TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2017 Cobra?

DLP

I think it will happen heck the 13-14 Gt500 was a great seller if Ford keeps the price reasonable why wouldn't they come back with a more powerful GT500 than the 13-14's

It'll sell like hotcakes IMO.....AND if they change the front end a bit I'll be one of the buyers for sure I personally don't think they'll wait till 17 I seriously think you'll see one

sooner than later...... :yup:

It may be that they come back with another vehicle, but it will probably not be called a GT500. It was stated elsewhere that Ford now has exclusive rights to the GT500 brand name and that they have retired it. It was stated it was a long term (think time frame of the 60's GT500s to the 2007 version). My interpretation was that Ford felt that there was "room" for only one GTxxx model at any one time, and the GT350 will be around for a while. I would be taking bets that it would be a Mach 1 over GT500.

Edited by twobjshelbys

It may be that they come back with another vehicle, but it will probably not be called a GT500. It was stated elsewhere that Ford now has exclusive rights to the GT500 brand name and that they have retired it. It was stated it was a long term (think time frame of the 60's GT500s to the 2007 version). My interpretation was that Ford felt that there was "room" for only one GTxxx model at any one time, and the GT350 will be around for a while. I would be taking bets that it would be a Mach 1 over GT500.

Yeah I shouldn't have been using the GT500 name per say but a Stang along the lines of the GT500 and MACH1 would be a great name for it IMO the MACH1 should have been used

with the 05 to 14 body style I really don't understand why it wasn't.

Yeah I shouldn't have been using the GT500 name per say but a Stang along the lines of the GT500 and MACH1 would be a great name for it IMO the MACH1 should have been used

with the 05 to 14 body style I really don't understand why it wasn't.

I've always thought that the current Dodge Challenger more closely resembled the older Dodge Charger. However, Dodge went and ruined it by using the brand name on a family sedan.

Ford will have to be careful in what brand it resurrects for the next one.

Edited by twobjshelbys

I've always thought that the current Dodge Challenger more closely resembled the older Dodge Charger. However, Dodge went and ruined it by using the brand name on a family sedan.

Ford will have to be careful in what brand it resurrects for the next one.

I agree and wish the Mustang would have stayed closer to the 05-14 look I hate the bow on the 15 Stang....What brand name are you talking about that sounds like a family sedan?...... :shrug:

I agree and wish the Mustang would have stayed closer to the 05-14 look I hate the bow on the 15 Stang....What brand name are you talking about that sounds like a family sedan?...... :shrug:

It doesn't sound like one, the Charger is a 4-door vehicle. That's not necessarily bad, because you can also get a Hellcat charger.

It doesn't sound like one, the Charger is a 4-door vehicle. That's not necessarily bad, because you can also get a Hellcat charger.

Gotcha yeah I think they are targeting some of the big fast German sedan buyers but that won't happen because the people buying the big German sedans won't be buying

a Dodge Ford or Chev.

Gotcha yeah I think they are targeting some of the big fast German sedan buyers but that won't happen because the people buying the big German sedans won't be buying

a Dodge Ford or Chev.

Dodge really screwed up. They used the Charger name again before the beginning of the retro cars (like Mustang and Camaro). I would have brought their car back as a Charger instead of Challenger but they'd already blown the brand tag. But as Carroll said, if it's a good car it will sell and if its a bad car it won't and the name won't matter.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Dodge really screwed up. They used the Charger name again before the beginning of the retro cars (like Mustang and Camaro). I would have brought their car back as a Charger instead of Challenger but they'd already blown the brand tag. But as Carroll said, if it's a good car and if its a bad car it won't and the name won't matter.

Wise words from Carroll.