Ill go with it. It is nice to have a polished option as there had not been for the SA wheel option between these and the Alcoa's.

20150218_160154_zps7tnnuiqz.jpg

This color combo looks fantastic with the polished out rims, I personally like polished rims as opposed to black rims. I'm not a fan of black wheels because they don't bring out the color or the character of the car that's riding on them. They kinda resemble spare tires from a distance! Lol

quote name="thejmasterslim" post="1595798" timestamp="1424625137"]While not the best angle, here are the polished mounted up. Not Alcoas, but Ill go with it. It is nice to have a polished option as there had not been for the SA wheel option between these and the Alcoa's.

20150218_160154_zps7tnnuiqz.jpg

This color combo looks fantastic with the polished out rims, I personally like polished rims as opposed to black rims. I'm not a fan of black wheels because they don't bring out the color or the character of the car that's riding on them. They kinda resemble spare tires from a distance! Lol

Ouch!!! Spare tires?

I agree the polished look great on thejmasterslim's car for sure. Thats going to be an awesome car!

Better than black on that car maybe... but the black rims would look pretty cool with the black stripes as well.

Ouch!!! Spare tires?

I agree the polished look great on thejmasterslim's car for sure. Thats going to be an awesome car!

Better than black on that car maybe... but the black rims would look pretty cool with the black stripes as well.

I didn't mean to touch a nerve 06H275, your supersnake looks great with the black/gold (maybe because I'm very partial to the supersnake conversion) anniversary combo and black Alcoas, it's just personally for me black rims typically don't do anything that bring out the cars body lines or physical character of the particular car IMO, I think visually the blacked out rims leave something of a void in the wheel well, again that is just my opinion that doesn't mean that I'm the authority on what makes a car look good or not. Have a good day my friend!

All good KB12, I sort of see where your coming from. My son told me to get black Razors for my GT-H and I refused because I thought it would be too much black. I'm really happy I didn't listen to him!

I do think the thejmasterslim's Grabber Orange will look great with the polished!

All good KB12, I sort of see where your coming from. My son told me to get black Razors for my GT-H and I refused because I thought it would be too much black. I'm really happy I didn't listen to him!

I do think the thejmasterslim's Grabber Orange will look great with the polished!

Cool, both your Shelby's look fantastic....I especially love the Supersnake, great year!

Archived